Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 09:45:51 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A question about a Desiderata family... The Aspir  (Read 1995 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
mhbuck21

View Profile
« on: February 16, 2009, 12:39:21 pm »

Hi,
I mentioned this in another thread, but it's getting very annoying. I began playing the Desiderata with the Una character and it seems her dad lives in the Aspir lot. I made her call dad, and at that point the game crashed. Ok, so I restarted and tried directly with the Aspir... and crashed again. So I moved them out of the lot, and tried moving them back but crashed again. I tried moving them to a new lot (downloaded one) and crashed again. A pattern was emerging... angry
I didn't know if it would work but tried summoning them one at a time from the Una lot. It was working... but when the dad's turn came, the game crashed...
What would be causing this? Should I let them stay in Sim Limbo forever to avoid crashing the game? I'd try to delete them but since they have family still in town I don't know what that would do...  huh
TIA
Mari
kinnika

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 12:43:40 pm »

Hm, this doesn't sound like a lot problem, but a Sim problem.

Just a question: Is it a custom Sim, by chance?

"[T]here's a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing[.]"; Hence: There are a lot of great Sims stuff out there for free that are just as good as name brands you pay for!

So please, take note: http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/
mhbuck21

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009, 01:45:15 pm »

Actually no, they came with Desiderata, and I just started to play the neighborhood (installed FT last Thursday). So I haven't had a chance to even use CAS. And the first family I played was the girl Una (can't remember her first name) and noticed she had family with the Aspir and she seems to have high relationships with that family. The last thing I tried last night was summoning but got stuck at Luis (I believe that'st the dad's name). My plan for later today is to try and summon the rest of the family away and leave the dad out altogether... but that is just until I can figure out what is wrong with him.  Cry
I just read about the stuck sim in a comm lot, maybe I'll try some of the advice there, maybe it'll unstuck him.
(I hope!)
Any ideas are welcome...
Mari
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2009, 07:13:08 pm »

Have you updated all your hacks for FT, if that is your latest EP in terms of release order and assuming you don't have Apartment Life. It could be a hack or a career that affects elders, which is why it's affecting Luis.

Can you try entering his house or teleporting him in again, but running in debug mode so the game generates an error and then post the error log?

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
mhbuck21

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2009, 05:24:08 pm »

I did update all hacks for FT, but since I also have Mansions & Gardens I was adviced to update again for AL... I'm guessing that having used for FT first, (I had up to BV then installed Mansions, and then Free Time) when in fact needed the AL updates (especially Inteen) might have messed something up with Luis.. I don't have any custom careers (bad experience in the past).

I don't know if I will be able to generate the error log, cause I moved the whole family out of the house they were in, and haven't been able to move them back to any lot since. The lot was not even letting me in during build mode. So I finally bulldozed it. I tried summoning all of them to the Una lot but every time it's Luis's turn the game crashes. And any way, as soon as I have them there, they want to leave.

One question though, once I have one of them out, since they don't have a home lot, how can I make them buy a home from Una's place? (last time I made one of them selectable but they couldn't use the phone or computer at all).
Thanks anyway Cry
Mari

Edit. I was just at the simbology page and a message mentions the teleporter cat from simlogical (I forgot I had that too!) and there's an option to move in... I'll try that and see if I can dismember the family and get some of the Aspir to get a new home.... I'll report back with results from tonight.... Luis is out of luck... Cheesy

New Edit! Yeah, I was able to dismember the family and Victor, wife and child are now in a lot and I can play no problem. I just haven't tried to go back and fish Luis out. Maybe when I have some time to spend restarting the game if it starts crashing again... Their pic is still in the list waiting for a home in neighborhood view, though. Undecided
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 01:52:36 pm by mhbuck21 » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: