Insimenator.org
April 26, 2024, 12:42:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Big problem  (Read 7466 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
annika

View Profile
« on: February 15, 2009, 06:00:24 pm »

Hi all!

I have a huge problem, my game crash everytime I download and install new cc. I removed everything I downloaded around the time when the problem started, but it still crashes. I even reinstalled the entire game, but nothing seems to work. I beg on my bare knees for help!!!!! Thanks...
amc462000
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2009, 06:40:01 pm »

Possibly you are downloading custom content that is incompatible with your game. What expansion packs & stuff packs do you have?
kinnika

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009, 09:04:55 am »

Are your drivers updated? That may have something to do with it.

I had problems with how much RAM I had. I couldn't run the game with how little my computer had.

"[T]here's a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing[.]"; Hence: There are a lot of great Sims stuff out there for free that are just as good as name brands you pay for!

So please, take note: http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/
annika

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2009, 05:53:09 pm »

Hi guys and thanks for replying Smiley

I have all expansion packs and stuff packs.

My computer is relatively new with 2.13Ghz and 3GB ram. I don´t know if that helps...

A big Hug2 to all of you that´s helping me
amc462000
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2009, 06:10:03 pm »

how much available storage memory (hard drive space) does it have? and what operating system is it using?
annika

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2009, 05:49:07 am »

372gb with 313 available, I use windows xp.
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2009, 06:28:32 am »

If your memory numbers are those, it should be more than adequate to run the game without crashing.
But it really sounds like something might be wrong in your computer config, and that's interfering with the game. It should run without all the CC installed. Why it does not is a mystery.
I'd look at your drivers, as someone else suggested.

amc462000
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2009, 07:17:39 am »

ok, how far into loading, or playing, does the game crash?
annika

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2009, 07:45:13 am »

It crash when I enter buymode, the lounger section. It does work fine when I remove my downloadfolder. Again a BIG thanks to all of you for helping me Hug2
rwills

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2009, 07:45:57 pm »

If the problem does not occur when there is no Downloads folder, and does occur when there is a Downloads folder, then there is one or more items in the Downloads folder that are incompatible, in conflict or otherwise at fault. You will have to cull through your downloads and remove the culprit(s). There is no quick and easy way to immediately pinpoint such item(s) (though if you know after what date the problem came up, that can help in narrowing down the hunt to items installed on or after that date). Follow the guidance here:

http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Finding_Problem_Custom_Content
annika

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2009, 04:57:16 am »

I have tried that, and I have deleted alot of what I have downloaded. But the problem starts when I download new things. Some works fine while others don´t. This is what makes me confused.
amc462000
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2009, 07:45:24 am »

ok. If you download something that is incompatible with your game, it will make your game crash. When you download something, be sure to read everything at the site that the creator wrote about it, like what ep's or sp's are required or that they have in their game, and if you don't have those also, don't download it. Some things will make your game crash even if you have the same ep's or sp's, such as careers or food.
annika

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2009, 06:29:24 pm »

ok, it´s official..i´m going crazy GAH4 I removed all hacks and food, game still crash...Is there no end to my personal hell Headwall
rwills

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2009, 07:44:25 pm »

There is no substitute for following the guidance given at the link above. Especially in following the 50% method as outlined there.

It may not be a hack, or food. For example, if one installs a house with a Seasons-compatible refrigerator in it and has only pre-Seasons games  installed, then having that object in the game could cause a crash.

Winnowing the content of the Downloads folder down using the 50% method is time consuming, but tried and true for isolating problematic files and getting rid of them.

One other thing to mention is to use Clean Installer to scan your Downloads folder, then sort the listing by Type and if any items are listed under Type as Collection, move those to your Collections folder. In some cases, collection files in the Downloads folder can crash the game.

Clean Installer is a necessity, IMHO, especially for installing just the parts of lots that you actually want or need and also just the parts of custom Sims that you actually want or need, as well as for finding and removing duplicate files and empty package files which serve only to bloat the Downloads folder.

Clean Installer: http://sims2pack.modthesims2.com/

Also, if you have files you've downloaded other than .package files in your Downloads folder, remove them. They don't belong there.

This last is rather elementary, but just in case -- to view and use many custom objects, you have to have CEP installed. If you don't already, it is here:

http://www.modthesims2.com/download.php?t=92541
Charley

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2009, 07:46:13 pm »

Have you taken your whole downloads folder or just hacks? You need to take the whole thing out and start putting bit in piece by piece, tedious but it will solve your problem!

Char
xxx

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: