Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 05:08:11 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  
Author Topic: Geisha Career in testing!  (Read 71426 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
without_roots
« Reply #60 on: October 13, 2007, 06:34:07 pm »

i downloaded the career but i am unable to locate the meshes and clothes. help?
Invisichikk

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 04, 2007, 05:10:15 pm »

I have had this career ingame for a bit and finally got the sense to come and thank you for it!  I have had no problems with it at all, the clothes and gift are just as they should be.  Thanks!

Heeheehee!  I had one of my guy Sims accept this career and he goes to work in a kilt!  Wheee! Tongue
« Last Edit: January 09, 2008, 08:20:04 pm by Invisichikk » Logged
fukolina
« Reply #62 on: January 07, 2008, 02:52:39 pm »

hey! since i'm italian i've got the italian version of the game, and the geisha-job doesn't come up:( Is it a problem if careers and games are in different languages? I have the eps nightlife and university. Thank you for your attention;):rabbit:
MadeUpName
« Reply #63 on: April 16, 2008, 04:51:50 pm »

I have all expansion & stuff packs (including Kitchen & Bath), and this career does not work properly. Everything's fine until they go to work - but ~20min after work starts, they instantly appear in a sitting-in-car position in the middle of the lot, and jump into a starting position. Since they never return in a vehicle, they can never get paid or promoted.

This happens even when these files are the only custom content, and it does not happen with the Maxis careers. Ideas?
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 16, 2008, 05:59:58 pm »

Custom careers are a like any mod...they rely heavily on code existing in the game used when the career was made. That same code can be changed by later eps, rendering the career incompatible with aforementioned later eps. As with any hack, it's advisable to remove carreers until the creator can confirm they are compatible with later eps.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Sayurii-San
« Reply #65 on: April 20, 2008, 04:09:41 pm »

Hello ! I've alittle problem with your donate : it doesn't apear in my game ! I've this expansions : Nightlife,University and Pets. Could you help me please?
jphill11

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 23, 2008, 04:45:30 pm »

This career should be working with all expansion packs up to and including Free Time. I don't really know much about custom careers except how to make them, but basically they are just base careers with different text, so therefore they should never be rendered unusable by any new expansion pack.  I have all expansions and stuff packs up to date and the Geisha career works for me, as do all other custom careers I have made by me and other modders.  

I do remember after the installation of one expansion pack, I believe it was BV, I had the jump bug myself with this career, but it turned out something else was causing it not the career itself.  I'll go through the archives of various sites I post on to see if I can find the solution to my own problem. Smiley

Sayurii-San, I think this should show up as long as you have University but it's possible it needs some other expansion pack.  To be absolutely sure try using the Insimenator or Monique's computer to choose a career for Sim, then all the careers in your game will show up.  You can also turn on the boolprop cheat and shift+click on a newspaper to choose from all the careers.
Mikido
« Reply #67 on: August 17, 2008, 04:14:03 pm »

The web for meshes moved somewhere, could anyone give me an URL to the page what includes the meshes for kimonos?
Alasdair

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 18, 2008, 01:01:47 pm »

Quote from: Mikido;1341324
The web for meshes moved somewhere, could anyone give me an URL to the page what includes the meshes for kimonos?

Here is the new link: http://www.2-f0r-u.de/sims2neu/index.html

If you had clicked one of the boxes on the other link it would have taken you to the new site.

When you get to the site a popup box will appear telling you the software is not registered, just click okay and then follow the rest of the directions for getting the meshes.
missladyvenom
« Reply #69 on: August 31, 2008, 12:57:44 pm »

Okay, so it seems no one else is helping anyone here... I do hope I'll get some help.

I downloaded the very first dress needed fine, but I seemed to have gotten lucky with that.. The main site moved, so I can't for the life of me locate any of the other kimono's needed on it's new page.  And I can't find any of the clothes half these people are talking about.

Could someone please link me to the proper outfits, or post them here yourself?  It would be really appreciated since my little maiko just started as a junior Maiko and she's wearing that ugly pink outerwear instead of a kimono.

Please someone help me out here, it's a wonderful career that I'm thrilled to have, but it would be even better if the clothes worked properly!

-Update-

I think I found what I needed, I'll let you know once I play the game again. Smiley
« Last Edit: August 31, 2008, 01:01:43 pm by missladyvenom » Logged
Alasdair

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 31, 2008, 01:17:44 pm »

You know since this thread is nearly 3 years old some of the stuff is going to be difficult to find.

You are not loking very hard because I found both of them no problem. The meshes are on page 19 of the female Adult Casual Fashions. You need the first and fourth files: ie.
1 2 3
4 5 6
SpanishRose77

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 06, 2008, 11:55:48 am »

Love it.  Thanks!
SpanishRose77

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 06, 2008, 12:09:41 pm »

And thanks to Alasdair below me for giving updated info on where to get the meshes.
Alasdair

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 06, 2008, 12:18:08 pm »

No problem, but let me correct my earlier post #70.

Follow that link and the first part of the instructions but you need all 6 files on page 19.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 04:25:15 pm by Alasdair » Logged
violetlass

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 15, 2008, 11:36:17 pm »

I saw this career about 6 months ago. I was not impressed. Too many geisha levels that are the same. I am using some of the kimono meshes found on BV and recoloring them, I am also using the meshes found on the website and recoloring them. The Geisha Career I am slowly working on; because of the lack of time I have to work on it, and waiting to find someone to design a career reward object (wanting a shamisen.) But I hope to have it up soon.

Friends help you move; bestfriends help you move bodies!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  

Jump to: