Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 01:32:12 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: EA "evaluating" Sims 3 release date  (Read 23728 times)
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic.
maniac19642003
« on: January 26, 2009, 07:46:23 pm »

It looks like there will be a delay after all. Eurogamer posted an article where Electronic Arts said the following:

"We are evaluating the launch window. The game looks great and in the near future we'll have more information."
Check out this news here: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/ea-evaluating-sims-3-release-date
simpleprincess
Princess in training.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2009, 04:11:18 am »

Im going to be sooooo annoyed if its delayed. angry
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2009, 11:14:26 am »

I'm not surprised. Now what would surprise me is if EA was delaying the release to give us all a perfectly running, bug free game. *snort* I'm so funny!

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
jamesabrown1
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2009, 11:22:01 am »

Heh, that ain't gonna happen (not sure all the bugs will turn up until there are lots of people giving it a work out), but I'm concerned that they've found something so heinous that release is not an option, making me wonder what ticking time-bombs are imbedded in the code that nobody has yet discovered. Maybe they need better beta testers.
simpleprincess
Princess in training.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2009, 11:57:45 am »

Mmm hadnt thought of that, maybe its better then, I read that article as EAxis trying to find a suitable launch date to "cash in" on the game as much as possible.lol.
maniac19642003
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2009, 07:29:46 pm »

Snootysims:

A few bits about the delay; I've set the release date countdown a full month later, but you must realize that it may not come out until May/June as EA told European stores that it will be released in the first half of 2009. Further more, Spong.com was told that February 3, EA will give an official statement about the delay.

Spong.com link - http://news.spong.com/article/16990/The_Sims_3_Delayed_?d=200901261218&cb=72
jamesabrown1
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2009, 05:43:40 am »

Yup. Given the money producing potential based on Sims 2, I don't think they are too concerned about the long-term potential. However, this might just be classic marketing tactic, sort of like fishing, tease with the bait a bit before you hook 'em, by then there will be a general feeding frenzy going on and there will be a good catch beyond the initial one. It will also provide a general feel for the demand for the game. Always remember, to us it is a game, to them it is a revenue producing product.
Magicflute

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2009, 05:51:57 pm »

This is pure speculation on my part, but I'm honestly wondering (/hoping ...) if they are adding onto the game after the creator camp and getting some actual fan feedback and all. The fact that you can't make more neighborhoods did not go over well, and with the economy being so bad this game HAS to sell. Loads. Which it likely will either way, but it would definitely sell more if they tweaked it a bit ...

I don't know. Could just be me being hopeful, but if that is the reason they're delaying the release, then by all means! Delay away!
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 10:25:42 pm by Magicflute » Logged

brico

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2009, 01:45:36 pm »

20.2.2009 ... you will see,it will be!!!
Ali
Short, fat n Cuddly!
Admin

I got a luverly bunch of c.... oops, wrong site!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2009, 07:26:24 am »

magicflute - it would be nice if that were the reason. some feedback from the creators camp says that EA were immovable on some things  Sad

From the few things I've read about the creators camp there's a lot missing from ts3 that is in ts2 but there also seems to be a few contradictions - at Parsimonious the blog there says that we will be able to have files to load into the game but then it also states that EA is making it that we can't ... I'm a little confused

I shall wait till the furore dies down and there's a file available to I don't have to use the disk all the time!

"They're a rum lot, the Yorkshire folk. You can't fool them, you certainly can't get away with much and they call a spade a spade. Or rather, they call a spade 'a bloody shovel'" Mark Addy
jamesabrown1
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2009, 07:59:36 am »

Aye, the confusion only serves to fan the flames, which in turn increases interest. That is to their advantage. So is the speculation. It is frustrating right now, but in a couple of months it will just be forgotten, dusty history and a lot of simmers will be off and running with the shiney new, myself included, most likely.
Renette

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2009, 08:22:16 am »

I'm not surprised. Now what would surprise me is if EA was delaying the release to give us all a perfectly running, bug free game. *snort* I'm so funny!

Lol, we can only but dream eh Joy  Giggle  Coffee2
simpleprincess
Princess in training.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2009, 03:23:44 am »

Im hoping if its delayed they might add some more stuff.lol
Ali
Short, fat n Cuddly!
Admin

I got a luverly bunch of c.... oops, wrong site!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2009, 07:17:50 am »

a lot of simmers will be off and running with the shiney new, myself included, most likely.

yes, I have caved I'm afraid! After swearing blind that I wouldn't get it, I pre-ordered it the other day ... don't ask, I must have been having a mad moment. Quite why I want my pc loaded with freaky looking sims I'm not sure

Anyhoo ... I pre-ordered it from play.com and they've got the release date as 20.02.09 (plus a nice vomit-worthy pre-order bonus "Hawaiian" print texture)

"They're a rum lot, the Yorkshire folk. You can't fool them, you certainly can't get away with much and they call a spade a spade. Or rather, they call a spade 'a bloody shovel'" Mark Addy
jamesabrown1
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2009, 08:02:05 am »

LOL. The lot of us are hopeless, Ali. Sims is more than just a game, it's an addiction.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: