Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 08:07:28 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: SynapticSim's Wings Accessory  (Read 14266 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
SynapticSim

View Profile WWW
« on: February 27, 2009, 03:44:39 am »

Hi People!

I loved winged Sims as much as the next guy, but something always bothered me about them.  Most of the ones available are either flat as paper or move to artificially.  So for a while now I've longed for some wings that would make me happy.  Then one day a few weeks ago I had a brain storm!  (Dangerous, I know!)  I decided to go into the game files, steal the Parrot that came with the Pets EP, hack it's wings off and somehow attach them to a sim.

You can imagine my shock when it actually worked!?!?!

So without further ado, I bring you, SynapticSim's Wings Accessory!

As you can see they come in 5 wonderful colors, including the base Parrot color that can open the door for many types of recolors.  And you guessed it, they are fully recolorable.

Something else always bothered me about the wings.  Based on the ones available, you could either have some that were outstretched at all times, OR, you could have some that were folded down at all times.  However, neither of these looked the same, so if you changed from one to the other, it looked like you Sim had suddenly mutated their own wings.  So I decided once I could get the Outstretched Wings working, I'd also create some that were folded down.  Let's face it, if you had wings, wouldn't you get tired holding them out straight at all times?  Therefore, I bring you, SynapticSim's Folded Wings Accessory!

Now, you might still be asking yourself what's so special about these wings?  Well, that's my favorite part!  Some of the wings out there are attached to the sim via a central point on the back, or even assigned to the sims body via the head.  My wings however are assigned seperately to the shoulderblade on each respective side.  What does this mean for you?  When your Sim moves their left arm, the left wing will go in a similar direction, and visa versa.  When in action, it almost looks as if the wings act independently of themselves.  This also means no more wings suddenly shooting through the abdomen of the sim wearing them.  It really must be seen to understand, lol.

Obviously, there isn't a way around the fact that the wings will move through walls, furniture, and even sims.  Sorry, but there's just no way to prevent that.

Mesh Specifics:

Faces:  1080
Vertices:  982

Policy:

You may include this mesh with your uploads, but please give credit to me, SynapticSim and provide a link either to this thread, or to my site, SynapticSim's Lair:  http://s11.zetaboards.com/SynapticSims_Lair/index/  I would also love to see what you've done, so send me a PM or something Smiley

You may NOT include this mesh on any Paysite or The Exchange.

Please Enjoy!

~ Syn

Edit:  I now have included the right files, the wings are now wearable with all categories of clothing.  Sorry!

* Syn's Wings Mesh.jpg (82.4 KB, 820x615 - viewed 46024 times.)
* SynapticSim's Folded Wings Accessory and Recolors.rar (106.33 KB - downloaded 1242 times.)
* SynapticSim's Wings Accessory and Recolors.rar (110.27 KB - downloaded 1222 times.)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 01:33:19 pm by SynapticSim » Logged

Join SynapticSim's Lair Today!
Downloads!  Discussions!  Stories!  Art!  Check it out!
wawayaya

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2009, 10:58:49 am »

OMFG amazing! Goodjob
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2009, 12:15:37 pm »

Syn I love you! Thanks hon! *glee*

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Ali
Short, fat n Cuddly!
Admin

I got a luverly bunch of c.... oops, wrong site!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2009, 07:26:55 am »

Syn, these are outstanding 2thumb thanks for sharing them Cheesy

"They're a rum lot, the Yorkshire folk. You can't fool them, you certainly can't get away with much and they call a spade a spade. Or rather, they call a spade 'a bloody shovel'" Mark Addy
ShadowGuardian
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2009, 09:02:10 pm »

These are the best wings I have ever downloaded. I use them CONSTANTLY thanks!
Now I need recolors.. and I'm too lame to know how to do it myself XD
ArthaRose
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2009, 11:34:22 pm »

Are these recolorable?  *Has a few color variances in mind, including Hawk, Golden Eagle, sparkling, and a few recolors especially for my characters.. hehe
SynapticSim

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2010, 12:16:00 am »

Yes ArthaRose, they are fully recolorable.  Sorry I didn't respond sooner.

~ Syn

Join SynapticSim's Lair Today!
Downloads!  Discussions!  Stories!  Art!  Check it out!
Artha

If in doubt, poke it. *poke*

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2010, 07:18:31 am »

Hey I have a question for ya Syn...
Is it allright if I have somebody convert these to the Sims 3?  Because these wings are awesome!
(I also posted on  Synaptic's Lair, sorry if I am a bother lol ) I just REALLLLLY want these for the Sims 3 cause I use them so very much in the Sims 2 :3
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: