Insimenator.org
April 28, 2024, 04:51:05 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Your 30 days are up...  (Read 1972 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
kinnika

View Profile
« on: March 10, 2009, 10:51:17 am »

This is actually a question about the Insimenator site.

I was using the search engine and looked up some things that haven't been responded to, or have been given the right answer to, that actually would be useful information for me. However, it was past the 30 day posting rule to answer back.

Where can I find this rule? And without sounding disrespectful, I was just wondering exactly why this rule was placed. Seems a little redundant to recopy the entire problem. Especially when there are 10 responses to the initial post.

"[T]here's a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing[.]"; Hence: There are a lot of great Sims stuff out there for free that are just as good as name brands you pay for!

So please, take note: http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2009, 11:06:08 am »

It's in the site rules. It's not expressly forbidden to post in a topic in which the last post is over 30 days old. It's just not allowed if you're not bringing any new and relevant information to the thread topic. The exact rule you're looking for is:

No raising the dead - if the last post on a thread is older than a month and you would not be bringing any new information to the thread then do not post or you will be fed to the rabid munchkins!

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
kinnika

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2009, 11:19:06 am »

Wow, wouldn't want those rabid munchkins after me!

Well, thanks for clarifying caffeinated joy. So, basically, one would just need to re-ask for info or request for an object already asked for in the past all over again?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 03:34:32 pm by kinnika » Logged

"[T]here's a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing[.]"; Hence: There are a lot of great Sims stuff out there for free that are just as good as name brands you pay for!

So please, take note: http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/
simpleprincess
Princess in training.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2009, 11:43:52 am »

I actually wondering the same thing as ive got unanswered and still need help posts that are well over a month or have been pushed down the pages by new threads by other people so it gets forgotton about for months.
kaoz666
J.M. Pescado Supporter

IN-FRAKKIN'-CREDIBLE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2009, 12:05:37 pm »

Ok, here's a twist to Kinnika's initial question. In the Pictures Board, there are TONS of threads that haven't been replied to since January, and I do have pics I'd like to contribute to these threads (Examples: Picks of Pets and Made Over Maxis Sims respectively). Would it be frowned upon for me to resurrect the threads both subjects fall under, seeing as it's been well over a month since anything has been posted in them?

Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2009, 11:59:12 pm »

kaoz: that would probably be OK. The main clause in that rule seems to be "you would not be bringing any new information to the thread". Posting a new, previously unposted picture would be new information and would likely not be frowned upon. I think the rule is mainly in place so that help and WCIF questions don't get resurrected simply by someone saying "I want to know, too", which brings no new and relevant information to the topic and the person would be best served by creating a new topic.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: