Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 07:30:37 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Prom Rants  (Read 9078 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
VaVe

View Profile
« on: February 01, 2009, 03:33:37 pm »

It can't just be me can it?
I mean prom is about four months away, and yet I'm already sick of it.
My friends have completely lost their sanity and dragged my parents with them!

Let me tell you the story:
Before Chirstmas, Best Friend (lets call her J) askes if me and friends A and D want to get ready for prom at her house. A and D agree, but I, (knowing that since I don't like A and D that much and that it will cause lots of annoying arguements) say that I will think about it.
At the start/middle of January we had mock exams, I fell out with J, A and D (cause still unknown) and made alternative plans to go with M and B, I felt this was okay sice i never agreed to go with J, A + D.
The next day i tell J (we are now speaking again) that i don't want to get ready at her house because it will be awkward with A and D. She says that she would rather have me there than them and that she doesnt want to go to prom if we dont all go together (guilt trip).
The day after...
in form time J says to D that even though A says she is no longer going to J's house to get ready D can still come. J says that I agreed to go and promise to be nice to her. (how eveil is she!!)
Trapped, I resign myself to going to J's house first and though if we make it fun it could be okay somehow.

I started looking into transport since no one else was bothering to get any details. The most I knew was that J and A (who was now coming again) wanted a nii-nor (fire truck). since some other people were doing this i looked into other funny things and came up with a scooby doo van.
J, D and Me loved the idea, but apparently since A didn't like it (with no reasoning or alternatives) we, aka I, had to find something else.

1 week of being forced to look at dresses passes...

today.
A contacts me and asks how we are getting to prom.
I say i dunno and she asks if we can go in the scooby doo van and how much it would cost
I say since you said you didnt want to go i didn't really look for many details and that she would need to give me some time.     5mins later
D contacts me and says are we going in the van and how much is it
So rationally A has told D that I am aranging the van, J has no idea yet and im already sick of the whole thing.

Anyone else having this sort of trouble yet?
heartless

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2009, 08:52:25 pm »

I never even got to have a prom, since I was homeschooled and then took college courses in high school.  Sad I always wanted to have some excuse to wear a fancy dress though.
discowhipped

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2009, 01:05:27 am »

Aw, heartless, poor you! There's always birthdays - you can make all your guests where fancy dress!

Ok, that's annoying! I go to a girls school so you can imagine the drama involved, and I can relate to you. I am definitely going this year since it's my last year at high school. And the style is for everyone to get a fake tan and look completely orange, despite it being Winter in June (when the ball is) which is stupid! Who wants to look like an oompa loompa I ask you?

Also, is it so bad to go without a date? I don't have a boyfriend, and I don't want to go with some random. Being in a girls school presents these kind of problems! Wink

"It's not everyday that you discover you're trapped in a pixel world."
Suddenly Simmerised - Read it!
Previously known as: Squirt
SenkoTwiik
Carnival Freakshow

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2009, 03:55:39 am »

Man, proms bug, huh?
I hated my prom. It was boring, and my best friend was feeling low because her boyfriend left her like a day before prom. So she starts crying and I feel bad for even asking her to come. So I tried to have fun but it didn't work. So this is odd, but since we have a history together, we end up making out with each other pretty much in front of everyone. I wasn't trying to draw attention, I just really wanted to make her happy again. She was crying and I felt so bad about her. That was really the only way I thought I could help. It ended up making her smile. So prom was gay but happy at the end.

Let He who is without sin...kick the first arse.

My Girls: http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,108744.0.html
My site: http://voodoonightmares.freeforums.org/
StupidFriday

Glam As You

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2009, 05:45:40 am »

I didnt go to prom...I went to the afterparty though.

phishfood1301
The Shrink

I will shoot!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2009, 07:16:51 am »

I went to prom. It sucked for two main reasons. I was new at the school and it turns out there was a "theme". Las Vegas. It was poker and blackjack in the coners of the gym, (yes it was held in a gym) and dancing in the front of the gym. I ended up dancing with some girl's boyfriend she got mad and umm.... yeah. Prom sucked.   

soulofthesea
Composer/Sound Engineer in Training

Axe 'em Jacks!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2009, 02:27:15 pm »

Aw, heartless, poor you! There's always birthdays - you can make all your guests where fancy dress!

Ok, that's annoying! I go to a girls school so you can imagine the drama involved, and I can relate to you. I am definitely going this year since it's my last year at high school. And the style is for everyone to get a fake tan and look completely orange, despite it being Winter in June (when the ball is) which is stupid! Who wants to look like an oompa loompa I ask you?

Also, is it so bad to go without a date? I don't have a boyfriend, and I don't want to go with some random. Being in a girls school presents these kind of problems! Wink

you don't have to have a boyfriend or some random guy date in order to go to prom. if all else fails, see if you can gather a group of single friends and go, that way you can still enjoy prom and not feel guilty about going alone! Wink and besides, most of my senior band friends always go together on in groups on prom night and they still have fun, with or without dates! prom advice from a guy? wow, i've seen too waaaay many eighties teen movies....

What goes on in the Band Room either stays in the Band Room, or goes on Youtube!

I am here
PinkSword

hiyaaa.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2009, 04:41:30 pm »

I wish we had prom here in holland..
We do have a christmas gala. where everyone dresses nice. but you dont have to bring a date. and mostly everyone is drunk..

yeah you can drink alchohol when 16 here.

then i hear your soul , touches me the right way
simmerz

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2009, 10:45:24 am »

I've been to a few proms. I am embarrassed to admit that I had been looking at dresses since I was 13 yet it still took about 6 months to ultimately find one. You should definitely get out early looking for dresses though especially if you are really tiny. The alterations took two weeks for mine.

As for the pre-prom, a similar situation happened last year.  I had just gotten over a huge fight with one of my best friends unfortunately the other three were still not speaking to me. I ended up just having my family over and taking pictures with them and my boyfriend because it was just way too hectic to go to my friends house. It was much more special for me I think. Smiley

Oh man, the same thing happened with my transportation. I so wanted a limo and my friends were all planning to put money together and get one. Ugh, they never got their act together and by the time they let me know, it was too late and all my other friends had filled up their limo. I was heartbroken and I regret it. My boyfriend ended up driving though and it was okay in the end. Haha, I got to handle the music!
SavannahStar

pretty lights

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2010, 07:01:58 pm »

Well I have never been to prom cause of the way of schooling has been... Cry
I'm homeschool.

But I don't want to go among mad people," said Alice. "Oh, you can't help that," said the cat. "We're all mad here.
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2010, 07:29:40 pm »

Why did you reply to a year dead topic? NECROMANCY IS BAD, M'KAY?!?!

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: