Insimenator.org
April 26, 2024, 06:06:32 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: community lot frozen with sim on it  (Read 2660 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Dizzymental

View Profile
« on: February 14, 2009, 04:20:29 am »

I have a community lot that is frozen, no live mode, but build mode available. I can't access the house/lot where the sim lived who went to the community lot that is now frozen. The game just keeps telling me that a family member from this lot is visiting a community lot. But the community lot can't be run in live mode, because I get the message that a saved game is in progress???

Anybody have any clue how to solve this problem? Short of moving the sim out of the virtual space and into a house using Insim, I can't find a way to save the house he was occupying and the community lot. Can't bulldoze them either strangely enough. Weird.
kinnika

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2009, 09:03:40 am »

Hm.. this is an interesting problem. So, you can't access the house from "Neighborhood Mode"?

If you can get to the Miscellaneous in that mode, I would exit the game and restart it again and see if that helps.

"[T]here's a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing[.]"; Hence: There are a lot of great Sims stuff out there for free that are just as good as name brands you pay for!

So please, take note: http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/
Dizzymental

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2009, 10:36:18 am »

Thanks for replying.

I can access the lot, but it's frozen in the sense that it can't be used. Can't send a sim there. Can't bulldoze it. Whatever I try to do it just keeps teling me that a save game is in progress. Weird. I can get to the build mode if I go into the lot. But once there, doesn't seem much I can do. I tried rezoning it, but that doesn't help either. 
kinnika

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2009, 11:35:28 am »

Have you tried to exit and restart your game, though?

"[T]here's a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing[.]"; Hence: There are a lot of great Sims stuff out there for free that are just as good as name brands you pay for!

So please, take note: http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/
Dizzymental

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2009, 03:12:01 pm »

Tried all that kind of stuff, the simple stuff like restarting etc. Nothing seems to unfreeze that blasted community lot. I have an idea though. I'm going to use insim to move the sim to another lot from another lot, if that makes sense? And then I'll evict him and see if that does it. The problem seems to be connected with a particular sim stuck on the frozen lot. I'm going to try it with insim next time I load up the game. I'll let you know if everything blows up or not. Smiley
rwills

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2009, 04:08:12 pm »

Fairly serious problem. That community/business lot may now be broken beyond repair.

What may have caused it:

One or more unpatched EPs/SPs
Incompatible or otherwise corrupted custom content on the community/business lot

You should be able to save the Sim, however. Drastic fix, but try this:

Go to another occupied residential lot in the 'hood and use the Summoner to summon a family member (teen or older, blood relative or spouse) of the stuck Sim.
Make that summoned Sim selectable
Have that summoned Sim use a phone to sell the community lot
Use the Deleter to delete the summoned Sim

That should free up the family lot and the stuck Sim, and you should then be able to enter the blocked residential lot of that family. The stuck Sim should be there now (if not, use Family Tree to 'Restore Family').

As mentioned above, though, that particular community lot may well be beyond repair at this point and will have to be bulldozed.
Dizzymental

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2009, 12:22:53 am »

Haha problem solved. I really thought this one would break the game, but not so. Thanks for replying and giving me some additional ideas. I fixed the frozen lot in the end by summoning (as you put it) the sim on another lot using insim and then evicted the sim from the house I'd moved him into. That somehow freed up the house that was frozen and the community lot that was frozen, though I had the sim sell the community lot first before evicting him, just in case. Everything is saved, both frozen lots and the sim. Fantastic.  cool

Forgot to mention something strange I noticed in my game whilst trying to fix this problem. I have no cigen package file in the EA games folder.
amc462000
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2009, 07:42:15 am »

cigen is created when bodyshop is used, not during normal game play.
Dizzymental

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2009, 04:07:44 pm »

Thanks, that explains why I don't have it.  tongue I don't do bodyshop.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: