Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 03:19:35 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Sim 3 Bodyshapes  (Read 37832 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
dutchessdeonne

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2009, 02:48:15 pm »

Please believe me when I say I feel your pain!!!!!!!!!   ROFL2
kaoz666
J.M. Pescado Supporter

IN-FRAKKIN'-CREDIBLE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2009, 05:11:31 am »

No custom meshes means a bunch of sims with static body shapes with only limited differences between them, especially if it's only two sliders to adjust body types as Pescado said.

I'll pass, thank you.

Casual Dude

Happy suiside.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2009, 12:32:08 pm »

From what i heard, i have a feeling sims 3 isnt going to do well at all  huh

*cough*good*cough*

I deleted my whole damn downloads. Big mistake :@
naturegirl240

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2009, 08:15:46 pm »

Acutually I believe there are three sliders one for the upper body (arms and bust), midsection, and lower body (Hips and below). I am not completely sure. There probably is another for muscular tone
Jade

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2009, 01:00:50 am »

For me the sims is not a game for making as barbie looking sims as possible so i don´t mind if there´s not going to be breast slider but i understand why some people want them. There are hundreds of diffrend kind of body types in world and it would be cool if there were more sliders.
PageCaek

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2009, 01:56:50 pm »

On the one hand? I do want more body sliders and such so I can fine-tune my Sims' bodies. On the other hand I suppose I'm just glad they actually put in a body slider at all instead of just having "skinny" and "slightly less skinny" options for the females and "skinny" and "skinny with belly" for the males at basegame.
kaoz666
J.M. Pescado Supporter

IN-FRAKKIN'-CREDIBLE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2009, 02:30:03 pm »

Let's face it. No two people are built the same. No two fat people have the same proportions. No two musclemen have the same sized mass. Having varied bodyshapes is essential to the realism of a game like The Sims. With the ability to import your own meshes on TS2, this allowed for such creators as Warlokk, Marvine & BeosBoxBoy, Netra and so many others to come up with the bodyshapes we all know and love. But in TS3, even with whatever body sliders they're going to implement, the body types will still be static at best. Yea, you'll be able to make a fat sim, but he/she will still be based on the Maxis template. There won't be any custom bodyshapes, only what Maxis allows. That woefully limits the game IMO. I've just started playing around with meshing for my own purposes on TS2, and it would have been nice to carry that over into TS3. But you can't. If there are more then two sliders, then maybe...just maybe there might be hope. But from what I here across the many forums I go to, Two sliders seems to be what everyone confirms, which sucks ass. And day by day TS3 looks even less and less appealing to me. But as I've said before, if you're just a casual gamer, or someone who hasn't logged in that much time in TS2, go ahead and get TS3. It's not a "bad" game, it just doesn't offer enough bang for my buck personally to warrant me plunking down $50 for it, especially since I'd be starting over. And I'm not in the least bit even close to being bored with TS2 yet. Maybe come 2011 when there's a few EPs on the market and more gameplay options available I'll get it, but as of now...that's not happening.

roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2009, 09:10:45 pm »

One must remember that it took nearly two years to unravel sims 2 and start realy modding the game. The remeshing and retexturing of clothes and hair was accomplished relatively quickly but I suspect that there will be no comparison time-wise between the sims 2 and 3 in relation to actually modding the game and reconstructing the sims characters body-wise into some decent or even comparable to what we are used to in the sims 2.
It would appear that EA have gone out of their way to make the above near on impossible and if finaly achieved very questionable if it can even be installed.
I mention the installation of CC. because of EAs desire to cash in on the CC. distribution and their stance on creators copyright. The only way I see that can be controlled is via a third party installation program/programs. So we have sims store, download manager, sims point and exchange, all available only by registering the game. VIP. indeed.
If CC. can be as easily installed in sims 3 as in sims 2 then what is the point of the above?
We could just have a sims 3 version of the booty. Some how I don't think so, I think the good times are coming to an end.
Any thoughts on that?
kaoz666
J.M. Pescado Supporter

IN-FRAKKIN'-CREDIBLE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2009, 09:52:34 pm »

The good times will roll on, just on The Sims 2. As I and plenty of people have said, CC will still be created for TS2 LOOOOOOOOOOONG after TS3 comes out. Years even. TS2 just has more replay value. I'll take that over having to pay for CC anyday.

roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2009, 01:31:36 am »

I really hope so Kaoz666. It took several years to get this game to where it is now and I love it, I really don't have the patience to start all over.My sims now actually look human some of the bodys are freakishly realistic and the animations developed by the brilliant likes of Hunter and Jokerswild that took many years to mature really top the game of.
Just how long it is going to take someone with the skill and patience to transform those ugly caricatures in sims 3 into something resembling the beauties in sims 2 is anyone's guess.
Mickey57

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2009, 05:09:36 pm »

I am still waiting to see what happens. I am inclined to agree, if I can't have the variety and choice of custom content that I have with sims 2, I would just as soon not guy the new game.  But I also remember when sims 2 came out, there was lots of talk about not being able to customize and most of the creators got right past ea games ways of stopping things.  So, I will wait and see, if the creative community can bypass ea games stuff, cool, if not, let ea games lose out because I know too many people who would rather play with variety than with a game they can't control as much. 

:worship:Big Daddy still got it goin' on!:worship:
kaoz666
J.M. Pescado Supporter

IN-FRAKKIN'-CREDIBLE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2009, 06:29:18 pm »

You point is a valid one Mickey as far as how things went when TS2 being somewhat similar to the impending release of TS3. But the biggest difference is that with TS2, EA embraced the modding community. They left the software for the most part open ended, so that the tech savy users could import new meshes, and use the coding of the game to come up with such things as Simpose2 and of course SimPE. Not the case with TS3. EAxis is pretty much saying screw you to the modding community because they basically made the game better then they did. Hence forth the inability to import custom meshes in TS3, as well as the CC issue. In a nutshell, they're playing big brother to the game in ever possible way. They want TS3 to be played how they want it to be played, and have done everything in their technical power to ensure that the only people who can import, export or alter any coding on the game are people on the EAxis payroll. And why have they gone to these great lengths? Because...

A. They want to avoid the game being pirated at any...and I do mean ANY cost. Even if it means compromising the relationship they have with longtime users.

B. They want to ensure none of the more "racey" content that was made by the community on TS2 doesn't ever happen on TS3. Hence it keeps the game "Family Friendly". And when it's family friendly, they can whore the game out to the impressionable Tweens Who won't even devote much time to the game. More money in EA's pocket.

Just look at the way the models look on the game. They look frakkin' cartoony and unrealistic. A right minded person would look at it as many of us have and say "WTF is the crap?" But a 14 year old will see it and be like "That looks cool." They're trying to draw in a young audience. The 14-18 year olds who think nothing of dropping $50 on something that essentially end up collecting dust. And to the ones that keep on playing, they'll keep on pumping out cute, family oriented CC. But those of us who like a more realistic looking game with realistic looking characters, more adult themed fashions, objects and features...we're pretty much S.O.L. as far as TS3 goes.

roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2009, 02:56:01 am »

I wonder just how many teens really could be bothered to spend their precious time playing the game, and is all this teen thing could just be wishful thinking by EA. and I wonder just what the ratio is for teen and adult in playing the game.
This teen thing has always puzzled me because all the teens I know have far to many other distractions I really don't know of many that sit down and play computer games.
PageCaek

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2009, 03:36:14 pm »

I wonder just how many teens really could be bothered to spend their precious time playing the game, and is all this teen thing could just be wishful thinking by EA. and I wonder just what the ratio is for teen and adult in playing the game.
This teen thing has always puzzled me because all the teens I know have far to many other distractions I really don't know of many that sit down and play computer games.

I've been playing The Sims since I got the first one was like ten. And most of the other teenagers I know play The Sims 2 currently or at least have played it. So... I'd say a lot of them play it. Yeah.
Magicflute

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2009, 04:31:52 pm »

I've been playing The Sims since I got the first one was like ten. And most of the other teenagers I know play The Sims 2 currently or at least have played it. So... I'd say a lot of them play it. Yeah.

Definitely. I started playing it when I was a teen, I just happen to not be one anymore!  Grin

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: