Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 11:17:42 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Toddlers won't walk/crawl - hack problem?  (Read 7014 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« on: January 31, 2009, 12:42:45 pm »

For quite a while now, I've had a problem with toddlers not having the option to walk/crawl anywhere. The option simply don't show up on the pie menu when I click on the ground. I've tried to move out some hacks I thought might be the problem, but I've got quite a lot of hacks and such, so testing them one by one just takes too long - especially since my game is really slow even in "test mode" (aka. only neccessary hacks and downloads, for testing downloads and such).

However - I've heard that some hacks might cause just this problem. There was one teleport hack at least (but I've tried removing those I could find, with no luck). Does anyone else know of any other hacks that might cause this problem? My game is otherwise mostly problem free, so it can't be a huge hack conflict - if there's any at all. I can't really remember when the problem started either.

I've got all EP's and SP's up to FT installed.
I do have both FT insim and inteen in my dl folder, but both of those work fine, with no problems at all. Otherwise, I've got mostly small problem fix hacks, and "annoyance removal" hacks. I've also updated most (maybe even all) of the hacks I've got for FT, and moved out those I knew didn't have updates or wouldn't work with FT.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2009, 12:52:37 pm »

Well, if you have your hacks in a subfolder you can pull it out and check your game without hacks to see if that fixes the problem. Without knowing what you have, it's kind of hard to say what exactly the problem is, so the divide and conquere method might be your best bet. It also wouldn't hurt to run the Hack Conflict Detection Utility from here. (Look under sims 2 > Programs)

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2009, 02:32:19 pm »

The only thing that hack conflict thing managed to find, were BHAV inteen problems, which I think will come up anyway - and a few other BHAV "conflicts" I know it can't be (because the problems started before I got those hacks - and because those hacks are supposed to override those BHAV's). I guess I have to try moving out the hacks, then...

Here's a list of the hacks it can be - the hacks I've kept in my dl folder when in "testing mode" - and since the problem don't go away when I take out the other hacks, it has to be one of these...

* myhacks.jpg (614.46 KB, 577x736 - viewed 590 times.)

My site:

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2009, 02:35:11 pm »

My suggestion would be to start with taking out your mods that affect toddler behavior and go from there.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2009, 03:11:50 pm »

is there any way the walk/crawl action can be tagged as "hunt bugs"? Because that might be what has happened. All the toddlers have the "hunt bugs" but not the "walk/crawl" action in their pie menus. I thought that was just some strange maxis bug (there are a lot of those around...), but maybe it's just a text bug in my game, because when I actually tried clicking it, the toddler did the walk/crawl action... I guess it was me thinking that since toddlers can't hunt bugs, it was just another maxis mistake, and that the action cancelled itself when clicking that action.

at least now I know that none of the hacks above did this to my game (even though I thought that...)

seems the problem solved itself, then... Smiley (but testing once more, just to be sure...)
*feels stupid for not trying that before...*

My site:

Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2009, 03:22:15 pm »

You got an older version of Insimenator installed: 2.8. The current version right now is 2.9 (although it is now unsupported, but still it is the most current version to date). Try taking that one out and see if the problem is resolved.

Even if you have FT, 2.9 will work with FT. Just a matter of some areas being improved upon from what I remembered. Try that if nothing else works in removing the problem hack.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2009, 03:37:20 pm »

well, it actually seemed like it was insim that is the problem... I tried to take out all the other hacks, and there was no change - but now I tried to take out inteen and insim, too - and all of a sudden the "crawl here" came back. The one thing I thought was not the problem actually was the problem...

the 2.8 was the latest FT version, but maybe the 2.9 version will fix the problem. Thanks Smiley

My site:

Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2009, 03:56:19 pm »

Great to hear that. Let us know if that is resolved. Smiley

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2009, 04:28:03 pm »

the new version of insim fixed the problem  Grin
I've not had a single problem with that version - except for this - so no wonder I didn't notice...

thanks to both of you Smiley

My site:

Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2009, 09:29:15 pm »

Got a question. Why do you have two versions of Lot Full of Sims?

I spotted two mods:

Lot Full of Sims
Lot Full of Sims x0177

Dancing Squirrels
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: