Insimenator.org
April 26, 2024, 10:46:40 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Farrah Fawcett circa late 1970's  (Read 7768 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
summersong86

View Profile
« on: August 26, 2007, 01:43:37 pm »

This is my first upload to this forum, I am so nervous! I have been working on this Sim for a whole year, in tandem with a Debbie Harry sim I am still tweaking.  I have played the prototypes through all sorts of storylines and romances.  After a long hiatus from creating to deal with cancer in the family I got a chance to pick back up and refine my prototype Farrah.  Alas, Vera Marina on MTS2 beat me to it and uploaded a fabulous Farrah.  

Oh well I hope you enjoy my version of Farrah.  She is based partly off a doll I owned when I was a child and whose visage I still well remember to this day.  

I know the likeness is not completely precise, and that is intentional.  I'm not kidding.  I had a precise version and she was not as pretty, though the shapes and proportions were more accurate.  Farrah was a celebrated sex symbol in her day, but if you study her closely, you realize she did not have the facial structure of a so-called "classic beauty".  That makes for a funky looking sim if you strive for complete accuracy.  So I strove instead for a balance between recognizability and aesthetics.

About the download:
Eyes by Bruno of MTS2 Cybereyes, Army of Me  This link is to another of his eye sets, and when their site goes back up I will get the correct link to Cybereyes, but for now this at least can get you to his profile if you can get through at all: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=229117

Hair--Farrah is packaged with a Maxis base game bun. To get the custom feathery hair, please download the separate hair package file provided, but first go to XM Sims and obtain this mesh: http://www.xmsims.com/sims2/ehtm/hair/hair53.htm
This hair is a custom alpha edit by me but is a recolor and remix of this hair by Lushlesslady: (site down, link to be posted asap)  It doesn't show in the photo, but I after the photos were taken, I fixed the adult version of the hair so there's not an odd gap showing in the front.

Cosmetics are included with the sim and include eye shadow and eyeliner by Rose of http://www.rosesims2.net The sim looks okay without the eye makeup but maybe a wee bit crosseyed and haggard.  The eye makeup centers the gaze a bit better and improves the resemblance to the real actress.

Helaene Realistic 2-6 brows from http://www.helaene.com INCLUDED

Skintone by me based on Farrah photo and body model from Models.com

Packaged with maxis blue sweatshirt and jeans as shown.

The alternate hairstyle shown with the bangs lower down on the face is by Nouk, called Charming Hair, and may be downloaded from here: http://www.noukiesims2.net/

WHEN YOU GO TO DOWNLOAD, THE SIM FILE IS THE ONE CALLED SS86 FarrahFawcett.  The other file is for the hairstyle, if you so desire it.

EDIT: Extra, extra, read all about it...breaking news...stupid SummerSong somehow missed this awesome hair that is PERFECT for Farrah, by Rock Chick: http://www.modthesims2.com/creator/showthread.php?t=244428 It's not as poofy as the style the real Farrah is wearing in the photo, but I have other photos of Farrah where she IS wearing her hair very similar to the Raon mesh that Rock Chick edited and retextured.

* FarrahReference copy.jpg (67.5 KB, 561x667 - viewed 30287 times.)
* SS86_FarrahFawcett_8262007.zip (3192.45 KB - downloaded 592 times.)
* 5eb4a587_XMLushlessladyFF.zip (1559.1 KB - downloaded 508 times.)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 05:43:10 am by caffeinated.joy » Logged
kim

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2007, 02:37:08 pm »

Nice Job

Rock Chick

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2007, 05:29:36 pm »

Great to see you here, your work is always outstanding xx

custus

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2007, 08:53:15 pm »

very well done - thank you for sharing your talent
Missaldith

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2007, 03:47:31 am »

Don`t be nervous. I think that you can be quite safe in this Forum where all of us simlovers can show and exchange our work. You did a great job. I remember Farrah and she was a sexsymbol and as you say, she is (was) not a classic beauty but you don`t have to be to be beautiful. It`s all about radiation and what comes from inside. Well, back to your sim. She is very beautiful so I look forward to seeing more sims from you. Thanks!

Primavera

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2007, 05:06:33 am »

I cannot resist, he,he,he!
I was so curious! I love it, is very nice!
See you,
Vera Marina
« Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 05:09:26 am by Primavera » Logged
summersong86

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2007, 05:56:43 am »

Quote from: Primavera;902927
I cannot resist, he,he,he!
I was so curious! I love it, is very nice!
See you,
Vera Marina
Thank you for looking at my Farrah.  I'm glad you like her.  I never could get the mouth and jaw to work out as well as you did with yours.  Chins and jaws have always been the tough parts for me.  I also think my Farrah looks a little bit cross-eyed.  A lot of my more recent sims do and I can not seem to correct that without messing up the entire face.  I probably should not work late into the night until I'm cross-eyed, myself! Cheesy  But I really wanted to get this sim up because I am happy with her skintone.  In fact I made several different shades of this skintone and a Jennifer Aniston skintone and will upload sims with those skins here and at MTS2.
summersong86

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2007, 06:00:19 am »

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome and encouragement.  RockChick...lol--I am so upset that AFTER I did this upload, I found that you had made the PERFECT hair for this sim.  I'm going to edit my post to let people know.
kathy
TRAITOR

Rotten traitor

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2007, 05:28:53 am »

Fabulous job!
SimmySue29

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2009, 12:25:15 am »

Awesome!

Thank you.
Pages: [1]