Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 08:23:12 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Community effort needed. PLEASE help!!  (Read 27966 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2009, 11:33:02 am »

Beos hasn't had anything to do with Marvine since she retired, so I dunno if he has permission to host her works or not. Back when this site was set up, we were informed that we have her permission to host her works. Now, we've not heard otherwise so yes, we STILL have her permission to host her creations and nothing he does can affect that.

He did nothing but hurt his own reputation by doing what he did, as well as the users that want to download her stuff. It's not fair, it's not right and it's not gonna fly. He's whined so  much about the rights of creators and then he goes and deletes stuff that he had no right to because he didn't make it. What does that tell you about the way he respects anything other than his own stuff? No.

We aren't going to let that happen. Marvine said it could be here and she was happy for it to be here. Until the day she communicates with us and asks/tells us that she wishes it to be removed, it stays. And for our members, we will search it out and replace what was removed without her express permission.

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
jmtmom

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2009, 02:43:23 pm »

BeosBoxBoy has started a site with many of Marvine's skins along with a host of others.  I don't know if this effects the permission Marvine gave this site or not, but it's probably worth looking into.

Marvine gave permission to host her stuff here. It doesn't matter if it's hosted elsewhere too. The point is someone else doesn't have the right to pull her stuff, only she does. Her policy was anyone could include her meshes if they didn't go to the exchange or to a pay site.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2009, 06:27:32 pm »

You know, all I did was make a post about where some of Marvine's things could be found.  I sure wasn't expecting to have people jumping down my throat because I suggested something in a thread asking for community effort in finding Marvine's creations.

I didn't feel I was out of place in suggesting Marvine's policy may have changed.  Y'all say it hasn't and that's good enough for me.  But instead there are two hostile responses because I was trying to help. 

I stopped using BBB's work and having any respect for him years ago.  Shortly after than, I lost respect for Kathy and stopped coming here.  With both of them gone, I had hopes of this being a friendly site again.  Ah, to dream.
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2009, 06:39:51 pm »

I didn't mean to be hostile, hon, it's just been a very tense time and I apologize if you feel that I was attacking, I honestly didn't mean to come off like that. This whole thing of getting back on our feet has been difficult, so when something like this goes on, it puts you off of your stride.

DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2009, 07:34:13 pm »

After followed the link offered I arrived at Beos current site/blog.  It has an intentionally in-your-face openly hostile feel to it; makes you feel as if you are not only downloading his stuff but also agreeing to join his argument.  I think everyone appreciates all efforts in locating these things, but I can certainly understand that the prerequisite for retrieving any items from him seems to be groveling and the reward (along with the CC is) a slap in the face.

Thankfully I missed whatever past Beos-debacle occured to start this.  As I read the posts it seems the steam is solely aimed at Beos & (not purposely) directed towards you Ancient.

Heavens I hope we all stay happy.   I enjoy the atmosphere here.  We definitely need to retain long-term members 'cause lord help us if newbies like me have to give advice on gameplay, lol Hmmm--that would indeed turn the dream to a nightmare. 

Sims by Dasi:

caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2009, 07:52:38 pm »

I don't think anyone was being hostile, Ancient. It looked to me like they were just trying to inform you of the facts. It's one of the hard things with online written communication. Everyone reads things differently. Sometimes we need to stand back and re-read what we're typing to make sure it's not going to be misconstrued, and other times we have to re-read to make sure we're not seeing a slight where none is intended Smiley.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
jmtmom

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2009, 08:51:04 pm »

You know, all I did was make a post about where some of Marvine's things could be found.  I sure wasn't expecting to have people jumping down my throat because I suggested something in a thread asking for community effort in finding Marvine's creations.

I didn't feel I was out of place in suggesting Marvine's policy may have changed.  Y'all say it hasn't and that's good enough for me.  But instead there are two hostile responses because I was trying to help. 

I stopped using BBB's work and having any respect for him years ago.  Shortly after than, I lost respect for Kathy and stopped coming here.  With both of them gone, I had hopes of this being a friendly site again.  Ah, to dream.

I certainly didn't intend to be hostile, I'm sorry if it came off that way.  Undecided
Ali
Short, fat n Cuddly!
Admin

I got a luverly bunch of c.... oops, wrong site!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2009, 01:32:19 pm »

you shouldn't have to dream Ancient, I certainly do hope that this IS a friendly site - there were many that were driven away and many of us that were nearly driven away by the attitudes - hopefully that's all in the past and we're back to being a big smushy family OK, you can go be sick now LOL

Anyhoo ... back on topic

thanks for Marvine's files, we'll get them back in the threads asap Cheesy

"They're a rum lot, the Yorkshire folk. You can't fool them, you certainly can't get away with much and they call a spade a spade. Or rather, they call a spade 'a bloody shovel'" Mark Addy
Halloweenscorpio

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2009, 08:44:39 am »

I have several waterfall-matchingrockssets, her ladder, spiral stairs and matching railing, and two clothing files- 5fa1d750 FMMarvine1 & 5f795bb0 FMMarvine2
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2009, 01:20:13 am »

I do have a huge collection of mainly Athletic stuff not just from Marvine but also from Kathy and BBB since they are harder to find these days. Aside from the history behind Kathy and BBB's presences on the old site, their works are at least appreciated and were actually based off Marvine's original works. So, that's pretty much my opinion.

If you want, I can zip up the collection and upload for you later to sort. They are subfoldered with specific names as I am pretty much organized with my CC. There are also some of Marvine's works with the heels and dresses too. These files are also clearly labeled as they were when I installed them, most of the works were labeled as Mar/Ju and others as general by Kathy and BBB.

**EDITED**

I'll have to break up my collection into two or more parts because the collection is around 3GB pre-Walt. When I am able to, I will upload them to Mediafire.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2009, 12:41:39 am by Chaavik » Logged

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
Shadoesim

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2009, 07:22:05 pm »

I have a bunch of stuff from Marvine, too with their original zips. If you need anything, I can be of assistance as well.
gypsyrose

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2009, 04:17:47 pm »

I don't know if it helps but Marvine is over at Mod the Sims 2 Cheerleader

I'm not crazy, I'm just unwell and heavily medicated for your safety.
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2009, 06:12:35 pm »

Those posts of hers are pretty old, though. Thanks any how.

Starfishy-chan

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2009, 01:57:42 pm »

You can get all of her Androgeny meshes over here (both the nude ones from InsimAdult and all of the clothing meshes from regular InSim) and put them back in her section. Cheesy
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2009, 02:27:24 pm »

Thank you, but those are Gothplague's, not Marvine's or BBB's. We're looking for Marvine's and BBB's missing downloads Smiley.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: