Insimenator.org
April 26, 2024, 12:19:30 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tips on how to get your sims to meet?  (Read 2459 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
ghettoblaster

View Profile
« on: March 03, 2009, 10:31:46 pm »

Hi everyone   Grin
I know this topic is gonna make me look like a total newbie at the sims.
I'm actually not, but i've never been able to figure out how to get your sims from separate families to meet.
I often make like two different sims in two different families, with a plan of making them meet
and fall in love and have kids etc etc, but i make them as teens or w/e because i want to.. uh.. give them
a story before that ehehe Cheesy anyways.
Usually i just move them in next to eachother and hope for them to meet, but sometimes, this just doesn't
happen. I often match their turn-ons with each other and call matchmaking service, but sometimes this doesn't
work either. Any ideas?
(There's probably something really obvious that i haven't thought about Embarrassed so thats why i decided to make this topic)

Thanks guysssssss
Smiley

--<br />the world's got a nosebleed
amc462000
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009, 10:35:26 pm »

meeting seems to be easier on community lots to me.
Dmcclure1

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2009, 11:24:05 pm »

I have AL, which makes this WAY easier, you can just walk across the hall and knock on the door. Other that that I just played the waiting game. or you could use: Boolprop testingCheatsEnabled true and shift-click the mail box and click on "make me know everyone" then call the Sim you want to get to know. Cheesy
hope I helped.
Happy Simming

vickylougrl

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2009, 11:53:23 pm »

If you have OFB maybe you could have one of them open a community business nearby and see if they show up while playing that lot?  Might up the chances of the sims crossing paths.

Coptic Text
Now, when you come under their power, one of them who is the overseer will say to you: "Who are you, and where are you from?"

You are then to say to him, "I am a child of humanity and I am from the Source."
DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2009, 12:08:20 am »

I use the inSim mod to summon the members I want to the home. For example, in my game I have two (cas family) teens I wanted to have kinda of been aquaintances/grown up together.  I used the summoner to bring her to the lot on the day they moved in then let them chat so that she would be in his friends list to call.

I only use it for the first meeting because when you summon a sim it's not a natural game occurance but the relationship will be; so say if you summon her to his house and save your game went you come back to your game the previously summoned sim will not be at the house still (but the friendship will still be in his list).

You can also use inSim to simply make all the people on a lot friends or even friend the entire neighborhood with a click or two...but I don't use the second option because (when I did before) it even friended the repo man Eyebrow and the social bunny, & who wants the nutty bunny as a bff  Confused

Ok ok even social bunnies may need love but not from my sims Giggle.   

A reminder if you use the inSimenator: 

1- it goes in your downloads folder

2- only use one version of it

3- understand that it is not supported by this website--Don't ask if it will be upgraded, etc as it will not. 
    I dont think the tutorials on it's use made it to these threads. but there are a few on here:

http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?title=InSimenator

4- that said I use the mod in my game I will help you if you have a question or two.

Oh and also creator Christianlov (MTS2) has an "easyphone" mod:  http://www.modthesims2.com/download.php?t=293793

You can use this to invite a sim over who doesn't have a phone; also has an easy call feature that will open a neighborhood phonebook to invite any unknown sim to your lot (and they'll all say "sure! be right over!" )
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 12:34:16 am by DaSpecial1 » Logged

Sims by Dasi:

Care

contimplation or constipation?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2009, 12:21:19 am »

I too use insim for that Smiley

kinnika

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2009, 09:07:51 am »

I'm with Care on this.

I do the same thing you do. I make two Sims in separate families to fall in love and start families. So, I use a lot of the Insimenator toys like the Summoner, the Relationship Adjuster, the Quick Relations and the Social Adjuster (to make dates and outings hours longer).

Check it out.

"[T]here's a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing[.]"; Hence: There are a lot of great Sims stuff out there for free that are just as good as name brands you pay for!

So please, take note: http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/
ghettoblaster

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2009, 12:47:59 pm »

okay thank you so much guys.
ill try the boolprop (edit: but that was a pain sorta and now i can't take it back haha
oh well, at least now they know each other) thing first then i'll check out the insim things when i'm home again
(im currently on vacation in the us actually  Cheesy)
ill read the replies more carefully later. i really do love this website. everyone's so helpful  Heart3
thank you!
« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 11:26:38 am by ghettoblaster » Logged

--<br />the world's got a nosebleed
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: