Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 06:36:49 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help with Moniter issues?  (Read 3946 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Care

contimplation or constipation?

View Profile WWW
« on: March 08, 2009, 06:06:37 pm »

I just got a new moniter my old one had about had it. Loved it, but was time. This one is a 22' widescreen, 1680x1050 I played with it before I messed with playing the game in windowed mode. It was fine, now this is what happens anyone know how to fix it?

I hate that the window of clothes goes over my sims? I can't screen capture stuff in CAS right like that.

caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2009, 06:26:14 pm »

I have the same resolution monitor and I just put up with it. As far as i know there's no way to fix it.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Care

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2009, 06:58:51 pm »

huh that is strange, cause when I first used it it wasn't like that till I messed with windowed mode trying to adjust colors etc? Oh well Thank you *pouts* I want it normal LOL..

amc462000
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2009, 07:37:34 pm »

changing the resolution in-game doesn't make any difference?
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2009, 08:57:28 pm »

There is a fix for this here.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
Care

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2009, 11:16:45 pm »

nope changing ingame res doesnt help tried it.. Thanks for that link Engram trying it out now Smiley

Razamataz

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2009, 08:06:29 am »

I don't know if in game cas will do same as bodyshop but for just a screen cap try hitting F9 It should hide all menu items for the screen cap., then F9 back once done.
nina

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2009, 08:24:19 pm »

I had all kinds of problems when I changed to a new wide LCD. I actually play on a Mac, but this should work pretty much the same on Windows:
On starting up the game (from the game app icon, not an alias), press and hold Command or Alt (depending on your keyboard). This will bring up a graphics options dialogue box where you can...
* Set your screen resolution more efficiently than with the in-game graphics options
* Check 'Use Stretched Resolutions' box, which ought to cure your CAF problem
* Uncheck 'Optimise Rendering' box, which may improve in-game performance

Playing TS2 + Uni. to Pets on Intel Mac
Care

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2009, 08:53:34 pm »

neither of those work but thank you for trying to help I have done w few things and it's a tad better. I guess I just live with it Smiley

nina

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2009, 12:05:30 am »

Oops! I should've said Uncheck 'Use stretched Resolutions'... but it seems you've probably fiddled yourself (ooer!) to distraction over this annoyance with your wide display (snigger!) already.

Playing TS2 + Uni. to Pets on Intel Mac
Care

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2009, 03:17:46 pm »

I couldn't even try what you said cause holding the alt key didn't bring up anything for me?

Casual Dude

Happy suiside.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2009, 04:46:02 am »

This is a suggestion, but you could try and make the same sim in bodyshop instead? because theres a shortcut key on that to make the AV/AI (or whatever its called) panel to disappear and make the camera free to move.

I deleted my whole damn downloads. Big mistake :@
Care

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2009, 11:03:00 am »

yeah it's just so small in bodyshop I just like CAS for quick shots I have since figured ways around it but ty Smiley

Casual Dude

Happy suiside.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2009, 11:19:00 am »

yeah it's just so small in bodyshop I just like CAS for quick shots I have since figured ways around it but ty Smiley
You can get a standalone application to deal with the size issue raised by BodyShop (it changes the window to either 1024x768 or fullscreen) which you can find here.

I also wait for a good screen fix. I set my resolution to 960x600px so i could get good wide photos (i have a 1024x768px monitor).

I deleted my whole damn downloads. Big mistake :@
Care

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2009, 09:08:15 pm »

Mines 1680x1050 ugh I use the fix's mentioned above by engram along with http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,31115.0.html and it works out ok.. May try your idea thankz

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: