Insimenator.org
April 18, 2024, 02:41:03 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: How Do You Play Your Game?  (Read 8119 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Madison-Simple-As-That

View Profile
« on: March 09, 2009, 07:23:02 pm »

How do you play your Sims 2 game? Like, do you cheat and age the kids up, send them to college, and then move them into their own houses, or don't cheat, or do you move grandma and grandpa in with their kids after they are grown?

I play regularly when it comes to age, but I cheat at their motives, and sometimes moneyz and I cheat at partners, jobs, boolprop, ETC. But I never age up my sims unless I'm playing on a test hood. But, I ALWAYS use maxmotives.

And, after all of the kids graduate, I pick a heir like they do in legacies, and move them in with their parents. If I don't move at least one of the kids in with their parents, then I'll abandon the parents and never play with them. All of the other kids not chosen, well sometimes I still play with them in their own house. That's why usually my sims only have about 2 kids. No more than 3, unless none of the kids will have their own children!

Please Reply. Grin

I am Madi_Loves_Yew.
Feisty32
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2009, 09:03:53 pm »

i cheat 24/7 i use the motherlode cheat and some hacks i have on my game and i make my sims lives an ever loving nightmare muahahahahaha and i build them nice houses.  Evil Laugh Tee Hee Poke Jump Laugh ROFL ROFL2
kaoz666
J.M. Pescado Supporter

IN-FRAKKIN'-CREDIBLE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2009, 09:29:02 pm »

The way I play the game is rather interesting. I've created a crap load of sims, single sims, sim families, the works. I'll use cash cheats for my larger households (anything more then 4 sims), and the motives cheat when I need to perk everyone up on a lot fast. As far as my tendencies in aging, I tend to bypass the baby and toddler stages a lot. I'll teach toddlers how to walk, talk and potty so that they have the memories, but once they do, I aged them into children immediately. From there I let them age naturally. Once a teen gets to 4 days until adulthood, that's when I send them to college. In college, it depends on my like of the the sims as far as who I play. Some of my young adults I let take a natural course, so I speed the schooling process up to a certain point, then let things take their course. Once they're adults, it's on to moving them into their own lots and starting their own families. I'm VERY selective in my sim breeding. I hook up sims that make the best looking offspring (though not the best in the personality department...lol). My largest family is in it's 5th generation, with the 1st generation mother and father passed on. I tend to keep my Elders happy and healthy so that they live out there final days positively. I'm pretty much sensible and "nice" to my sims, though there are a few that I experiment with making their lives a living hell (Don't we all?). The most major aspect of my gaming is building relationships. I have lots of sims, and many of them all have varied relationships with each other. Some are friends, some are enemies, and everything in between. I've got a pair of sims in particular who have hated each other since childhood. Their both in college now, and having them on the same lot is like striking a match in a room filled with gas. Always fun to watch, lol.

Mooch

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2009, 03:20:55 pm »

I don't use cheats very much, but I often put my Sims aging on "pause" so they live longer! sometimes it seems like their lives are too short to do everything they want to do.
Karla!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2009, 09:37:50 pm »

that's pretty funny kaoz..
i tend to extend the baby stage to about 3 days..
then when they grow to a toddler, i extend it to like 10 days or something..it's my favorite age group!
children for me are about 10 days too and i always skip teens..they kind of bore me out
i never send my sims to college because it just takes toooooo long and makes no difference at all!
i know there are cheats and everything to go to college faster..but nehhh
once adults i marry them && LOVE taking them on dates ALL the time:D
once in they're on their final date..they woohoo in the car or photobooth
and get the woman pregnant =P

i ALWAYS have boolprop on and use it everytime i feel like
being lazy and not feeding o r bathing  my sims..
ohh, && inteen sure cant be out of my game either :]

Feisty32
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2009, 10:49:57 pm »

if i have a male sim who gets on my nerves really bad i put him in a house with 7 very hostile female sims and they all beat him up rofl. Evil Grin ROFL ROFL2
Siminatic

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2009, 07:49:34 am »

I love building houses...I think that is my favorite part.I try to match the sim to the house...Don Lothario has an ultra modern bachelor pad,the Pleasants have a brick colonial(for some reason I felt they weren't the modern house types),the Goths have a creepy brick house with an iron fence and so on.I usually create my own sims since I don't play the Maxis families much(except Strangetown,because I love General Buzz and the Curious boys).....I like to create 2 sims and move them into a house together and eventually marry them off.The goal is to eventually populate the neighborhood with all my own sims and just have a few Maxis made sims around so I can torture them Evil
I loathe the baby and toddler stages so I use Insim to age them up immediately.Then I let them age naturally...I love the kid sims,they are adorable(funny,since I don't like "real" kids all that much...go figure)I use Insim to max out their skills since I can't stand it when they burn down the kitchen making lobster thermidor(what is it about that dish they love so much?)but I pretty much let them do their own thing from there on out.I don't send a lot of my teens to college because I find it boring to play the college towns,but I make exceptions if the teen really seems to want to go.I always try to satisfy the lifetime goal as soon as I can so they can get that lifetime platinum plum bob.
It really depends on what I am in the mood to do...I built my own neighborhood and did nothing but build my own community lots and another time I took one of my sims to most of the lots in the downtown because I hadn't seen them yet.Like I said,it all depends on what I feel like doing.

If a kid asks where rain comes from,I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying."And if he asks why God is crying,another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did"Jack Handey
Feisty32
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2009, 09:18:59 am »

i remember long ago my sim offered the grim reaper 73 bucks to bring back a sim so he did'nt bring the sim back to life but took the sims 73 bucks wanting good ole grimmy to bring back his buddy and he called him a loser haha.ROFL ROFL2 Laugh Laugh2
Madison-Simple-As-That

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2009, 05:42:18 pm »

Coolio!

*edited!*
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 06:42:47 pm by Jelzi » Logged

I am Madi_Loves_Yew.
Feisty32
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2009, 12:46:39 am »

you could've sent me a message about that instead of posting a comment about that sheesh. Undecided Cry Sad

Jelzi hun just disregard what i said i apologize for getting short with ya i've just had a bad day that's all and i do apologize and yes i will  stop using ROFL2  so sorry for annoying you if i did with that smilie. Cheesy
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 01:17:39 am by Feisty32 » Logged
cuddles

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2009, 01:09:46 pm »

I always have 2 neighborhoods going. 1 is the normal hood, the other is a medieval hood/challenge hood. I found a challenge called “the end of the world” a while back and have modified it a bit to fit the medieval theme. I have 2 download folders that I switch around from the modern stuff to the medieval stuff depending on what I want to play that day Tongue I had them all combined at first but then it just got too confusing and the loading time was atrocious.

When I play my normal hood I always give my sims stories in my head and give them skills accordingly with the Skills adjustor (insimenator). So the adult I create never had to spend time “catching up” on skills from the childhood they never really “lived”. Sometimes I use motherlode if I feel like making them a nice house. Otherwise I just go with what they got.

After this I spend my time growing up their kids and trying to make interesting genetic combinations just to see what they look like Tongue I always tend to make black skinned families, Orientals, blonds, red heads etc and mix have their kids grow up and fall in love with each other to see what they will look like. Of course I always have some loners who become aliens or vampires etc as well and a few infamous romance sims to keep things interesting.

And as far as the challenge I do similar things except with the added bonus of the challenge hence no cheating (at least not as much, I will still sometimes change a sims personality traits and things like that). I really like the medieval theme since witches came along mind you  Smiley

If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing slowly . . . very slowly - Gypsy Rose Lee
Madison-Simple-As-That

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2009, 06:45:07 pm »

Lol cuddles. I like witches, but not the medivial theme so much, but it's everyone's opinion to theirselves.

It's fine Feisty, I just am all grumpy and get annoyed easily, so don't be bothered by mean old me.
Just I despise that smilie and seeing it made me want to stab it. Lol, I'm sorry.

I edited my post for you, too. Sorry if I embarassed you.

I am Madi_Loves_Yew.
Feisty32
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2009, 10:20:36 pm »

no problem Jelzi. Hug2
Madison-Simple-As-That

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2009, 06:37:57 am »

Call me Madi Wink

I was just playing my game and I keep cheating, should I feel guilty? lol

I always forget not to cheat and I cheat on my legacies. Oh well.

I am Madi_Loves_Yew.
cuddles

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2009, 11:39:37 am »

Bah, playing the game by the rules is boring anyways.

I seem to always end up using some form of "cheat" Even with my challenge hood, I give myself the freedom to cheat for certain things. But if I give myself permission then I am not cheating since I am making my own rules.

I figure as long  as I am having fun and no one is getting hurt (cept the sims Grin ) then it really just becomes my style of gaming.

If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing slowly . . . very slowly - Gypsy Rose Lee
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: