Insimenator.org
April 20, 2024, 11:29:10 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Sim 3 Bodyshapes  (Read 37841 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
emoarian19

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 11, 2009, 01:53:37 am »

I will just play between vanilla 3 and built up 2 until people EVENTUALLY get thru the code. Have faith in the sims modders.... It may take some time but I thihnk it will be worth it.
If you dont wanna buy it untill then, thats your thing. I however will be getting it on release day.

I totally agree with you. I'm still gonna call days off work to play it. Im 23 btw and ive playing since ts1 came out( i was 16 or 17). I just had an epiphany! It makes since to me now why EA didnt allowed teens to get pregnant in ts2. Because they wanted teens to play and if they allowed their teens to get pregnant, that gives parents one more person to blame why they cant control their kids when they find out Billy over here knocked up his girlfriend. lol (sorry if there is a billy who really did knock up his girlfriend) Cheesy
roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 11, 2009, 02:53:39 am »

I'm trying to get out of this. This is way of track but needs a response. Amberfeye teens have been doing this for as long as teens have been teens, IT'S not games or movies etc. that encourage that kind of behaviour amongst teens. You have been around 23 years, there a lot in this community that have been around twice as long or more, myself included, and I can tell you we all heard the same claptrap when we were teens, We all messed around, we all heard the terms, juvenile delinquents, out of control, no respect for their elders, and so on. The more we were forced to conform the more we rebelled, it had absolutely nothing to do with games and such, it was just being a teen.
People must stop blaming the media for something that's been going on for thousands of years. It's called puberty dammit.

Magicflute

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 11, 2009, 04:05:37 pm »

^True. And that's why they can't put it in the game. If it looks like they support it, parents will throw a hissy fit. Hence the reason (in my opinion) that they go for the more conservative route in a lot of aspects of the game (body sliders, detailed skins, etc). It's all about making money and they'll get more parents on board if it's a "clean" game. That's what I think, at least. Kinda sucks, but what can ya do?  Undecided

emoarian19

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 11, 2009, 05:31:11 pm »

Amberfeye teens have been doing this for as long as teens have been teens, IT'S not games or movies etc. that encourage that kind of behaviour amongst teens. You have been around 23 years, there a lot in this community that have been around twice as long or more, myself included, and I can tell you we all heard the same claptrap when we were teens, We all messed around, we all heard the terms, juvenile delinquents, out of control, no respect for their elders, and so on. The more we were forced to conform the more we rebelled, it had absolutely nothing to do with games and such, it was just being a teen.
People must stop blaming the media for something that's been going on for thousands of years. It's called puberty dammit.
I know that! If you read correctly, I said that it would give more reasons for parents to blame their bad parenting skills on someone else! Im not blaming The Sims or anybody for other people's mistakes. Parents try to find reasons to say that their kids are innocent and they were influenced by the things they watch or listen to or even play. They dont want to admit that they were not paying enough attention to their kids. I am not amberfaye btw, I was responding to his/her comment. And I have been around long enough to know that before you respond to a message make sure you have read and understood it.
roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 11, 2009, 06:50:02 pm »

My apologies there emorian, it's just this teen morality promotion thing that gets me somewhat hot under the collar. I still remember when music and literature were the ist. scapegoats, then television,now games. 'oops I forgot movies'
In my opinion if you want teen morality, you have a total lock down like they have in Islamic societies.
Perhaps even removing anything even remotely suggestive from the media and entertainment, make the lot squeaky clean, all games about as raunchy as Mario Bros.
All this is just paying lip service to those who choose to be blind the realities of the real world.To turn the sims into something resembling Walt Disney is not going to make an iota of difference.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 07:58:35 pm by roerzman » Logged
amberfaye

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: May 11, 2009, 06:59:14 pm »

Um.. yeah, I was gonna say Amberfaye didnt say anything about teens LOL

However...
to quote... "I was a hardcore TS2 gamer but even with all the CC and stuff it started losing some its luster because I couldn't personalize their personalities and such."

ditto. Smiley

emoarian19

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 11, 2009, 07:34:31 pm »

My apologies there emorian, it's just this teen morality promotion thing that gets me somewhat hot under the collar.

I hear ya, Im the same way. I am a parent of a 2 1/2year old and there is no way im raising her how these other yahoos with kids do.
Zggs
T.M. Riddle supporter

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 12, 2009, 12:04:38 am »

I always did hate how parents blamed the media for the child's faults.  My mom let me watch the gory stuff, listen to things that parents wouldn't let their kids here, and lots of other things.  My mom knew I would hear most of that stuff anyway at school and such.  You can't always protect your kids.

*Ahem*
Yes I'm obsessed with Harry Potter.
No I don't care what you think.
Jade

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 12, 2009, 07:35:42 am »

The truth about teenagers and kids is that they are still children. They are not adults and some boundaries are necessary, that´s what separates adults from kids. I think it´s good that there are not sliders for breast and hips in the basic game. Maybe it would be possible for expansion with higher age recommendation but still, i dont think EA is goint to do it. I would be really surprised if there were breast and hips sliders.
roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 12, 2009, 08:50:01 am »

I think they should include a teen role model in the game (nah I'm not serious, just feeling playful) Britney Spears perhaps, and include a story line, How to ruin your career in three easy moves.
1 Wait till you're at the peak of your career and them marry a total looser
2 Have a couple of kids with him and then hit the bottle and get a divorce.
3 Forget to wear underwear with your micro mini.
Then they could call it a teen game.
This will probably end up in the rubbish where it belongs, but heck, I needed a laugh today.
Magicflute

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 12, 2009, 08:59:15 am »

I would be really surprised if there were breast and hips sliders.

Yeah, I would be really surprised too. I'm may be in the minority, but I'm kind of ok with not having sliders for those. I am a little bummed that CC may be difficult, but I'm going to to just try and revamp how I play, focus more on the stories than having the most gorgeous sims ever. I'll just make the best of what they give us, I suppose. I'm ready for a change.

I think they should include a teen role model in the game (nah I'm not serious, just feeling playful) Britney Spears perhaps, and include a story line, How to ruin your career in three easy moves.
1 Wait till you're at the peak of your career and them marry a total looser
2 Have a couple of kids with him and then hit the bottle and get a divorce.
3 Forget to wear underwear with your micro mini.
Then they could call it a teen game.
This will probably end up in the rubbish where it belongs, but heck, I needed a laugh today.

Lol. Oh, Britney. She started out well but then things just went so terribly wrong ...  rolleyes

roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 13, 2009, 12:22:33 am »

Perhaps the Japanese version might include those Japanese idol models, you know, the ones that pose in very scanty lingerie pretending to be super innocent.
They're supposed to be teen role models that's why they're forbidden to show anything. That's just gonna mean that EA. are going to have to include sexy lingerie.
Yea yea I know. I'm still being sarcastic. Wink
ma.

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 13, 2009, 09:06:17 am »

Perhaps the Japanese version might include those Japanese idol models, you know, the ones that pose in very scanty lingerie pretending to be super innocent.
They're supposed to be teen role models that's why they're forbidden to show anything. That's just gonna mean that EA. are going to have to include sexy lingerie.
Yea yea I know. I'm still being sarcastic. Wink

I could totally see that in the Japanese version. >.>,,,

roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 13, 2009, 05:09:30 pm »

If they choose to accommodate the Japanese then they will have to tweak the body slider. (Check the pictures on the net)
Yep, still being sarcastic.
Nalia
イノセンスはつどう

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 13, 2009, 05:51:50 pm »

The Japanese society might be a little harsh regarding hierarchy and specific roles, or have their little prejudices and keep an upper stiff lip when compare themselves with other East Asian countries but they are not hypocritical puritants. I'm sure they would have no problem with allowing breast size-change sliders.  Grin

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
-- William Shakespeare, "Hamlet" (Act 2, scene 2)
"Yes, Sharing is caring, especially caring for the person you're sharing."  -- AxelVal
I said I Love Yuu not you --Nalia
My LiveJournal
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  

Jump to: