Insimenator.org
April 18, 2024, 10:18:04 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Every Family Has Its Secrets  (Read 27957 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2009, 07:56:21 pm »

Hi there Smiley Nice start so far, and I did wonder if you based Bradley on one of your sons. I feel for Victoria though, having to live in that atmosphere - and I can partly relate, with the fighting parents mostly. Dad did get nasty a few times too, but thankfully it wasn't that often.

No requests please
Devomuffins

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2009, 12:34:49 pm »

Touching.
steelguy

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2009, 03:08:26 pm »

Wow, another story!
A little more of a grim topic this time. I think you've captured the mood of this type of family very well, as I found myself getting pretty upset during some of it.
And when Erik smashed the dolls house, I wanted to smack him.  Undecided

I've known at least one family with an autistic child, and he was quite a handful. Fortunately, his personality made the more wild demands a little more bearable.
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2009, 03:14:18 pm »

Sadie - I'm glad it wasn't that often.  It's pretty scary for a kid when his/her parents argue.  Thanks for reading!  Working hard on chapter 2.

Egghugger - thank you!   Grin

steelguy - more grim than BLD?  Cheesy  I didn't think I could do that, lol!  Anyway - glad I got your temper up, that's a good sign - means I'm doing my job. Grin  There will be more to come soon, as I've just been a complete workaholic on these stories lately!  Thank you very much for the compliments!

Visit me on my blog - Astral Faery's Magical Tales
-For some awesome reading try SimTales:  http://simtalesblog.blogspot.com/
-Need high quality downloads?  Shop Sugah's Place.  A wall to suit your every need, plus much more.  Stop in today!
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2009, 07:06:04 pm »

How has Victoria's life changed since she's become a teenager?  You'll have to read Winter's Cold Embrace to find out!

Mature audience only
« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 07:32:22 pm by Astral Faery » Logged

-Need high quality downloads?  Shop Sugah's Place.  A wall to suit your every need, plus much more.  Stop in today!
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2009, 08:02:47 pm »

Oh dear, oh dear. Erik sure has a lot to answer for, huh?

Great update Smiley

No requests please
DemonOfSarila

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2009, 10:32:37 pm »

wow, talk about happy fun times... and by that i mean a family out of control. So has her mom just snapped under the pressure or is there osmething else going on? oh well, i guess we wait for another update to see. well, i liked it and can't wait for the next update Smiley

Crazy and lovin it

Random thought = probably bad idea

Can't type to save me life, so expect me to edit everything.
EDIT: my life. ug.... watch me go.
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2009, 10:41:59 pm »

Thanks, guys!  I'm so happy you liked it! 

Sadie - you bet!  And he just gets worse.

Demon - you'll get an answer to that, eventually.

Thank you for reading!  Grin

Sammmm

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2009, 04:12:09 pm »

Great!  I read both chapters last night, and loved them.  Victoria is GORGEOUS!! Her plight, however, not so pretty.  The way you make Erik so perfectly hatable by everyone shows wonderful talent in you as a writer.  I really want to become a sim just so I can beat the crap out of the guy.  He'd certainly deserve it.  Anyway, SUPERB job so far!  I look forward to more chapters!
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2009, 04:43:58 pm »

Thank you so much!  I'm very happy you like the story.  And I'm thrilled you hate Erik, lol.  You'll hate him even more as time goes on, I promise!

steelguy

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2009, 04:08:49 am »

Now that is one messed up family.  Undecided

I liked the bit in the club - tongue-tied and blurt out the first thing that comes to mind. Been there!  Cheesy I think he took it well, though. At least he tried to follow up on her, so it may not be a total loss. But she still has her family... issues to deal with.
Aralie

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2009, 04:14:17 am »

Great update, Astral! I didn't expect that Victoria would be a teen so soon! Haha.

*Joins the club of Erik haters* I'm still mad that he smashed her dollhouse in the first chapter!  Mad

"Bingle-bongle, dingle-dangle, yickety-doo, yickety-daa, ping-pong, lippy-tappy-too-taa."
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2009, 10:27:35 am »

Thanks, steelguy!  Yes, a very dysfunctional family.  Glad you enjoyed it!

Aralie - LOL - yes that dollhouse smashing was a very monumental occasion in poor Victoria's life.

The first chapter was mainly an introduction to the family, their different personalities, and the struggles they were dealing with.  That's when the family started unraveling.  Most of it will take place from Vic's teens onward.  She'll be a teen for quite awhile, though, so no hard time jumps. Wink  Thanks for reading.

LadyAzmodan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2009, 09:13:33 am »

Wow man, its been ages since i had the time to read any sims stories, so i fell helplessly behind on your other stuff i am afraid.

But this is just damn awesome really... SUPER amazing!

Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2009, 12:30:06 am »

Thank you so much, Lady A!  I'm glad you found the time.  I sooo know what you mean about being far behind in your reading.  I've fallen behind in all of mine, as well.  Sometimes it's hard balancing reading, writing, taking pictures, and home life.  And you always have to follow your muse's lead.  Mine has been clobbering me over the head this week with this story, lol.  I spent nearly the whole day writing - when I wasn't chasing after or feeding a kid, that is!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: