Insimenator.org
April 27, 2024, 04:46:21 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Big problem  (Read 7470 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
annika

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2009, 08:29:53 am »

I have all eps and sps, so I don´t think that´s the problem. I did use the 50% method and removed the files that was causing problem, but when I downloaded something new it started to crash again, thats what make me so puzzled. I use the clean installer and I have CEP installed.

Char, I will definitely try that too.       
GroovyGran

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2009, 05:14:05 pm »

Hi Annika, You are probably being too impatient (one of my downfalls) and trying to add too much at once.
Here's what I do. You will have to probably start from the beginning! have you got a backup of your game when you first installed it/ (with all your expansions etc. This is very important! Many times I have had to instal them all again, and it takes sooooo long.
I keep 2 folders in my folder called (Sims 2 Backup (DO NOT DELETE) (that's because my hubby goes on clening things up!)
One is called Sims 2 Backup (NO CUSTOM CONTENT) and the other is just called Sims 2. Inside each of these folders is "The Sims 2" Folder copied from (my documents/ea games/ the sims 2) At least in that way if the worst happens, I don't have to install them all again. Once I start from scratch I make another folder inside my downloads folder called "NEW" if the game crashes after putting new custom content into the folder, you will know it is one of the files in that folder that is corrupt. just take it out again and put half the new stuff back and half the others in another folder, maybe called (TEST) and keep halving and putting back until you find the corrupt file. I you have not added too much at a time it will not be a problem

Good Luck

Gran
annika

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2009, 11:30:32 am »

Is there a limit to how much you can put in your downloadsfolder?
kinnika

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2009, 07:58:29 am »

If there is, I've probably gone over it, lol. I must have hundreds of downloads. In fact, I'm surprised how much people have much more than ME even in there. But this is a good question...

How much do you have out of curiosity?

"[T]here's a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing[.]"; Hence: There are a lot of great Sims stuff out there for free that are just as good as name brands you pay for!

So please, take note: http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/
annika

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2009, 08:06:37 am »

Ehh....6 gb... Embarrassed Grin
moo-moo

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2009, 11:57:45 am »

i used to have a similar problem with my old computer because it was rubbish i couldnt put any cc on it and then when i uninstalled and reinstalled my game only objects would work and eventually my walls were bright red and would flash all because of low memory so i had it upgraded and it worked fine
but i have a new comp now and it runs even better
amc462000
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2009, 07:24:27 pm »

Ok is it still crashing at the same point, when you are in buy and go to the lounger section?  or does it do it at other places now?
kinnika

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2009, 09:40:26 am »

only objects would work and eventually my walls were bright red and would flash

I hate that. Mine flash blue, and I'm still trying to correct this problem, but I'm not really sure why that is. I think I have corrupted CC or something. Only lots from the neighborhood view do this.

Ehh....6 gb...

Oh, heck, I'm far from danger, then... I hope, lol.

Winnowing the content of the Downloads folder down using the 50% method is time consuming, but tried and true for isolating problematic files and getting rid of them.

As rwills says, this is very true. Also, though, at some point (and I repeat this all the time, so forgive me if any of you have heard this before) this also is very helpful... time consuming also, but I am very glad I did it:

http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Organizing_Custom_Content

Before and after organizing (and after your game starts to play correctly again), this is what I do to help steer me in the direction of any future bad seeds I download. And I know how shopping for Sims can be. Once you get a few things - it can easily turn into a shopping spree. But I download them (only a few at a time) into a specific folder in the Downloads folder titled with the current date (The Sims 2 > Downloads > 3-11-09). I only download a few at a time into that specific folder. Rather than filtering through floating files in my downloads (which I can't subfolder) looking for the corrupt file, I know exactly where to find it.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 10:04:26 am by kinnika » Logged

"[T]here's a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing[.]"; Hence: There are a lot of great Sims stuff out there for free that are just as good as name brands you pay for!

So please, take note: http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/
annika

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2009, 03:01:56 pm »

Yes it is still crashing in the lounger section. I have divided all my downloads into different folders, the strange thing is that the game crash when I have all my downloads in the game. If I remove one or two of the folders from the game it will work again, and it doesn´t matter wich of them I take out. God, that sounded complicated  tongue I don´t get it, I never had problems like this before...I do clean out my downloads from time to time, so things I don´t use take up space.
amc462000
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2009, 08:06:08 pm »

you never remove the same subfolder twice?
annika

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2009, 11:25:05 am »

No, I wanted to try and see if it was a specific subfolder, but it didn´t matter as long as all the subfolders wasn´t in the downloads at the same time.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2009, 11:31:56 am »

Hi guys and thanks for replying Smiley

I have all expansion packs and stuff packs.

My computer is relatively new with 2.13Ghz and 3GB ram. I don´t know if that helps...

Are you running XP or Vista? If it's Vista then there's your problem right there. Vista requires you have a 2.4 ghz processor

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
annika

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2009, 06:51:22 pm »

I have xp. What do you guys think? Is it my computer or is it the game? It feels like I have tried everything, except throwing my computer into the ocean Undecided
Razamataz

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2009, 08:23:09 am »

Yes it is still crashing in the lounger section. I have divided all my downloads into different folders, the strange thing is that the game crash when I have all my downloads in the game.

You Have a bad Lounger file! I had the same thing with a dresser. anytime you open that one section in buy mode and you get a crash Thats usualy an Item in that section. Try Doing this run the Cheat boolprop testingcheatsenabled true. then go to your buy mode lounge chairs. Yes I know it will crash but you should get a error log Made in your Logs folder for the exact time and date of the crash. reading though that might list the file causing this problem.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: