Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 01:27:25 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: EA "evaluating" Sims 3 release date  (Read 23727 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Ali
Short, fat n Cuddly!
Admin

I got a luverly bunch of c.... oops, wrong site!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2009, 04:33:35 pm »

yep, you got that right!

"They're a rum lot, the Yorkshire folk. You can't fool them, you certainly can't get away with much and they call a spade a spade. Or rather, they call a spade 'a bloody shovel'" Mark Addy
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2009, 05:15:15 pm »

EA had released a statement today (that was later taken down) on their news page that gave the release date of June 2.
As it has been taken down, all bets are off, but the investors' page for EA still does have that date as the official ship date.
It ties into the fiscal woes that EA is having-they had a very bad financial quarter ending in December, and are laying off an additional 1,000 people as a result of those results. It should not surprise anyone that this delay is happening-it's obvious that the company is in great turmoil.

twinklelilstar

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2009, 05:36:41 pm »

They put the statement back up, sorry thought I had the link. When I first read it I was like 'GRR!' but if they're making the game better, I suppose I can wait...June is so far away though! I don't know if I can wait that long before spontaneously combusting!

P.S. what about the people who pre-ordered it? That really sucks for you guys...

"You said forever, who knew forever was so short?"

Anju's story
Sim Pictures!

MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2009, 06:03:07 pm »

Actually, the official EA page for the release date was modified so that there is now a counter to the release date of June 2. That is official as of this moment.
Sorry for the bad news, but a delay was almost inevitable given the financial uncertainty of the economy right now and the fact that EA had a terrible quarter ending in December.
I wouldn't hold my breath on them improving the game, though. They're notorious for releasing games that have major bugs that take many modders to fix.

twinklelilstar

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2009, 06:31:29 pm »

Wait, a 'counter'? I promise I'm not stupid, and this may be a dumb question...I just don't want to be misinformed!

"You said forever, who knew forever was so short?"

Anju's story
Sim Pictures!

loversim

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2009, 06:56:51 pm »

idk about the calender part but why would they put up a release date for february; have us all excited for it to come out then when we're just a few days away tell us its not happening! couldn't they have mentioned that idk in JANUARY! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR  Cry Undecided
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2009, 09:56:07 pm »

This counter:
http://thesims3.ea.com/view/pages/coolstuff.jsp

Dec12741

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2009, 11:35:06 pm »

EA's changing of the release date Just PO's me badly angry
MaggieMae
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2009, 01:59:38 am »

Yep, June 2nd.  And here I thought I was going to buy it this month.   rolleyes  Should have known better anyway when it comes to EA. 

Thanks for the info.  I guess I will be buying an expansion pack for my Macbook after all.   Undecided
Bloody_Tears

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2009, 06:29:29 am »

While I'm not surprised, after all as previously stated by others, it IS EAxis. rolleyes And we all know what they are like by now. None the less, I'm raging! I got a new computer just so I can run it and it turns out I could have left it another few months and not shelled out the damned money (I've installed some Sims2 stuff on it and it looks beautiful but I digress...) Grrr.  angry

"I am become Death, destroyer of worlds" Oppenheimer, taken from The Bhagavad Gita.
divababy

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2009, 06:45:48 am »

Well, That does it for me with the sims 3! i mean i can sorta understand about the issues but come on, we as sim fans have waited and waited for this and now a couple of weeks before release and they say , " oh sorry its going to be delayed!" If EAmaxis was smart and wanted to bost sales then they should have released it on time.
leonandrews

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2009, 07:29:30 am »

how interesting, I was given the date of June 11th, maybe thats for the australian release of the game. I agree, waiting a little longer will mean less problems and a better game in the long run, but its also hard to wait, knowing that once upon a time it was just days away from release
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2009, 08:07:02 am »

Actually, Sims 3 is not the only game they delayed yesterday-I read that the Godfather game is also delayed.
I personally think the delay is not only for ramping up the marketing for the game, as admitted by the CEO, but also to push any profits or losses into the next fiscal year, which starts in March. That way their shareholders will be happy with "improved" sales figures and less unhappy with any losses.
As it is, they posted a huge loss yesterday, and I'm pretty sure that their stock is going to probably take a massive hit today from the results.
It's a business, remember? They don't really care about the quality of the game, just the profits from it.

jamesabrown1
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2009, 08:52:17 am »

All too true, but I do think that the people working the project probably care about quality. Right now, everybody, EA included, is simply struggling to survive.
Micke
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2009, 09:24:08 am »

I had finally decided I would buy it so I pre-ordered it and I was really looking forward to getting it... Well, it's only 117 days left, could have been worse. Hopefully they'll use this time to make sure the game is as bug free as they can get it.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: