Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 02:28:05 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
  Print  
Author Topic: Fat, plastic looking sims 3...? Missing something?  (Read 80507 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
cruzer

View Profile
« on: February 17, 2009, 09:35:24 pm »

Greetings:

What is wrong with me? Sims3 is coming! June 2009 is just right around the corner! Oddly enough I am a lost sheep...(!!)
I really want to like sim3! I even watched some of those cheesy sim3 videos-More times then I wish to admit! I want the game to do everything that EA claims it will do...Though I do have my fears! What if this isn't the game I want it to be???  huh

Clearly Sims3 is a jump up, graphic wise, from Sims2-Though not the big jump I was expecting. I was hoping that we would get more photo real looking sims and less cartoonness (rw?) with this one. I must add that some of the sims seem kinda chunky even when they are trying to look skinny...Some of the skins looks barbie dollish plastic and they have lifeless eyes! You would think with all the skin/eye and body mods for Sims2 that EA would have an idea what people here in Sim-land want...Oh, sure June can't get here fast enough, but I can't get over the feeling that this is just Sim2 for 2009...

If you happen to be fat, plastic looking with lifeless eyes-I mean no disrespect.... tongue

Cruz'd  Wink

SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2009, 12:00:09 am »

If you happen to be fat, plastic looking with lifeless eyes-I mean no disrespect....

LMFAO ^

Yeah I don't think TS3 is going to be the best game of all time like everybody thinks either. . . and about the way the sims look and why maxis made them like that is because they are complete and utter morons and don't really give a damn what the sims community want and don't take into consideration that if they don't allow CC to be in the game (which to my knowledge at this point is not going to happen) that there sales for the Sims franchise will be a complete flop and there company will more than likely go under because of loss of sales and angry angry simmers because I hear there shipping that devil of a software SecuroROM!! angry to screw everyones computer up hence shelling out more money to this shady and corrupt company we all love to hate rolleyes

simpleprincess
Princess in training.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 12:00:53 pm »

^^^^^I Know that made me LOL [ regarding the fat plastic looking sims] haahaha Grin

I agree about the securom thing and if they disallow any custom content I can fast seeing this game being shelved by myself after the initial novelty has wore off. A ctually if they put and updated securom I probally wont even buy it. rolleyes
Sierra

Don't mind me... I'm just lurking

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 01:15:39 pm »

I agree... the sims look awfull. They said that we're given more options when it comes to creating a sim but it seems that the options go from chunky to even more chunky and that's it. I too was expecting something so much more than what we're being given. I really want to buy Sims 3 but right now the characters in it reminds me something out of Disney's Toy Story. Even the faces look the same no matter if the sim is male or female. I'm not a kid and I don't want to play with something that looks more suitable for ten year olds. What were they thinking???  Headwall

I only wish that when all the talented CC makers get their hands on that game, they can undo what the "great minds" back at the EA managed to screw up. Oh, and SecuROM... I better say nothing. Just the word leaves a bas taste into my mouth. tongue   

LVishere

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 10:30:03 pm »

EA needs to hire some of these custom content creators. I've seen them do wonderful things. The custom stuff I get from the web is what makes my sims look realistic. They put the people at EA to shame. When I first saw The Sims 3, I thought it looked awful and a step DOWN from The Sims 2....it's even poor style wise. I am not intrigued.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 10:43:56 pm by LVishere » Logged
herman_zhen

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2009, 12:43:53 am »

I don't think that EA is foolish and doesn't have skill to make a great body mesh.

It's their dessicion to make such kind of body mesh....a barbie type.

The male body is too small and thin....even in some clothes it look smaller than the female....very ugly.  Undecided

I hope there's a competitor out there, so EA will not feel like "an absolute king".
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2009, 01:43:09 am »

Well I'm perfectly happy with TS2 for now and I don't plan on buying it for atleast a couple of months and besides I have bigger things to worry about, my boyfriend is about to start a new job in the spring and were investing our money in a new home very soon so TS3 is out of the question for probably a year or so OR if I see some significant modding, hacking and just overall re-making of the game because I agree with Sierra I too am an adult and do not have any desire to play with these childish looking sims that EA was supposed to take a step UP from Sims 2 and not DOWN, what idiots I could curse and scorn Maxis all day and all night but I'll just leave this thread with this thought in mind Maxis better re-consider the CC thing and making elements in the game more realistic including the sims or they are in for a very big surprise come there next fiscal year, and I don't think Maxis is going to be very successful with this game until the intial novelty has worn off like simpleprincess said because simmers CRAVE more and more and more CC for there game, thats what makes it seem so realistic and why the sole purpose the sims franchise its such a success like it is today. . . NOT because of maxis but because of the thousands of creators out there that make it a game Grin
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2009, 06:06:21 am »

Here is some more horrified screaming for you: Consider that our present research indicates that something like the Insim may not be possible in TS3, leaving you stuck with EAxis-mode only.
lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2009, 06:59:40 am »

I am not surprised, Pescado.  I just wondered if a Sims Program Editor will be possible, but I guess not. They want to control everything, so I will have to stick to sims 2.   Mad

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
SealJuice

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2009, 02:43:45 pm »

We need Pescado to apply for a job at Maxis and then loot the place blind while singing piratey songs.
persilwasmiddel

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2009, 10:26:41 am »

The sims looking awfull and having fat floated faces even when they are skinny has a large part to do with the ugly skins. they are toonier than in sims 2. its just a mattar of time till someone makes default replacements with the louis skins for example. im not sure if ill buy sims 3 right away or when a few good hacks are out (no social workers, gay making kids, etc) but probably im too curious not to.
persilwasmiddel

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2009, 10:28:56 am »

Here is some more horrified screaming for you: Consider that our present research indicates that something like the Insim may not be possible in TS3, leaving you stuck with EAxis-mode only.

What? no hacks? sims 3 will suck then. I hope some hackers are smart enough.. i really hope so.
honestsim

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2009, 10:38:29 am »

you know the funny thing for most of us its easier just to play the sims 2 we allready have what we want know how to create and the sims3 looks like a waste of money and for me to play it i will have to get a new comp so i will not be playing the sims 3 unless i  win the lottery and buy a new computer ...lol
Hanomaru
Lurky McLurkface

I'll just leave this here.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2009, 09:37:34 am »

Don't worry. We've been howling about that for months.

"You're telling me that fifty million screaming friends are never wrong?
I'm telling you that fifty million screaming friends are $&@%ing morons."
James Euringer
GingerGal08
Vampire on the run!

May bite if provoked.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2009, 12:43:06 pm »

I'm not too keen on the Sims 3.Think I'll stick to Sims 2.

"Hold me,
Like you held onto life,
When all fears came alive and entombed me.
Love me,
Like you love the sun,
Scorching the blood in my vampire heart." - Vampire Heart,H.I.M.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
  Print  

Jump to: