Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 10:46:31 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Flashes and Disappearences-FIXED!!!  (Read 2917 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
hawnsimmer
ilysvdmmr
Site Santa!

Smile!

View Profile
« on: March 12, 2009, 05:55:34 pm »

Hi!!! I have all EP's and Stuff Packs except Holiday and  M&G. My computer is a Vista Home Premium, Quad, newly installed graphics card ATI RADEON Sapphire HD 2400 Pro DirectX 10. My computer died, took it in, was the graphics card, the previous mentioned card was installed and updates on drivers. Reinstalled all Sims2 and all the patches,then I put in my backed up neighborhoods, downloads folder,etc., GunMods Camera-31 and CEP. Started the game and noticed that the "custom content" was already ENABLED. I know it should start off DISABLED...In Pleasantview noticed nothing wrong until I entered a household, alot of flashes, letting the game just run seems to stop the flashing but as soon as I use the mouse to control the Sims or move around the property it'll flash. Same in other households. Also buying or changing the color of an object made the household and neighboring houses disappear except for the floors, then reappear. I thought the card was no good, took it back with "AL" in the processor, they said the problem  it is not the card,they played the game, disabled custom content and said that it now works fine. I played with "CC" disabled with the same problems..took out my downloads folder, same, I took out GunMods Camera and the disappearing stopped but not the flashes. Changed out the mouse, tried new batteries, enabled, disabled, remove cache etc., though I haven't uninstalled/reinstalled yet...I welcome any help and suggestions!! The game seems fine otherwise..Thank You in advance...
« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 04:29:05 pm by hawnsimmer » Logged

Live Laugh Love
alesukm

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2009, 06:07:35 pm »

i'm assuming the flashes are blue. My blue flashes were a result of missing meshes so the only thing i can suggest is see if you missed anything during your transfering of files.
hawnsimmer
ilysvdmmr
Site Santa!

Smile!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2009, 06:50:16 pm »

No, Sorry, should have said it is not blue, everything is always seen..it is just a quick flash of the screen, when I move the cursor around. I would like to add that it also flashes in the "Neighborhood" view....hadn't noticed that before...in neighborhood view the water turns black during the flashes, it is a quick flash like lightning. Could it be the new graphics card or updated drivers? Maybe a better description than "flash" would be "flicker".
« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 12:13:20 am by hawnsimmer » Logged

Live Laugh Love
amc462000
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2009, 10:07:22 pm »

Have you updated Direct X? and what is your new card, what make I mean?
hawnsimmer
ilysvdmmr
Site Santa!

Smile!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2009, 10:41:11 pm »

I took it to a computer repair store where they installed the card and updated the drivers..I did not update the DirectX, don't know if they did..it is DirectX 10, ATI Radeon Sapphire HD 2400 Pro.

Live Laugh Love
hawnsimmer
ilysvdmmr
Site Santa!

Smile!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2009, 02:44:27 am »

Hi Again!! I believeI fixed the problems listed above!! I started the game, same flashes/flickers...I went into "Options", "Graphics/Performance Options" and moved the "Smooth Edges" from less to more and the problem ceased!!! Reinstalled GunMods Camera, Downloads folder and no problems!! I was just about to reinstall the graphics card and roll-back drivers!! Whew!! Thank You Both alesukm and amc462000 for responding, always appreciated!!!  Grin

Live Laugh Love
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: