Insimenator.org
April 24, 2024, 11:40:02 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Graphics Card Issue Or Something Else?!  (Read 4765 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« on: February 09, 2009, 11:21:41 pm »

Hey guys,

I think I have myself a problem and I am hoping you guys can shed some light on it so I can see what to do about it Sad okay here we go I downloaded an apartment building last night from TSR that I fell in love with it's like 5 stories high and has 18 rooms with the last room on top being a penthouse suite that rents out for around 8,000$ shocked and needless to say looking at the lot there is ALOT of detail first off the whole lot is already furnished so it really lags my machine down to be able to draw everything and put it all in one screen so what happened was I was working on one of the rooms and a windows error message pops up saying "Your computer is low on virtual memory, Windows is increasing your paging file so some application and programs may not function momentarily" something of that nature well I didn't think anything about it because my computer always does that because I really need some more RAM so anyway when I thought it was done because the little yellow exclamation mark had gone off my toolbar I clicked my Sims2 Apartment Life toolbar and my game just froze and a Sims2 error message came up that said "Sims2 Apartment Life has experienced an enternal error in the Graphics Adapter and will now terminate" something like that huh what could this be? do you all think the lot was just to much on my computer because I checked my system and my computer shows my graphics card is doing fine? huh

-Thank you for any and all help
               Amber
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 11:55:32 pm »

It seems like your video card doesn't have enough memory or your computer doesn't have enough memory.

Personally, I'd get rid of the apartment. Or, get more memory and a better video card. You may want to check and see if your video card drivers needs updating.

What kind of graphics card do you have and how much memory does it have? And, how much memory does your computer have?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 12:37:51 am by EKozski » Logged

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2009, 12:34:23 am »

Thats one thing that came to mind about the card not having enough memory so I guess I will be deleting the lot I mean If I 'managed' (as lazy and impatient I am) to actually furnish all 18 units and move sims in including my playable sim, I couldn't imagine how damn slow my game would go even running on no CC in the building more than likely my harddrive would implode or explode what have you with the amount of stress it was under Undecided thanks for your input by the way Cheesy
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2009, 01:43:23 am »

---BUMPS---

Just a note here is the link to that beautiful jaw dropping apartment lot lol just to show you what I mean in my original post about drawing 'all that' in one screen

http://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/details/category/sims2-lots-apartment/title/El%20Tropico/id/791088/

-Ooh's and Aww's and then deletes- Cry
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2009, 02:38:22 am »

That is a fairly large lot with so much stuff loaded onto the lot. Would be a strain on not only the video card but the memory to draw everything on the lot, let alone Sims living there.

You could create something similar to that on a scaled lot to make it easier for you to load and play without too much work on the video card, hard drive and RAM.

Wow indeed..

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2009, 11:56:36 pm »

well I checked my memory and it shows that I have 76.26GB of freespace which isn't a lot I don't think so I went and uninstalled OFB since I don't really use it that much so I only have Sims 2 DD, Seasons, AL, Ikea, Celebrations Sad but atleast my game is running smoother now -scoffs- I know I'm going to delete that lot but I wanted a tower block like that so maybe 10-15 sims could live in the building you know like a 'real' apartment lol, anyone know of a lot like that won't slow my game down so much please let me know but you have to admit that lot was lovely -sigh-
amc462000
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2009, 07:24:54 am »

How much total RAM?
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2009, 12:08:45 am »

Hmm I'm not sure I just went to My Computer and then right clicked on my c drive and looked at my pie chart for those estimates I gave you earlier, how would I see how much RAM I have? huh
amc462000
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2009, 07:18:20 am »

right click on My Computer and click properties. It will be on the front there just read it will say.
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2009, 11:44:24 pm »

Oh in that case I have 448 Mb of RAM *Shudders* I need to go invest in some more memory for my PC soon lol. . .
amc462000
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2009, 07:32:40 am »

you need at least 1 gb I think.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2009, 12:11:06 pm »

Well the site lists a lesser number for the minimum system requirements, but you'll be much happier if you have at least 1 gb of RAM.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: