Insimenator.org
April 20, 2024, 05:02:50 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Crashing.....  (Read 2168 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
tubegal1988

View Profile
« on: March 02, 2009, 02:59:21 pm »

- Begins to hit computer -  Headwall
WHY WONT YOU WORK!!!

argh.
okay
so --
this past week i picked up playing the sims 2 again.
i only downloaded the ORIGINAL version.
i did a load of research looking for great custom content...
but every time i went to start it i would freeze up. so i was like okay.
i got the download organizer from mts2 and everything, but it continued to not work.
so i was like okay...
went uninstalled it and installed it again.
this time, i again got a lot of custom content (mainly different stuff this time..), because i wanted to make the cullen house for my friend [we are big twilight fans]
no now every time i start the game up, it crashes.
i got the download organizer thing again, and this time, i got delphy's organizer too....
AND i did do the process of elimination thing, and tried to narrow it down to the source [unlike last time],

but it STILL keeps crashing!

help?
 Cry3

PS-
Where does it crash, you might ask..
well -- the first time it froze while loading on the first screen, like after the ea games challenge everything, and the movie thing
it would load until there was one little thing left  [so it would be like --------_ ] and then it would freeze

NOW it just freezes before it even starts to load.  Cry

Hit any user to continue. How many of you believe in telekinesis? Raise my hand.Bad command or filename. Go stand in the corner. I’m failing geometry because I refuse to believe that pie are squared. Bad command or filename. Go stand in the corner. A tree only hits an automobile in self-defense. If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2009, 03:03:49 pm »

When you say you downloaded the game, was it a legal copy?

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
tubegal1988

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2009, 05:17:02 pm »

When you say you downloaded the game, was it a legal copy?

yes.

Hit any user to continue. How many of you believe in telekinesis? Raise my hand.Bad command or filename. Go stand in the corner. I’m failing geometry because I refuse to believe that pie are squared. Bad command or filename. Go stand in the corner. A tree only hits an automobile in self-defense. If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2009, 05:48:10 pm »

Take out all custom content and fire up a clean game. This is the easiest way to see if the crashing is caused by the CC or by the game itself. Let us know how you go with firing up a clean game.

When downloading custom content, make sure that you only download stuff that is compatible with the base game only since that is all you have. Putting in CC that was made for other EPs is going to cause you problems.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
tubegal1988

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2009, 05:58:21 pm »

Take out all custom content and fire up a clean game. This is the easiest way to see if the crashing is caused by the CC or by the game itself. Let us know how you go with firing up a clean game.

When downloading custom content, make sure that you only download stuff that is compatible with the base game only since that is all you have. Putting in CC that was made for other EPs is going to cause you problems.

i know its the game because i played at my friends house where i reinstalled the game.
is there any program that checks if things are compatible with my ep?

side note:
we made our math teacher.
She's really mean so we made her marry a guy we named the devil
and we made her have a really ugly child named devil spawn
so when u click on the book case it says: "read to devil spawn"
hilarious.

SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2009, 11:17:16 pm »

Not to be rude or anything but like Engram stated you cannot have ANY cc that is not base-game compatiable so in other words what cc you download should not have any other symbol except for the green Sims2 plumbob/diamond, if you want your game to work again I would say to take out or possibly delete your downloads folder start a newly installed game and ONLY download custom content that works only for your base-game nothing else, if you do then you will likely keep seeing the same problems Undecided
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: