Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 07:39:05 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: EA "evaluating" Sims 3 release date  (Read 23732 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
FrankP
Sky Marshal Skittles

Shot who?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2009, 02:28:10 pm »

Anybody think that possibly the class-action lawsuits against EA & Securom might have something to do with the delay?As in EA realizes they'll probably lose the case, so maybe another thing they are "tweaking" is using another DRM program, so they gotta go back and reconfigure things?Just a thought.........

Confuscious say man with dyslexia that drinks gets fitshaced alot!
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2009, 04:20:14 pm »

I don't think those have any impact at all. The cases have not been replied to by EA (I've checked) and there hasn't been any movement on the court's part to put them on a docket. It usually takes at least a year before a case goes to court in the civil division of the Federal court.
But I do think they're probably being cautious about not letting everyone know which version of Securom they're going to be using.
There's a new version in beta test. At our website, (ReclaimYourGame) we're holding our breath about EA using the newest version in the Sims 3. We have no idea what it is like or how bad it is.

twinklelilstar

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2009, 05:38:55 pm »

Can they really use a beta software on a game that's being produced? Beta means it's still being tested. I don't something that's being 'tested' especially Securom, on my computer

Only EA really knows why they delayed the game...We can only guess.

"You said forever, who knew forever was so short?"

Anju's story
Sim Pictures!

Dizzymental

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 16, 2009, 11:44:16 pm »

Don't EA always do this though, announce a release date that is way too optimistic?
lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2009, 08:06:49 am »

Yep, they do. I was anticipating Sims 2 when it was announced. I remembered twice being disappointed that the date was pushed back. Not that excited now, but will want to see what the game is like when it comes out. Smiley

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
FrankP
Sky Marshal Skittles

Shot who?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: February 17, 2009, 05:44:43 pm »

Well, I can't wait to see what kind of hell & chaos we can do in the "open" town format. I mean, think about it........just take any hacked item for sims 2 that caused hilarity, or otherwise, on the lot you were playing.........now, expand that range of chaos to the street your sim lives on, then onto the town...........MUWHAHAHAHAH.........Hey, that sim caused my sim to cry,etc.....hmmm.lets go use this hacked item to set fire,make them piss themselves, whatever.The damages caused by sims 2 hacks, and I mean the intended ones,mind you, can cause trouble on a much grander scale now.Provided we get some great thinkers to really come up with some doozies,lol. Evil

Confuscious say man with dyslexia that drinks gets fitshaced alot!
LVishere

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2009, 10:57:20 pm »

They should revamp the whole thing and add better graphics.
persilwasmiddel

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 20, 2009, 10:30:48 am »

I hope they will make better looking skins and make things like simPE possible. Sims in sims 3 are ugly because the skins are horrible. I know EA games has a horrible taste in clothes, no doubt that won't change. Even kids dress like 60 year olds.
Micke
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 21, 2009, 10:46:07 am »

I've heard that you won't be able to mod The Sims 3 in any way... Is there any truth to these rumors?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 21, 2009, 11:01:49 am »

I've heard that you won't be able to mod The Sims 3 in any way... Is there any truth to these rumors?
I'd say about 60% true based on the information available. It might not be ENTIRELY unmoddable, so you can still throw in ugly recolors and bad meshes, but something like the Insim is about 85% likely to be impossible.
sannysims40

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 23, 2009, 03:07:19 am »

I agree with MagicFlute.  I have been searching the web getting feedback about the sims 3 as well as the release date.  If Maxis wants us to pay almost $50 for this game and by all means it had better be worth it!  angry  My question if they had more neighborhood will it be continous or do we have to wait until the neighborhood loads in order to play? huh  Many, many thanks everyone. 
roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 01, 2009, 08:18:56 am »

i would like to think they soiled their underwear after reading all the negative feedback, and that they're putting togeather something that will sell, not might sell.
VampyrMuffinMan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: March 16, 2009, 07:27:43 am »

I don't think those have any impact at all. The cases have not been replied to by EA (I've checked) and there hasn't been any movement on the court's part to put them on a docket. It usually takes at least a year before a case goes to court in the civil division of the Federal court.
But I do think they're probably being cautious about not letting everyone know which version of Securom they're going to be using.
There's a new version in beta test. At our website, (ReclaimYourGame) we're holding our breath about EA using the newest version in the Sims 3. We have no idea what it is like or how bad it is.

So, delayed so that they can install the newest version of Suck?  I seriously doubt that they delayed for bug fixing as I'm sure they were deep into production already.  If they did it for marketing reasons, then it once again proves that most marketing execs have their heads up their asses.  Hype wears off...  If it ends up being palatable to me, I'll have to find a no-cd and a way to kill the suck.  Maybe next year some time.

Check out my HubPages for useful computer tutorials.  [link under wolfie]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: