Insimenator.org
April 27, 2024, 12:48:26 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sims 2 Corrupts My Driver? :-/  (Read 926 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
JaCalsGal

View Profile WWW
« on: February 01, 2009, 11:27:38 pm »

This has been going on for a while, I don't even know if it's possible that the game can corrupt my drivers, so here goes the story.  Before I got this pc (hubby built me this one about a yr ago or so) I noticed the same issues so we thought it was the pc's fault and I got a whole new one (yaaay!).  After I play the Sims, images on any websites I visit will be distorted or the color faded.  Video, also, chooses to either not play at all or will only partially load.  This is IF I can get past Firefox's "Message Authentication Code" error or "Content Encoding Error".  If I get that, I have to just keep reloading the page until it's workable.  Sometimes that works or sometimes all the text will be either jumbles or I'll see some sort of code sprinkled about the page or the page will only partially load.

So I contact EA and they say, basically, "The Sims 2 will not corrupt your graphics card."..... OK then!  It only happens after I start up and play the game.  I never have any in game issues though.  No problem with the graphics at all!  So EA says it's not them and to go to NVIDIA for help.  I do and the guy tells me:

"Hello Amanda, go to WWW.NVIDIA.COM download and install the updated drivers. When installing the drivers make sure you do not have any anti-virus programs running. Make sure before you install the latest video card drivers you uninstall the old one. To remove the old drivers you right click my computer, manage, and then go into device manager. Click on the + sign next to display adapters, right click on the Geforce card and choose uninstall. Do not restart the computer yet, instead go into your C drive and if you see a NVIDIA folder right click on it and delete it (make sure you empty the recycle bin). Now restart the computer and install the latest drivers. If still having issues boot into you BIOS (setup utility) usually it is F1, F2, or delete and make sure the primary video adapter or initial display first is set to PCI-E."

So of course, I follow this to the exact, but alas Sad  I am still having this issue.  I uninstalled and reinstalled and have NO custom content of any sort at the moment, thinking that maybe that could be the issue.  Maybe it was custom hair or something because I didn't have many mods except Inteen (which was updated to Free Time and I removed after I got AL) an maybe 2-3 others.  I ran a Hack Conflict scan and it came back A-OK!  But, tonight, I just reinstalled everything minus anything other than the games.

Same issue no matter what.  Now, all this time, being the simmy addict that I am, I would simply play anyway and afterward I'd reinstall my drivers and that would be fine... of course until the next time I played.  It was just a tedious cycle and I know there just HAS to be an answer (well at least I'm hoping lol)  Any ideas at all?  I apologize for the length of the post, just wanted to make sure I didn't leave anything out.

Here are my specs:

-Windows XP Home Edition Version 2002 Service Pack 3
-Intel(R) Celeron(R) D CPU 3.33GHz
2.0GB RAM
-Graphics Card: NVIDIA e-GEFORCE 9600GT (512 MB DDR3, PCI-E 1.0/2.0, DX10
-MSI mainboard

-DirectX diagnostic says it found no problems there as well. All features (Direct Draw Accel, Direct 3D Accel, and AGP Texture Acceleration) are enabled if that means anything lol

Any help is GREATLY appreciated!!!

*attached image removed*
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 11:33:30 am by caffeinated.joy » Logged

I'm a simple but, complex kind of gal:blob5:
 Lunabear, mama and daddy love you so much!! Rest In Peace Love
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: