Insimenator.org
March 19, 2024, 06:05:59 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can't Package LS/PS Lots!  (Read 5058 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Zirconia Wolf

View Profile
« on: February 11, 2009, 02:09:21 pm »

This may sound impossible, but the options to package lots in LS and PS is missing whenever I select a lot to load.

I know it's possible to package them (as others have done so) but I have no clue as to why I can't.

There is an empty space where the package icon should be, but no icon. Clicking the blank space does nothing, I tried.

I have finished the Story Modes & am in Free Play Mode.

I am launching the games (legally purchased from the local Best Buy) from no-cd exe files & not the built-in launcher. (Don't want that crap on my computer if I can help it!)

Any thoughts?

***EDITED TO ADD***

It's kinda looking like this may be due to the fact that my copies of the Stories series games were just recently (under 2 weeks ago) purchased, so they are different "versions" than the ones most the rest of you all have. It appears as though EA may have tweaked stuff in later releases, but that's just a guess (from the info I gathered on another site) right now...
« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 06:36:15 pm by Zirconia Wolf » Logged

*** Self-Proclaimed leader of the MoonBats! ***
amc462000
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2009, 08:26:57 pm »

I didn't think anyone could package those in-game.
DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2009, 03:41:15 pm »

I have an older SLS game and there's no option to package them in it.
So I don't think it has that as a feature.

I was wondering if I could just transfer a few lots them into my TS2 game since I use all the same CC in them though (had SLS now installed TS2 double deluxe).  Is there a way to use or move lots between games if you're just using them for your own games?  Because I love the houses and familes I created in my old sls game.

Just asking since it's a kind of related question.  Thanks Smiley .

Sims by Dasi:

Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2009, 08:44:35 pm »

I bought SLS almost as soon as it came out and I can't package houses, either. The SLS houses you have seen for download into your TS2 game are probably rebuilt or extracted somehow. We had a discussion of the SLS game engine over on Simbology and in there I linked to a thread at MATY where SaraMK explains how to move your SLS hoods into your TS2 game. Perhaps this is how the houses were packaged by those offering them for download - by importing them into TS2 using SaraMK's method, then packaging from there. Ditto Pet Stories. There's just no option to do some of the stuff we're used to from TS2.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: