Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 10:31:50 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hide extra AL female hair colors - Pick & Choose!  (Read 9664 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Dunner

View Profile
« on: December 26, 2008, 04:48:57 am »

So, I received Apartment Life for Christmas and although I'm really enjoying it, I'm rather ticked off that Eaxis thought it would be cute to contain so many freakin' pointless color options for the female hairs...

Now, what's the point of this? Five versions of the SAME hair just with different colored barrettes or hair clips!? And, it's like that for all colors and for the main 3 new female hairstyles!  angry

So, I just cranked up SimPE this morning and selected each hair separately so they can be hidden from Body Shop and the in-game CAS!

Now, I present these files to you as well. These are very small global mods that will hide certain hairs from the game. All you have to do is place any of these files into your Sims 2/Downloads folder and the hairstyle will be hidden!

---

Here's how I have labeled them: Number 1 is simply a Hair With a Barrette; Number 2 is a Puffy Ponytail with a Scrunchie; Number 3 is a Long Ponytail with a Scrunchie; and, Number 4 is a hair that Eaxis has labeled as Rockabilly.

Now, here's an example on what to do:

Let's say that you like the Black Hair with a Blue Barrette and you ONLY want it to appear in your game. You would open the Hairs with Barrettes zip file, choose the OTHER color options (Red Barrette, Green Barrette, etc.) and you would place them into your Sims 2/Downloads folder. You WOULD NOT place the Black Hair with Blue Barrette file into the folder. If you did, it would become hidden as well.

To break it down further...

- You like the Red Hair with Green Barrette and no other colors.
- Place the Red Hair with Red, Blue, Orange and Purple Barrettes files into Sims 2/Downloads.
- Do NOT place the Red Hair with Green Barrette file into the folder.
- All of the other colors will be hidden and only your choice will show up!

---

You can mix & match the choices as you see fit. All of these files are very small, so it shouldn't lag your game or anything. Plus, you can simply remove them from the Downloads folder at any time and the hair options will reappear as normal.

As a bonus, I've included a single mod that removes all five colors of the Rockabilly hairstyle, because I think it looks completely silly. If you download this mod and place it into your Sims 2/Downloads folder, all colors of the Rockabilly hair will be hidden.

* Dunner1_HairWithBarrette.zip (17.12 KB - downloaded 585 times.)
* Dunner1_LongPonytailWithScrunchie.zip (14.29 KB - downloaded 544 times.)
* Dunner1_PuffyPonytailWithScrunchie.zip (16.21 KB - downloaded 539 times.)
* Dunner1_HideRockabillyHairs.zip (0.78 KB - downloaded 487 times.)
« Last Edit: December 26, 2008, 04:54:06 am by Dunner » Logged

<('_'<) <('_')> (>'_')>
Mellisenda

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2008, 04:35:11 pm »

Thank you. Although I like the Rockabilly hair for my witches, the clip/hairband recolors do seem excessive.  rolleyes

Melissa
Dunner

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2008, 06:30:33 pm »

You're very welcome. Smiley

<('_'<) <('_')> (>'_')>
tregarth

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2008, 09:28:13 am »

Great idea:)
amythestfenix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2009, 01:25:14 am »

Thanks for fixing this annoyance!
gadalu

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2009, 03:13:45 am »

Thanks a lot
Hummel 2

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2009, 02:07:06 pm »

Thank you!!
Bagfran

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2009, 04:45:59 am »

Phew, thanks! I haven't explored the new AL hair options yet, but I know it would have annoyed the life out of me once I did! Grin

Thanks to Pidgey for my avatar.
JLouis
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2009, 10:34:05 am »

Thank's for all, good work.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: