Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 01:32:52 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Uploading Frustration...  (Read 2908 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
kinnika

View Profile
« on: January 24, 2009, 02:21:14 pm »

Dangit! I am so frustrated. I need to know how to upload again.

I know I asked this before, so I apologize to any of you who helped me out (I believe it was Tenshi) . I found the uploading forum I posted months ago but it's from the old site and the link no longer works and need to know where the link is on this new site.

I would appreciate it if anyone could help me.

"[T]here's a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing[.]"; Hence: There are a lot of great Sims stuff out there for free that are just as good as name brands you pay for!

So please, take note: http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/
mizzhyphywifey

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2009, 08:25:56 pm »

i would like to know the same thing! i hope someone can help.

nothin\' compares 2 the satisfaction, that i feel when we out mashin\'
Jenna
Queen of Spamming
Admin

Who farted?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2009, 08:39:12 pm »

It's quite easy to do. When you go to make a new post (or reply to one) you should see an 'Additional Options' link under the text window. Click that, and you should see an option to attach files to your post. Click 'Browse' and choose a file you want to upload. If you need to upload another, click the 'More Attachments' link next to the 'Browse' button.

...when you've got all the files you want to upload, just click the 'Post' button and they'll be uploaded. Simple as that.

Quote from: Engram
Jenna and I make cute babbiez! LOL
Quote from: Isadora
Great, another night of chicken chair typing.
amc462000
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2009, 08:52:03 pm »

I think they meant if there is a special place to post their custom content at because of rules about custom content, how it gets approved etc. like MTS2 where it is a huge process to upload something. It is hard to believe you can just go to the Community Downloads and just upload something without some sort of special procedure.

Or if I misunderstood and that is not what they meant, I am sorry to have butted in.
kinnika

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2009, 11:11:17 pm »

Well, while I thank Jenna for her help, I have to say amc is right on the money. I actually would really like the link to where it is on this site, just like the last Insimenator site because of that "special procedure". I need specifics. I need to know stuff like - how to pick the right item out of the Sims folder - since the lots all look numbered, how am I supposed to know which file to pull - and then a step-by-step of how upload - things like that.

So, if anyone could possibly give me a link (hopefully, they have one), that would be awesome.

"[T]here's a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing[.]"; Hence: There are a lot of great Sims stuff out there for free that are just as good as name brands you pay for!

kinnika

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2009, 01:56:27 pm »

Okay, so I was finally able to upload my lot (somewhat). I get it all ready and then try to post but I get a response saying that its not in the right format. I was told to package my lot in a Sims2Package. I uploaded the photos in jpg format. So, now what? How come I was told to package my lot in Sims2Pack, but yet, now its not loading?

amc462000
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2009, 02:20:14 pm »

how did you package your lot?
kinnika

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2009, 02:59:25 pm »

I followed the instructions below:

Tutorial: How to Package a Lot for Upload
« on: January 29, 2006, 01:24:57 pm »

2. Choose a neighborhood to play then click the family button and find the lot you want to package. Click on it.

3. On the menu that pops up click the package lot button on the left. A new menu will pop up. Choose package lot to file (not package lot to the exchange) and click the checkmark.

The game will package up your file (it may take awhile be patient) and tell you where you can find it when it's done.

You can now find your lot in your MyDocuments\eagames\thesims2\packagedlots folder (it automatically created the folder for you when you packaged your first lot)

The file will be called whatever you called the lot when you made it in your game before.

Right-click on the lot and choose open with Sims2Pack Clean Installer (if you dont have Clean Installer, get it!).
Use Clean Installer to help you scan the file for hacks/careers/etc and to properly credit the people who made the custom content you used (if you used any).

Go to whatever site you're going to upload the lot to (hopefully this one), upload the lot, upload the screenshots, and whatever information you want to give people and you're done.

So, I followed all this. The package my lot is in is in the same format of lots I download. So, I'm not sure exactly what the problem is.

amc462000
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2009, 06:32:07 pm »

ok so you followed all the directions and now you have a Sims2package.  And did you zip it?  to attach a file, it has to be: doc, gif, jpg, mpg, pdf, png, txt, zip, rar, 7z, package - you cannot attach a non-zipped Sims2package file it seems.
kinnika

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2009, 11:20:15 pm »

No, because that was a step that this person apparently left out. I don't know how to do that. Would you be able to let me know how to do that?

I'll feel silly if its really simple, lol.

Do I just right-click the lot and "add to archive", then hit "ok"?

amc462000
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2009, 12:04:55 am »

yes that is how.
kinnika

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2009, 12:41:43 pm »

Hey, thanks, I appreciate it your response.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: