Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 08:17:29 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
  Print  
Author Topic: Fat, plastic looking sims 3...? Missing something?  (Read 79912 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Nalia
イノセンスはつどう

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: June 02, 2009, 03:36:02 am »

plus THEY HAVE NO NIPPLES!!!!!!
tha horror. lol, JK

ROFL
Sorry, Paden. It was really funny. Cheesy

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
-- William Shakespeare, "Hamlet" (Act 2, scene 2)
"Yes, Sharing is caring, especially caring for the person you're sharing."  -- AxelVal
I said I Love Yuu not you --Nalia
My LiveJournal
Dmcclure1

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 02, 2009, 02:37:44 pm »

Sorry  Lips Sealed
lol
i couldnt help but notice it on the Youtube videos.

billyd1000

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 02, 2009, 07:59:04 pm »

This was in Game Informer last year, I can't remember for sure, but Oct-Dec. somewhere in there. They had a little write up and a couple pictures of these sh.., oh yea, PG-13, almost forgot.  Any way these things,(did not look close enough to a Sim, to be called. a Sim) were standig and roaming around a Downtown area. Right Then I said to my wife; "No way can I tolerate this on my computer. If you want it get it. They will need massive improvments to the sim creations to lure me in again."

Of course I mean lure me into Base Game, :patch, EP 1 :Patch, SP1.......  We all know this story! How many of us have every darn EP, SP and a ton of CC?? I would wager everyone who is a member and can afford it. In my case times 2. We are totally legal in that my wife and I have our own store bought copy of every thing. We bought new computers to be able to enjoy our game. We talk about our game to each other because it is relevent to us. We see things on a ride through town and say "Wish I had that for my Sims!. Oh! Look at that girls outfit!! Almost like that H&M SP one, wow!"

I have spent this day reading from various sites peoples first impressions of the Sims 3. What is the first complaint from almost all?? Look at them ugly sims. They look like plastic, have sucky hair and creepy eyes!! My impression from GI last year. EA will not get the business from me until they put out a good game as a sequel, not some far in the past story like in Star Wars. It worked pretty good for Star Wars, but this crap don't fly with the Sims. My opinion not the web sites, owners, or moderators. Good luck to those who venture in. Good luck that the great minds that have helped make the Sims 2 so much fun might improve this fiasco.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 08:04:19 pm by billyd1000 » Logged

Burn the midnight oil, it will be daylight soon....
agressiva

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 11, 2009, 02:31:34 pm »

I'll be honest; when I first started playing the sims 3 I felt cheated. Honestly, the graphics made me want to gag but compare your BARE sims in the sims 2 to the bare sims in the sims 3; the sims 3 looks way better and you can't argue it. You guys must have all forgotten about your days with no custom content. Me, though, didn't have those days. I jumped into the sims 3 franchise late which is actually pretty good but there were countless times where I had to begin over again from scratch and I really realized how much CC makes a big impact on gameplay but it really shouldn't.

Not to mention, they wanted to break to something else when they created the sims 3. Now, come on, if they looked exactly the same you'd be complaining about that so how can they win? I'm not acting like EAxis is holy since we all know they're really only in it for the money itself and you can't blame them for that. Look at the comparison between sims 2 and sims; perfect, right? Right. The sims was first produced in 2000 and only four years after came the sims 2 and it was a great shift. Seven years and boom, there's another one--the sims 3. Now, in such a short time span of four years they really picked it up and improved graphics and gameplay and yet, there were quite a few who still didn't move on to the sims 2 and stuck with it and obviously there, we can all see how the sims 2 is obviously superior.

My guess for people not giving into the sims 3 (Not including that whole SecuROM nonsense and the cc = no-no) is simply because of what they're used to and the sims 2 being the familiar. And really now, the sims 2 don't look plastic--they don't even look real. At least the sims 3 is closer without the use of custom content meaning you would need less of it meaning more space on your computer and your game wouldn't lag because of all the crap you had on it. Though, this is all going if CC isn't really going to be a no-no. There are ways in which the sims 2 does tower over the sims 3 but there are ways the sims 1 towers over the sims 2 as well.

Don't think I don't have my share of annoyances with the sims 3; there are loads but I had them with the sims 2 as well and they can either be ignored or fixed. And I'm done, thank you for your time.
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 11, 2009, 03:23:41 pm »

I can argue about Sims 2 sims looking better than Sims 3 looking better right out of the box. The ones from Sims 3 look like some demented cartoon from a Pixar animator gone mad after sniffing too much airplane glue. Nobody in a town full of people has the exact same chipmunk cheeks and dead looking eyes, there is a scad of genetic differences even in families. For me, Sims 3 is nothing but a big bunch of fail, but that's my opinion.

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
Jasumi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: June 11, 2009, 03:42:11 pm »

I can argue about Sims 2 sims looking better than Sims 3 looking better right out of the box. The ones from Sims 3 look like some demented cartoon from a Pixar animator gone mad after sniffing too much airplane glue. Nobody in a town full of people has the exact same chipmunk cheeks and dead looking eyes, there is a scad of genetic differences even in families. For me, Sims 3 is nothing but a big bunch of fail, but that's my opinion.

I agree Paden.

And that's what's been bugging me and I only now realized--it's the cheeks and eyes that make them all look alike. I knew it was something but couldn't put my finger on it. Chipmunk is a fitting term, too.

(3rd) Ae Young Kim Mother of the Year
abaris

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 11, 2009, 04:13:55 pm »

Nobody in a town full of people has the exact same chipmunk cheeks and dead looking eyes, there is a scad of genetic differences even in families.

Ever seen night of the living dead?  Grin
gazania
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 11, 2009, 09:07:28 pm »

I came into The Sims 2 in 2006, so compared to others here, I was a newer kid on the block. I never knew about custom content until a few months later. And strangely, I did NOT have the same reactions to the skintones and facial features with Sims 2 that I do with Sims 3. Not even close.

Did many of the templates in the Sims 2 make me wonder, "Why would I want a Sim looking like THAT?" Sure thing. I confess that for a long time, I relied on about 8 or so of the EA facial templates for 70% or so of my Sims. But even using my "basic 8" so much, my Sims STILL looked more distinctive, and to me, more attractive, than the Sims 3 base ones now.

Once again, thanks to a FREE site, Sims 3 players can mess around with the sliders a bit more and produce at least somewhat less puffy-faced people. And thanks to a free site again, the skintones now have a bit more definition. It's my hope that someone can work on the eyes next. Then the hair. Then ....

So there's hope. But it's a darn good question why EA felt that most people would like their Sims like that to begin with.
amberfaye

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: June 11, 2009, 09:17:00 pm »

Let look at the townie and premade sims by TS2 creators. NASTY STUFF, right?
Well, the sims 3 is the same way. I have made some very attractive sims in 3.

Does she look bobble headed and freaky eyed? (I created her)

and this one, a teen born in game

my gwen stefani sim

The tools are there, you just have to take alot of time to sculpt them.
And I actually liek the game. Its growing on me more and more. I love the color wheel, the seamless town, the skin genetic sliders, and just the game itself, the way it plays. Once EPs and CC start getting released out the @$$, I hope asll the negitive sallys will eat thier words and give the game a chance finally.

abaris

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 12, 2009, 12:24:22 am »

They look cute like dolls, but in no way realistic. I'm pretty sure it's intentional, that all Sims you can create are looking like toy dolls.
Nalia
イノセンスはつどう

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 12, 2009, 01:20:20 am »

Does she look bobble headed and freaky eyed? (I created her)
<snipped photo>
and this one, a teen born in game
<snipped photo>
my gwen stefani sim
<snipped photo>

Honestly, no offense is meant here, but Nina Caliente seems much more attractive to me than those Sims.

And I actually liek the game. Its growing on me more and more. I love the color wheel, the seamless town, the skin genetic sliders, and just the game itself, the way it plays.
Sorry, but I don't like the gameplay as it is. Surely it has *some* merit, but not that much to make my jaws drop.

Once EPs and CC start getting released out the @$$, I hope asll the negitive sallys will eat thier words and give the game a chance finally.
Ah, but if CC becomes a possibility then we will talk about something else then, won't we?

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
-- William Shakespeare, "Hamlet" (Act 2, scene 2)
"Yes, Sharing is caring, especially caring for the person you're sharing."  -- AxelVal
I said I Love Yuu not you --Nalia
My LiveJournal
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 12, 2009, 04:20:21 am »

For all the efforts everyone has made to make their creations better, the one thing that stops me right in my tracks is the fact that every single sim made has absolutely no bone structure in their face-and while that might not be a big thing for some players, I'm of the opinion that realism is better than playdough.

I know that the "uncanny valley" effect is a possibility in all sims games, but if a sim looks more "human" than originally planned, a player might be able to relate more closely with that creation.

A big shiny toy is all that Sims 3 reminds me of-with very limited possibilities for getting so involved in it that you make stories and post them in various forums, and that people get passionate about them.

Perhaps EA was trying to defuse the effect, but they went so far over the edge in taking out the realistic aspects that they (in my opinion only) have ruined the very thing that made the Sims 2 what it is.

Even with all the CC available, they have made the options to make sims look like humans well nigh impossible.

A cartoon is all it reminds me of. Sad, but true.

Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: June 12, 2009, 06:16:21 am »

wel - I've seen people make sims 2 simmies only with maxis content, EAxis skin, EAxis hair - and thought "why don't my sims look that pretty?". A few times, it has even happened with the EAxis made sims.

Now - no matter how "pretty" and "shiny" people make their sims 3 simmies with EAxis contents, there are always those little things, like the puffy lips, weird expressions (yes, some even weirder than the Sims2 ones), strange bodyshapes, flat-looking stiff faces... you name it. Not to talk about the toddlers and children looking like shrunken, ugly adults (we forget the infants right now, since I think most of us agree they look outright ugly - though it's a positive(?) thing that the game actually differences between boys and girls now).  

If (and only if) someone actually manages to make some default replacements that I like, and also other (much needed, and hopefully free) CC, then I might think about getting sims3. But concidering EA's thoughts about this... Well, it's unrealistic, I guess...

I've played sims2 for a long time (since around when nightlife came out, I think). I played for a long time without any CC (or at least very little of it - at first only some hairstyles and clothing, since EAxis had few choices for toddlers), and I've always been thrilled about all the possibilities around storytelling. I was a heavy user of the storytelling album inside the game - before I realized there were better ways of doing it.

Now I find regular gameplay (Sims2) somewhat boring (unless I'm bored.. then it's fun :/)- but the storytelling business is still always just as funny to do, especially when I found pose boxes, mods, hacks, cool CC, hairs, clothes, furniture... you get it.
I like the fact that I can wreck a lot for storytelling, hide them on the top of a mountain, so that they don't show with neighborview on. I like the fact that with CC I can make any type of scenery, or just import simmies to the lot when I need them. I like the fact that I can make my own clothes with Bodyshop. I want to learn more about SimPE so I can make my own furniture, accessories and maybe even my own poseboxes when I learn how to. I even like to go on CC hunts - just for the fun of it. I don't mind my simmies looking a bit cartoonish. I like the style between realistic and cartoonish that Enayla's, Ephemera's or Louis' skintones makes. I love the fact that I found some really good-looking eye defaults once, which nearly all my simmies tends to end up with. The only reason I've got all EP's and SP's is the fact that I get more options with meshes, hacks, poses and so on - since people tends to make really goodlooking stuff out of seemingly boring EA stuff. I don't really buy them for the gameplay bit. Though, I do tend to mix a lot between CC and (often recolored) ingame stuff.

I just don't see those possibilities with Sims3. I like some aspects about it, like the scenery, the all-use patterns and color wheel (those I wish they had put into sims2 - then my experience of sims2 had been perfect), but there are some things that just makes me think that sims3 might be fun to play, but when you grow bored with that, there's not much more to do with the game. (I'm the type who plays a game days in a stretch, before I grow bored with it.)

That seems like the biggest difference between sims2 and sims3 for me. There are things I'd like to change about Sims2 too - but for most of that, there are mods, hacks, and CC.

EA did a HUGE mistake when they decided to ban most CC. They've digged their own grave. The reason most of us still play sims2 is the CC. Without it, the game will be fun for a while, but then people will realize they need more than just new houses, clothes, hair or patterns to make the game complete. Especially when you need to pay for all of it. I might buy the game someday - but I'll never sink so low that I actually go to the S3shop and BUY things one by one, that they SHOULD have put in the game from the BEGINNING of. Especially concidering the horrible quality on some of the stuff... If they can't put it into the game - then what's the point of spending even more money on it afterwards, on some CC that the community creators could have done thousands of times better? At least, if the EP's are packed with new things and interactions, then they are more worth the money than stuff from the exchange/TS3 shop. (And EA should learn to put in LOADS of new things in the EP's instead of one or two new interactions, and a few hairstyles/clothes...)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 06:32:21 am by theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
abaris

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 12, 2009, 07:55:19 am »

I think they have deliberately chosen a more childish approach. The Sims look like dolls, chubby in the face with big baby eyes. This, if nothing else, is intentional. If, and I think it's the truth, they have sold their 1.4 million copies, their strategy pays.

And they probably won't change that. They have already reached dry ground and every additional sale is a bonus. What's more, and I think that's the real reason behind banning the modding community, they don't have to think of the lobbies and pressure groups, moaning about the possibility to introduce adult content.

They have created a toy and as with every shiny new toy, their target audience will throw it into a corner when the novelty wears off. But I don't think that's any reason to worry for EA, since they already made their cash.
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 12, 2009, 10:06:50 am »

That is true-but does it bode well for the inevitable expansions that will follow, or will players just say-"No more, I've done with the game. EP's won't do anything more."

That's where the money is going to come from to sustain this game-more EP's and stuff packs.

However, be that as it may-every time one is released, it will bloat the core game even worse than it already is, and may even make it utterly unplayable in the long run because (as with Sims 2) the EP's will be adding content and behavior-modifying content-the base is 6 gigs huge. What will an EP be-2 or 3?

I can see that with each additional EP the game will possibly need more RAM, and more everything just to run.

For those running it on a laptop, it will become non-playable. Those with a PC might get away with making changes, but at what cost to them or their systems?

Sometimes "progress" is not the apt term. More is not always better.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
  Print  

Jump to: