Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 08:38:36 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: EA "evaluating" Sims 3 release date  (Read 23725 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Hanomaru
Lurky McLurkface

I'll just leave this here.

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2009, 10:58:42 am »

Geez. Sorry to hear about that. Oh, well, I can wait, plus it means I won't miss all my classes in March. rolleyes And they didn't cancel it. And what little workforce they have left after the layoffs can spend some of that time debugging, maybe fixing that sticky walking anim. Maybe host another Creator's Camp!

loversim is right, though. They would've had their December figures not long after New Year's. They could've announced it more than a week before shipment. The guys at my local EB are probably right pissed.

It looks like the UK/Canada release is June 5th. I am now scheduling that day and the next three off.

"You're telling me that fifty million screaming friends are never wrong?
I'm telling you that fifty million screaming friends are $&@%ing morons."
James Euringer
simpleprincess
Princess in training.

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2009, 12:29:12 pm »

Not exactly first half is it EA? grrrr . Im hoping they will improve alot of things, like everyone looking the same and add maybe another neighbourhood, also this should be enough time to release at least one more sims 2 expansion or decent stuff pack or two..
Cherrysims

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2009, 04:07:01 pm »

Yes, I have read about that too. I think its either June or July. EA didn't surprise me.... I knew it couldnt possibly be that great. Undecided
twinklelilstar

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2009, 08:37:42 pm »

It looks like the UK/Canada release is June 5th. I am now scheduling that day and the next three off.

Haha lol, very nice.

"You said forever, who knew forever was so short?"

Anju's story
Sim Pictures!

maniac19642003
« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2009, 08:51:11 pm »

I posted this in another thread but felt like putting it here now as well:

The new release date for The Sims 3 is June 2. This was posted at the official Sims 3 site here: http://thesims3.ea.com/view/pages/newsItem.jsp?item=1183392783
To 'celebrate' this news, EA released 3 new screen shots, a new movie and the box shot. Check the movie here: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/45068.html?r=1&type=wmv

Feisty32
« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2009, 10:55:12 pm »

i feel really bad for those who pre ordered it and has been excited for it i mean come on why do they shoot themselves in the foot like this i mean don't they know there's gonna be alot of pissed off fans who pre ordered it? Grin

wtf? those pics of the ts3 they all seem to run together you can't tell which from which they all have the same faces and noses. thank god i did not pre order it.

way to go EA way to go they are truly the biggest jackasses. rolleyes

i hope all my fellow simmers have alot of fun with it. Grin
« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 11:05:54 pm by Feisty32 » Logged
simpleprincess
Princess in training.

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2009, 03:33:19 am »

Its the eyes and the cheeks that are horrible. Although that sim in the purple dress eyes are not too bad but they are the same shape etc.. as the others. I cant wait to see if some very talented creators can change all that!!. If they dont add another neighbourhood or somewhere else, i can see myself getting very bored quickly once the intial novelty has worn off.
Dec12741

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2009, 10:02:39 am »

If you guys want to hear something strange the Guide for Sims 3 is Coming out February 20
Lerf

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2009, 01:11:50 pm »

Unfortunately the eye thing is one of the things that can't be changed in the game.   Kate mentions it in her review at Parsimonious, which really depresses me.  No elf ears, either.  Cry
billyd1000

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2009, 02:02:39 pm »

It is almost comical reading this thread. Why would EAxis do any thing on time? Why would they do anything to benefit the player's? There really is no need! Why just this thread alone will spark an aggressive feeding frenzy once the game releases. I have every The Sims ep. I have all of The Sims 2 ep's and all sp's except for IKEA and M&G's. I for one don't care when it releases. There is no way I will get caught up in the new EP every 6 mos. routine.UNLESS......it is an amazing game beyond anything the sims 2 ever provided. Not likely, but possible. So please...Everyone buy the Sims 3 and write a review on it. Then I will decide wether or not to buy it, say by June of 2010 . Grin Please don't think I am being harsh, I do love my Sims. But what I have seen and read of version 3 has left me quite unsure about the quality and time  value of the game.

Burn the midnight oil, it will be daylight soon....
Feisty32
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2009, 02:40:40 am »

It is almost comical reading this thread. Why would EAxis do any thing on time? Why would they do anything to benefit the player's? There really is no need! Why just this thread alone will spark an aggressive feeding frenzy once the game releases. I have every The Sims ep. I have all of The Sims 2 ep's and all sp's except for IKEA and M&G's. I for one don't care when it releases. There is no way I will get caught up in the new EP every 6 mos. routine.UNLESS......it is an amazing game beyond anything the sims 2 ever provided. Not likely, but possible. So please...Everyone buy the Sims 3 and write a review on it. Then I will decide wether or not to buy it, say by June of 2010 . Grin Please don't think I am being harsh, I do love my Sims. But what I have seen and read of version 3 has left me quite unsure about the quality and time  value of the game.

no way will i buy that game
lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2009, 10:08:17 am »

I can have interest in the game, once the modding community tear it apart and put some modding program together. Maybe we can have some lovely CC for this game. Other than that, no interest. No flat-foreheaded sim kiddies for me.  Nono2

I like some of the new animations and interactions, just can't stand the skins and hair.  I don't like that if someone makes a great texture then it can't be shared. I don't want EA pigeon-holed the game and the sharing community. That is what makes The Sims 2 community so great and the game successful. Plus I can't put nothing together artistically, so I need the community. Smiley

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
weth1995

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2009, 12:41:57 pm »

I was TICKED! I ordered from amazon (not knowing that they changed the release date) and i found that out so i just canceled. I was soo mad! But I guess they just need to work out the bugs or something and they dont want this game to be a mess up because this is the biggest thing they have released for their company! I am still mad!  Cry

Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, "Lord, how many times shall i forgive my brother when he sins against me? Up to seven times? Jesus answered, "I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times."
MysticMoon

~Goddess of the Moon~

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2009, 09:23:24 pm »

I pre-ordered the collector's edition on January 30th 2009 from eagames site. A few days later found out the release was delayed to June 2009 huh.
I was upset angry as I had just tied up a good chunk of money that could be used for other things instead of tied up for 4/5 months with no product in my hand.

So I contacted them to cancel my pre-order & inquired about the sudden & late change in release date - pointing out my invoice even stated the ship date would be February 20th 2009 when I pre-ordered it.

Anyhow, my rambling here is to paste the response I received from them about that.

02/04/2009 11:32 AM
[..stuff about confirming they canceled my pre-order ...]
Also, I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you so far. We would like to inform you that as of now, there is no official release date for The Sims 3. The game is currently being sold as a pre-order and is not available for shipping. Actual release dates cannot be given out as the game is still in production. Once the game will release, it will be shipped to all the pre-ordered customers on first come first serve basis.

I hope this information helps. If there is anything else we can help you with please let us know.

So this EA rep claims there had not been an official release then nor before the date of his response since the game is still in production ??  rolleyes

~ Becky (MysticMoon)
loversim

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2009, 09:30:12 pm »

how is that possible when they've put out a countdown and everything? well hey thats wut we thought the first time and they changed it. but why would they keep putting out release dates and all that if its not official yet?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: