Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 02:59:38 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm guessing a Freetime and Ikea clash?  (Read 4855 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
simcat06

View Profile
« on: February 08, 2009, 11:57:37 am »

Hello everyone!  cool
Right so I'm at the end of my tither with this one....
I got IKEA for Christmas, and I was looking forward to seeing some furniture in game that I have in my room haha
I installed it and carried on using the Free Time cd like it asks. I go into University, and I had no custom content, so I looked and it needed enabling, enabled, saved, quit and started it again.
But as I started this time, it totally skips the little film at the beginning and goes straight into the big "The Sims 2 Free Time" screen where its loading, and it stops about 1/3 of the way on "Predicating Predestined Paths" and it comes up saying "So and so has crashed, this programme with now terminate." So there was me thinking it was a one off, started it again, and it carried on. So I looked for a patch, got it and downloaded it. Tried again, not working. So I uninstalled IKEA, still not working, so I then uninstalled and reinstalled FreeTime, still not working. I then got rid of all my custom content, added a little bit, it worked, added a little bit, it worked again...until I had added it all, and it was fine. So after spending what seems ages on fixing this, I went and reinstalled IKEA, bad idea, cause it did it again (wishful thinking). So I uninstalled it and still didnt work, and then I just installed the whole of the game.
Ive just picked Nightlife, Business, Bon Voyage, Holiday stuff, glamour, free time and IKEA from all my games to install. I installed them all, checked everything and it still stops at that "Predicating Predestined Paths".
Ive also looked online and saw on MTS2 that Lord Darcy has made a IKEA Home Stuff Objects Fix - Missing FT Functions Enabled download, which I had got, downloaded and installed it properly, although wouldnt I have to get onto my game to enable custom content??
Im just so confused and Ive tried everything I know.
Fingers crossed!
Thankies!

Check out my new house 24 Maple Drive Here :rabbit:
simcat06

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2009, 12:01:55 pm »

p.s
After all this happened, my laptop died!  Cry
(Its Vista)
I would turn it on and the welcome screen would come up but would stay on the welcome screen. Sometimes when I would get on it, web pages wouldnt work, but msn would. I couldnt open my pictures, it was incredibly slow, the sound wouldnt work and I couldnt use word to do my college work! Thats at the point when I uninstalled it all, and its working fine now!  huh

Care

contimplation or constipation?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2009, 12:24:06 pm »

have you patched your vista with the service pack. I know a lot of people had problems with vista when it first came out but they have since fixed what was wrong I know my sims run just fine. My friend was having problems also like you couldn't play but now she can also. I never had problems with the 64bit premium ed she had 32bit bit and had the problems. So i suggest if you haven't make sure to upgrade your vista should work if not then I am sorry I wouldn't be sure where to start then.

simcat06

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2009, 09:43:36 am »

Thank you.
I'll give it a go, install them all, add the cc slowly and tell you if it works. Wish me luck!  Undecided

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: