Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 12:19:49 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: altering energy/comfort ratings on beds?  (Read 3721 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Xylune

View Profile WWW
« on: April 25, 2006, 07:12:46 am »

I have searched until my eyes started crossing on MTS2, but there are so many tutorials and no matter what word combo I use, I can never find the answer to my question.

My problem is that I really like the new shell and castle beds that came with the FFS expansion, but their energy and comfort rating are so low they aren't worth keeping as more than decoration.  I would like to clone them in SimPE and change the energy and comfort value on them and perhaps knock the price up a bit to reflect the greater value.  I don't want to change the maxis beds, just make new versions of them that are as functional as they are decorative.

I have gone through all of the object workshop tutorials and meshing tutorials, but I cannot find the answer to my question.  How do I clone and then change the energy/comfort ratings of Maxis beds?  The only thing I've seen available for changing is the description and price.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Visit my site for original fantasy fiction (Warning: my stories include male/male romance)
Beyond the Ninth Wave
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2006, 07:11:07 pm »

hrm - i think that information may be on the SimPE forum

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
jase439

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2006, 09:05:49 pm »

The motive recovery values are likely stored in BCON tables for the bed.  You'll have to look at the bed behaviors in SimPE to see where in those tables those values are coming from.

"Craaaazy...toys in the attic...I am craaaazy...truly gone fishing...they must have taken my marbles away..."
Xylune

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2006, 10:43:09 pm »

Okay, I'll try that.  Thanks, jase.

Visit my site for original fantasy fiction (Warning: my stories include male/male romance)
Beyond the Ninth Wave
jase439

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2006, 11:40:51 pm »

Xylune,

The behavior you want is in Bedglobals (0x7F4437F2) : 0x2018 "Sleep - Set Motives"...

The BCON's that affect energy and comfort are:

Energy - BCON 0x1001:0x02 (in units per hour)
Comfort - BCON 0x1001:0x00 (in units per hour)

Each bed will have its own unique 0x1001 BCON table (Tuning - Sleep)...so you should be able to set these for your custom bed and it oughta just work.

So for example, the Art Nouveau bed (0x7F4E1314) has an energy recovery of 36 units per hour and a comfort recovery of 60.  The Single Cheap bed (0x7F29D438 ) has an energy recovery of 25 units per hour and a comfort recovery of 10.

Hope this helps.

J
« Last Edit: April 25, 2006, 11:48:11 pm by jase439 » Logged

"Craaaazy...toys in the attic...I am craaaazy...truly gone fishing...they must have taken my marbles away..."
Xylune

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2006, 04:26:24 pm »

Thanks so much, jase.  I knew there had to be a way to do it because none of the Maxis beds have a rating of 10 but I've downloaded custom furniture that does.  Much appreciated!

Beyond the Ninth Wave
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: