Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 08:06:25 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  
Author Topic: Every Family Has Its Secrets  (Read 27664 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
beckey

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: April 05, 2009, 10:46:43 am »

Hi again Astral, I'm trying to make a story but I keep getting writers block. I tried a legacy first. I used like 150 pictures before they even got their job to the top. Then I tried to make a fantacy like you, but it kind of came out like a replica  rolleyes Grin I know I sound like a total noob an all, but I was wondering how you get your ideas. There all so great, but I can't think of what to write about. I knew you'd be the one to ask because of you excellent ideas, I have just finished reading the first part to the showdown and may I ask, do you make those flashbacks first? or do you make identicals of the family.

This signature is so cool there's no need for any other text!
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: April 05, 2009, 11:17:44 am »

Well, there is really no easy answer to this question.  I don't know where I got my ideas, they sort of just pop in my head.  Between the Light and the Darkness actually took me more than 12 years to write, because I got severe writer's block and couldn't figure out where to take it.  So I put it aside, and worked on other things.  I finally got an idea for it and was able to continue.

You can't force ideas.  And I bet you have more ideas than you give yourself credit for.  I read a lot, watch a lot of movies, and love to write.  But it's not always easy.  Sometimes my muse just isn't there, and no matter how I try to coax her out of hiding, I can't write.

My advice, if you're looking to write a sims story, is play the game.  It sounds too simple, but sims are pretty entertaining, and if you leave them to their own devices (turn on free will and watch them go), you can get some pretty interesting interactions.  You can try to turn that into a story. 

Sometimes I don't know what I'm going to write.  I just sit down at the computer and open myself to ideas.  Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

Here's a page that gives some ideas. Ideas for Writing

Also, practice.  Practice, practice, practice.  Grin

Visit me on my blog - Astral Faery's Magical Tales
-For some awesome reading try SimTales:  http://simtalesblog.blogspot.com/
-Need high quality downloads?  Shop Sugah's Place.  A wall to suit your every need, plus much more.  Stop in today!
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 05, 2009, 07:31:13 pm »

Just to add my own two cents, since I also write:

Well, there is really no easy answer to this question.  I don't know where I got my ideas, they sort of just pop in my head.  Between the Light and the Darkness actually took me more than 12 years to write, because I got severe writer's block and couldn't figure out where to take it.  So I put it aside, and worked on other things.  I finally got an idea for it and was able to continue.

You can't force ideas.  And I bet you have more ideas than you give yourself credit for.  I read a lot, watch a lot of movies, and love to write.  But it's not always easy.  Sometimes my muse just isn't there, and no matter how I try to coax her out of hiding, I can't write.

Movies are a great source of inspiration, I've found. Although they tend to add more ideas to an existing story that I already had ideas for (During the span of Xeno I drew from flicks like American Beauty, even The Hulk to a degree). I certainly agree that you can't force ideas. If you want to write, your best bet is to watch real people or read women's magazines (that's another source I have), get ideas for real situations, then use your imagination to dramatise. Or if you're into fantasy read existing books or watch films.

My advice, if you're looking to write a sims story, is play the game.  It sounds too simple, but sims are pretty entertaining, and if you leave them to their own devices (turn on free will and watch them go), you can get some pretty interesting interactions.  You can try to turn that into a story. 

Ugh, tell me about it! I started playing this legacy spin-off (rainbow challenge) just to get away from my own story, even writing in general 'cause I was suffering burn-out - therefore it began as a standard commentary. That lasted until about half-way through the second gen, before the heir became a character in his own right and developed a true personality, had real feelings, etc. Him and his kids. Now it's narrated from his point of view, with proper dialogue, musings and everything x_x I don't mind too much though, it's going down very well over at LiveJournal Grin

Sometimes I don't know what I'm going to write.  I just sit down at the computer and open myself to ideas.  Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

I tend to be the opposite - I'll get ideas when not at the computer, and start to wish I was in the position to grab a notepad (nine times out of ten I'm not, like walking down the street). Mind you, most of the time I remember what it was by the time I'm ready to write, and then it all just flows Grin

So it all depends on the person really. In answer to the last question, I can't speak for Ari but I'll be willing to bet clones were involved. It's a good idea to keep clones of sims around for just those kind of pictures, especially if it involves dead or younger versions of the characters.

No requests please
beckey

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 06, 2009, 01:38:07 am »

Thanks guys for all the help. No wonder your such good writers!!!!

Great info                        -beckey12

This signature is so cool there's no need for any other text!
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: April 07, 2009, 05:28:45 pm »

Sorry I forgot to answer your other question, Beckey.  I ususally make a family of characters for each set, so there are many clones running around in the neighborhood - child, teen, and adult versions.  And thanks for the compliment, hon.  I appreciate it. Wink

LOOK!!  I finally have chapter 4 posted!  Can you believe it?  It only took me a whole month.

In Spring's Warming Kisses, Victoria manages to escape the tedium of her daily life and go out for some fun.  How will she get along with Shane?

-Need high quality downloads?  Shop Sugah's Place.  A wall to suit your every need, plus much more.  Stop in today!
Zorom

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 09, 2009, 06:54:00 am »

Oh gawd! That evil guy is going to... i don't wanna say! Or maybe Eric is gonna marry her off to him? lol!

But seriously, Vicky is gonna get pregnant isn't she? TELL MEH! Shane or evil dude...forget his name...
Thanks for watching! That Zorom's Prediction of the Month!

Great chapter Astral. Your pics are great as always, I love the scenery!  Grin

Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: April 09, 2009, 12:04:09 pm »

You're cute, hon, but I'm not going to answer.  Grin  I'll try to get my updates done in a more timely fashion so you can find out for yourself.

Thanks so much for reading!  And thanks for the compliments on my pics!

OHHxbby

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 11, 2009, 12:00:50 am »

i loved it Cheesy (as usual)

ohohoh!
can i guess what happens next?
vicky gets offered a job as a receptionist or something for nathan...
then one day she gets raped! and impregnated! :O

that would be horrible... lol
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: April 11, 2009, 10:22:54 am »

2B - Thanks!  So happy you enjoyed it.  Thank you for your compliments on the mall and diner.  I'm not a builder/decorator.  I usually download everything.  But this time I did it myself, and like the way they turned out.  Nathan is indeed suspicious.  And he'll be even more so in the next chapter.  Thanks for reading!

OHH - thank you!  You can guess all you want - and by all means, keep throwing those ideas out there because I love to hear them - but my lips are sealed!  Thanks for reading!

Zorom

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 11, 2009, 11:46:08 am »

She gets raped by Nathan... :O the ****...grrr. And she runs off with Shane.

Stelio Kontos
Resident Reptilian
Loot Looker

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 11, 2009, 12:37:21 pm »

She gets raped by Nathan... :O the ****...grrr. And she runs off with Shane.

This.
LadyAzmodan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: April 18, 2009, 11:32:42 am »

I totally forgot to give fb here. what a super chapter!

Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: April 18, 2009, 11:17:54 pm »

Zorom, RJ - interesting.  Someday I'll get another chapter posted so you can find out if you're right.  Wink

LadyA - thank you!  Glad you liked it.  Grin

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  

Jump to: