Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 10:56:06 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Object Error  (Read 8182 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
mickeym_69

View Profile
« on: January 30, 2009, 03:39:39 pm »

Cry   I know I have to be the 1,000,001th person to ask for help with this problem. I've become a professional dowloader.... not so much a problem solver. If someone could translate this "object error" for me, I sure would appreciate it alot! If one isn't enough.... I have a thousand others. The error doesn't pop up when I interact with objects, but with other sims. If I could just pull the problem out of the folder then I can save myself a re-install. Here is one of the object errors. Oh yeah...my games are: Original, University, Nightlife, Open For Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage and Free Time... and then there the stuff packs.... Family Fun, H&M and Teen Style Stuff. Any help I can get will be appreciated. Thanks in advance!!!! mickeym_69     ( file to be put in the reply after this post, cause it won't all fit)
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009, 03:42:12 pm »

Upload the file as an attachment please, rather than pasting the whole text into a post.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
mickeym_69

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2009, 03:49:27 pm »

I'm an upload "virgin". sorry! Tell me how...and i will listen! Do you need the Custom Content Log or the Error Log or both?
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2009, 04:00:27 pm »

Just the error log would be fine.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2009, 04:03:17 pm »

To upload an attachment, when you're typing your post, click "Addtional Options" on the bottom left, just under the text box. You'll see in there the option to attach a file. Click browse, find the file on your computer, and hit 'post'.

mickeym_69

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2009, 04:06:13 pm »

Got it!!!! Thanks for the quick reply by the way!

* ObjectError_N001_t1023298.txt (123.64 KB - downloaded 119 times.)
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2009, 04:13:32 pm »

Okay, I looked at your error log and got the impression that several things were happening at the same time when the error was thrown. With a bit more information, we could help figure out exactly what the real problem was.

1. Who was Sharla and what was she doing when the error was thrown?

When I asked about this, I was wondering if she was a playable Sim, a townie or an NPC (like a nanny for example).

2. Do you have the following:

1. Custom Fridges
2. Custom Windows
3. Mods modifying the Influence interactions or autonomous behavior associated with windows and fridges?

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
mickeym_69

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2009, 04:26:44 pm »

The-3000-Edition-Refrigerator and the Independent Expressions Set.... all from Mod The Sims. But it's not just this house, it's every house I go into. Most don't have the fridge or windows. And Sharla is one of the original "Ottomas" clan, with custom hair makeup & clothes, etc.,
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2009, 04:29:57 pm »

Okay, try removing the fridge first from the game and have Sharla do exactly what she did before the error was thrown to see if the fridge is the problem. If the problem went away after the fridge is removed from the game, then you know. Smiley

Also, if you know where the fridge and windows are located at MTS2, I would like to take a look at them.

Dancing Squirrels
mickeym_69

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2009, 04:42:48 pm »

The Doors and Windows are on page 7 of Buy Mode/Doors & Windows and the Fridge is part of a set called "3000 Edition Kitchen Set". If you type 3000 in the search box it will come up. I think it is on page 1 of the kitchen section.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2009, 04:51:32 pm »

I looked at the "3000" kitchen set on MTS2.

Try removing the fridge to see if the problem is resolved.

Dancing Squirrels
mickeym_69

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2009, 05:38:12 pm »

Cry Okay... here's the deal. I pulled the 3000 Editon Fridge package out of the downloads folder, started the game, went in the house. The custom fridge was gone and replaced by the maxis stainless steel. I had Sharla call over David.... his pie menu pops up followed by the "dreaded"....Error Box! When I click reset, the box goes away and his pie menu is still available and ready for use. A second interaction just repeats the process. Then I switched over to David and tried from his angle and got the same from him. Here are the files. That kitchen set had counters & small kitchen appliances that came with it. Should I gets those out also? Thanks again soooo much for your time & help!

* ObjectError_N001_t1035178.txt (122.93 KB - downloaded 109 times.)
* ObjectError_N001_t1035790.txt (113.83 KB - downloaded 111 times.)
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2009, 05:41:33 pm »

It's listing both the window and the fridge.

Try taking out the window in question too, and see if that works.

Just on the off-chance...what mods do you have?

Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2009, 05:46:58 pm »

Okay, that would be the next thing to do. Like Joy said, take the window out next and see if the problem goes away. Don't put the fridge back in yet.

Dancing Squirrels
mickeym_69

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2009, 05:49:22 pm »

oh hell.... pick one... any one! You name it, I've probably got it. I was gonna try to organize a bit but wasn't sure what could be sub-foldered and what couldn't, so I left it alone. I'm telling ya it's a mess in there!!!! I have 585MB of downloads. Is that alot....I mean really?
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: