Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 05:33:20 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10
  Print  
Author Topic: Fat, plastic looking sims 3...? Missing something?  (Read 79868 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Nalia
イノセンスはつどう

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2009, 03:59:19 am »

Yes, well, there is a lot of talking going on about not being able to modding for TS3 so far, which sounds rather annoying to me.

I do have faith in the modding community, but then again I haven't noticed any program like BodyShop for TS3 yet, which is a rather bad omen in my book.

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
-- William Shakespeare, "Hamlet" (Act 2, scene 2)
"Yes, Sharing is caring, especially caring for the person you're sharing."  -- AxelVal
I said I Love Yuu not you --Nalia
My LiveJournal
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2009, 04:02:37 am »

Grig32,

I think whats trying to be addressed here regarding CC and modding tools is that if EA doesn't include a modding code then creators will obviously not be able to rip the game open and start hacking into it as there is no code to do so BUT I bet like everyone else said that those slimeballs over at TSR will have top choice on what to hack and mod into the game to make it more playable albeit something incrediably dumb that isnt even nesscessary rolleyes but who knows right? we are still about a month away and I for one can't wait because I feel TS3 has potential to be a good game if and only if one of those awesome modders out there can rip it and mess with its coding, and if I find out early, after TS3's initial release that modding or CC isn't possible and the novelty has worn off for me I will be throwing it down and go right back to TS2 with haste, but you never know right?
roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 01, 2009, 05:53:27 am »

There will be CC. I doubt if there will be mods as in behaviour and animations or possibly even default replacements. The EULA clearly states that.
Teen woohoo and the Hunter type modifacations are gonna be seriously dificult if not impossible, and if achieved, illegal.

Nalia
イノセンスはつどう

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 02, 2009, 06:52:41 pm »

Teen woohoo and the Hunter type modifacations are gonna be seriously dificult if not impossible, and if achieved, illegal.
What you mean "illegal"? What the difference will be whether it's for TS2 or TS3? Care to elaborate a little?

"Yes, Sharing is caring, especially caring for the person you're sharing."  -- AxelVal
My LiveJournal
Grig 32

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 02, 2009, 07:29:32 pm »

There will be CC. I doubt if there will be mods as in behaviour and animations or possibly even default replacements. The EULA clearly states that.

That runs counter to what the TS3 crew have said about trying to make the game as user-friendly and community-minded (if not moreso) as TS2

It seems to me that people are just afraid of change - like, if the TS3 is good, than they'll just HAVE to give up TS2 (much the same Sims phobia when TS2 replaced TS1) which seems silly to me.

Grig32,

I think whats trying to be addressed here regarding CC and modding tools is that if EA doesn't include a modding code then creators will obviously not be able to rip the game open and start hacking into it as there is no code to do so BUT I bet like everyone else said that those slimeballs over at TSR will have top choice on what to hack and mod into the game to make it more playable albeit something incrediably dumb that isnt even nesscessary rolleyes but who knows right? we are still about a month away and I for one can't wait because I feel TS3 has potential to be a good game if and only if one of those awesome modders out there can rip it and mess with its coding, and if I find out early, after TS3's initial release that modding or CC isn't possible and the novelty has worn off for me I will be throwing it down and go right back to TS2 with haste, but you never know right?

Not to call you out on that but TS2, as I said before, didn't COME with modding code included. People had to find it - people like Numenor and other modders. Before there were tons of newby skinners or custom-content jokeys there were the old masters who took TS2 and started finding hidden or borked content and made the game better. Then hackers and programmers designed stuff like SimPE and various other tools used to edit the game more easily. THEN, and only then, skinners and fans came in and made the game even more awesome - the same will happen with TS3. Its inherent to the series.

Your probably going to toss the game if you think the game will be IMMEDIATELY moddable the first day of its release. Modding anything (from Empire at War to Zeus: Master of Olympus) takes time and has a steep learning curve. Patience, more than anything else, is a virture.
roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 02, 2009, 09:28:04 pm »

The big difference between the first two sims and sims 3 is how you install CC. mods etc. The is't two were done directly via zip or rar. With the sims 3 you have such things as THE EXCHANGE , SIMS POINT, DOWNLOAD MANAGER, SIMS 3 LAUNCHER. as well as tech. protection measures and all this is possible only by registering the game.The way the EULA reads is that all CC. must be verified by EA. before it can be installed.
So all installation can only be done via EA. So there will be no more homegrown mods and hacks. As Mr.Pescado stated "they have clamped right down on the modding" and that's how they police it.
Nalia
イノセンスはつどう

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 03, 2009, 06:10:07 am »

So all installation can only be done via EA. So there will be no more homegrown mods and hacks. As Mr.Pescado stated "they have clamped right down on the modding" and that's how they police it.

Ah, I see. Well, if they will do it indeed, then that's bad for them, because no one wants to be panipulated so blantantly with a game already bought and paid for. The best tactic for me is waiting, I did the same with TS2. Only chances to buy a copy of it is ONLY and WHEN there will be custom content created and above all tools to do so. I really don't care whether it will be next year or not. I have patience, and most importantly, there is a great number of other games --except TS2-- to play when I feel like it. So... f*** EAxis.

My LiveJournal
simcat06

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 07, 2009, 08:00:42 am »

They are obviously trying to create a huge profit and a lot of publicity. Without your modders, ts2 game would not be as huge and as well known without cc. Therefore I believe that they are not as stupid to not let people customise the game to their way as people would rather play ts2, hell even ts1 than ts3 without cc. Maybe it is just going to be a big surprise, and no ones going to find out until someone buys it, and tries it out. Plus, if you go on http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/sims-3/544356-play-sims-3-a.html, there was recently a competition in the UK where 40 fans could play the game for 2 hrs each. In the game they saw the little customise star so there will be cc correct me if Im wrong. Go towards pages 18 onwards.  cool

Check out my new house 24 Maple Drive Here :rabbit:
Nalia
イノセンスはつどう

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 07, 2009, 12:33:59 pm »

The custom content mark is there for the content you create from inside the game, by using different patterns and a colour palette (similar to photoshop programs' one) to alter the furniture and clothes already existed in the game. I haven't yet seen tools for creating new objects, skins etc. Sure you can alter the colour of your Sim's skin in CAST but who cares about EAxis' skins or hair anyway.

My LiveJournal
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 08, 2009, 03:00:56 am »

Not to call you out or anything Grig32...but you say that TS2 was not originally made with coding capable for modding and CC? I believe that you are incorrect there because if there were absolutley NO coding whatsoever put in the game then how did numenor make his mods for the game unless he made his own coding to make mods and everyone else used his coding to make there mods and so on..highly unlikely so yes there was original coding placed in the game by Maxis/EA so others could make mods

I will be buying the game and I will wait for CC I know it won't take long at all for creators to crack the game open and be made possible for mods and CC because creators know more now then they did when TS1 first came out so its going to be real easy to start incorporating simply made mods into the game..but I could be wrong because I have heard that EA has really locked the game down tight with modding and that weasle Grant Rodeik won't comment on anything right now on modding but I wonder what ways we can make sims without the game running? with TS2 we had TS2 BodyShop but I haven't heard mentioned anywhere any other side application that will be included with the game? so I guess we can make our sims in-game with everything available from the start..
Nalia
イノセンスはつどう

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 08, 2009, 04:44:55 am »

so I guess we can make our sims in-game with everything available from the start..
There is no bloody way I would play with the skins, hairs and clothes EAxis provides. Once you have experienced all those talented players' amazing work there is no way back. Not to mention that the community has always been fixing stupid game problems and glitches much sooner than EAxis.  Certainly the new trait system is wonderful and probably calls for a lot of surprises, but if I am to bound a nice gameplay to hopeless fugly Sims, I'd better commit seppuku right away.

My LiveJournal
roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 08, 2009, 06:56:10 am »

I can't see why all these new traits etc. could not have been incorporated into another expansion pack, the seamless neighbourhood I can understand, that requires a new game engine. But to take us all the way back to square one just so you can have ugly cartoonish characters that can wander all over the map?
If they must rewrite the entire game just for the teens then they are free to go ahead, they should then try to sell the dam thing in various toy stores. For goodness sakes there is still enormous potential for further expansion and building onto the existing game.
This nothing like the transition from sims 1 to 2, this new thing is basically the same but with a GTA. type game engine, super ugly sims and handcuffs and leg irons included.
Surely they're not assuming that the whole sims community is just going to drop everything, throw the sims 2 away with the sims 1, go racing of to shell out mega bucks for the new thing and then sit back shivering with excitement, our credit cards clutched in trembling hands and like brainless morons start forking even more cash for the s--t that's going to be for sale via their bloody store.
Yea sure, nearly half the dam world is unemployed at the moment and yea no worries I'll go without a meal for the day just so I can download some crappy remesh.
Man I'd like to know what they're smoking over in EA. land.
siyko_narko

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 08, 2009, 11:20:38 pm »

I, myself, am not hyped up about this one. I was one of the few who actually got to experience the Securom meltdown on my computer. When Sims2 came out, I was so excited. I reserved my copy a couple of months in advance at Best Buy. I watched every trailer. I jumped for joy and raced to pick it up when it got to the store. I bought the expansion packs as soon as they came out, up until Freetime.

Then the proverbial crap and fan. Computer crashes, DVD burner frying, CD-DVD programs being altered. I get it checked and, that was when I first learned of Securom. I always overlooked the bugs, I knew there would be a fix, but the whole malware thing proved too much for me. I will buy Sims 3 when it comes out as a whole set 5 years from now; probably about the time they are releasing Sims 4. The bugs should be gone by then, and I will only have to remove one version of whatever nasty anti-customer software they put on it.
kaoz666
J.M. Pescado Supporter

IN-FRAKKIN'-CREDIBLE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: May 10, 2009, 11:31:13 am »

What you mean "illegal"? What the difference will be whether it's for TS2 or TS3? Care to elaborate a little?

EA has embedded and incripted the code for the game so meticulously and precisely that if anyone ever does manage to break it down to the level to be able to change, alter or delete bhav codes, or UI code...ANY codes for that matter, it would be direct infringement of the copyright of the game, hence it'd be illegal. The software of TS2's game source is open source, which means there's very little fail safes to prohibit access to the code to skilled modder, hence there's codes and hack to change just about everything that is on on TS2. TS3's coding is closed source, much like a console video game. Closed sourced coding is usually copyrighted. So any altering of closed sourced software and coding is illegal and in many cases a Federal offense. A shrewd tactic on EA's part to ensure the only people importing new meshes, objects or ANYTHING on the game is them, and them alone. I hope that clears things up for you.

Nalia
イノセンスはつどう

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 10, 2009, 03:56:38 pm »

Yes, your post was quite enlightening, many thanks for that, Kaoz!

Of course, I knew EAxis suck big time, but this? this is outrageous if one considers how dreadful their "artists" are.

My LiveJournal
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10
  Print  

Jump to: