Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 05:45:26 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11
  Print  
Author Topic: Official GBLT Thread  (Read 69738 times)
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic.
Dmcclure1

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2009, 09:21:29 am »

10 Reasons Why Gay Marriage is Wrong

1: Being gay is not natural. Real Americans always reject unnatural things like eyeglasses, polyester, and air conditioning.

2: Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.

3: Gay marriage will change the foundation of society; we could never adapt to new social norms. Just like we haven't adapted to cars, the service-sector economy, or longer life spans.

4: Straight marriage has been around a long time and hasn't changed at all; women are still property, blacks still can't marry whites, and divorce is still illegal.

5: Straight marriage will be less meaningful if gay marriage were allowed; the sanctity of Brittany Spears' 55-hour just-for-fun marriage would be destroyed.

6: Straight marriages are valid because they produce children. Gay couples, infertile couples, and old people shouldn't be allowed to marry because our orphanages aren't full yet, and the world needs more children.

7: Obviously gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.

8: Gay marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. That's why we have only one religion in America.

9: Children can never succeed without a male and a female role model at home. That's why we as a society expressly forbid single parents to raise children.

10: Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.

rockChick

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2009, 09:42:45 am »

I disagree with you Dmcclure1. I have seen gay people who are happy the way they are and I know 1 gay person and I think he's cool. There is nothing wrong with a gay couple having children. Gay people should be allowed to wed because they are a person just like you and me. They have the right to be happy and no one can take that right away from them. I support gay people, and if you don't like it, well then that's your problem.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2009, 10:48:35 am »

Dmcclure1 was being sarcastic rockChick. Smiley This has been floating around the internet for a while as a tongue-in-cheek response to the reasons people give why Gay Marriage is wrong. Sarcastic irony is my cup of tea.   

1)Being gay is not natural. Real Americans always reject unnatural things like eyeglasses, polyester, and air conditioning

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Dmcclure1

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 13, 2009, 03:26:41 pm »

I disagree with you Dmcclure1. I have seen gay people who are happy the way they are and I know 1 gay person and I think he's cool. There is nothing wrong with a gay couple having children. Gay people should be allowed to wed because they are a person just like you and me. They have the right to be happy and no one can take that right away from them. I support gay people, and if you don't like it, well then that's your problem.
lol, im gay, just being sarcastic. my friend sent me that in an email.

SenkoTwiik
Carnival Freakshow

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2009, 11:12:44 am »

I love that little list, Dugg. It makes me laugh at how horribly, depressingly stupid some people are. It just doesn't make sense that straight people are allowed to VOTE on whether gay people can/can't get married. Why is this such an issue? It's not hurting anyone and it has NOTHING to do with them, nothing at all. So what if a few churches don't get to boss the world around? It's not their place...

Except Lutherans. They have recently allowed openly-gay (non-celibate) members as well as clergy to attend their churches. Go Lutherans! At least somebody is breaking the chain of archaic, hurtful ideals.

Let He who is without sin...kick the first arse.

My Girls: http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,108744.0.html
My site: http://voodoonightmares.freeforums.org/
soulofthesea
Composer/Sound Engineer in Training

Axe 'em Jacks!

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2009, 08:46:28 pm »

not just the Lutherans, Jamie. my mom's friend's chruch does a lot of stuff with the gays, more specifically, AIDS research. and they're a Methodist church, too!

What goes on in the Band Room either stays in the Band Room, or goes on Youtube!

I am here
SenkoTwiik
Carnival Freakshow

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2009, 11:02:08 pm »

Really? Right on Methodists! That's pretty cool that gays don't have to just go to strictly gay churches to be able to worship and be treated fairly anymore. I'm glad things are changing, it's for the better.

It's actually really Mormons that are being total sticks in the mud about it (or so I have read in the news). I'm thinking, "Come on. Get with the times. Everyone's a little gay sometimes. Their money is just as green, and their knees can hit the floor in prayer just like everyone else." No offense to Mormons on this thread (I'm sure none of you are like this), but up until modern times (the past 40) years, certain sects of Mormon people still thought it was okay for old guys to marry 13 year old girls. I'm sure nobody does that now, but seriously, how on Earth is being gay/bisexual/lesbian/transgender so bad?

lovelygoth101

~*Athena*~

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 15, 2009, 03:47:35 am »

LMFAO @ Dmcclure1's sarcastic post about gay people. that is funny and sooo ironic!!!

im not sure what i am...

i think the female body is prettier in general, and i enjoy looking at women MUCH more than at men. But when it comes to intimacy, i dont think i could....ya kno...do what lesbians do. Ive only been in "real" relationships with men. i did date a girl but my bf and i kinda added her into our relationship at the time and i was just so jealous all the time nothing ever happened between us.

Maybe im like 30-50% Bi lol

Poke2 = GAH2
Dmcclure1

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 15, 2009, 03:52:25 pm »

i think the female body is prettier in general, and i enjoy looking at women MUCH more than at men.
I think the female body is prettier to draw and take pictures of, but im not attracted to females.
Cheesy

SenkoTwiik
Carnival Freakshow

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 15, 2009, 05:15:03 pm »

The feminine form is much easier on the eyes than men. Personally I don't like the way male anatomy looks. I like the way Brandon looks because he is structurally built thin and feminine, except in the face region. But generally I don't feel attracted to guys.

Glamily
A Tad Bit Glittery

I used to be as mad as a hatter

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 16, 2009, 12:52:20 am »

My mother and sister both think that females are quite attractive but aren't interested in them in a sexual way. I do prefer the feminine form, but I also like a muscular man. Love that post Dmcclure1. Made me laugh my head off!

No more hiding
Don't be afraid of what's inside
Anytime anybody pulls you down
Anytime anybody says you're not allowed
Just remember you are not alone
Dmcclure1

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 17, 2009, 03:02:17 pm »

Ok, so i just watched Prom Queen
 yesterday, it was pretty good, it made me mad though. I put a hyperlink in so you guys can check it out.
Cheesy

Dmcclure1

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 19, 2009, 11:19:46 pm »

Sorry about the double post but i have a question for you all.
When you came out (if you came out) did you tell your friends or family first?
I told my friends even though i knew my family would accept me, partially because if my friends left me then my family could cheer me up.

Glamily
A Tad Bit Glittery

I used to be as mad as a hatter

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 20, 2009, 02:22:41 am »

I told my best friend first.. but then I told the family one at a time.. My family and I have decided not to tell most of the extended family, as it will some how get back to my nan and she will tell everyone else..

No more hiding
Don't be afraid of what's inside
Anytime anybody pulls you down
Anytime anybody says you're not allowed
Just remember you are not alone
SenkoTwiik
Carnival Freakshow

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 20, 2009, 11:40:12 am »

I told my friends first. Well, they actually kind of figured it out and asked on their own and I said yes. It took me another year and a half (until I got my first girlfriend) to tell my mom. Later I told my dad and everyone who cared to know. Now everyone knows.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11
  Print  

Jump to: