Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 05:38:14 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Creativity Gain Enabled For Blogging & Diary / Requesting BV compatable version  (Read 4748 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
bellynn

View Profile
« on: March 13, 2009, 12:30:54 pm »

I was very excited to see your mod "Creativity Gain Enabled For Blogging & Diary". This is something I would really love to have in my game - my sims often write in their diaries and it would be nice to see them gain some creativity for it.

Would you be willing to consider making a version that is compatable with BV, and does not require FT or AL?
I have a Mac, and for Mac users the latest EP available is Bon Voyage. Mac users will likely never see any other EPs made available for us, so I would really appreciate if you would consider making this BV compatable.
I have all EPs up to and including BV. I have FFS and GL Stuff. I play TS2 on an Intel iMac running Leopard 10.5.4.

Thank you for considering this request. Smiley

TS2, Windows 7, All SP & EP M&G StuffPack
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2009, 11:13:57 pm »

Interesting idea.. I'm not a Mac person, but I do know a bit about them, just enough to operate one and do simple tasks but not more. And yeah, I heard that Mac people got shafted in the end with the slow process porting Sims 2 and its EPs/SPs over to Mac.

Well, can you use any of the mods from this site for BV? I am wondering..

And umm, I think I can try to get one done. I don't know if Mr Squinge has BV, but I do. If he wants to do one, that's fine. I just don't know enough about mods and Mac to say anything more. :/

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
bellynn

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2009, 12:30:49 am »

Interesting idea.. I'm not a Mac person, but I do know a bit about them, just enough to operate one and do simple tasks but not more.

LOL, that's about as much as I know about PC's  Grin

And yeah, I heard that Mac people got shafted in the end with the slow process porting Sims 2 and its EPs/SPs over to Mac.

:nods: We did. Although from what I heard, it was less about the slow porting process and more about EA holding out for more and more money.
That said, I'm not a real fan of Aspyr's porting or their (lack of) customer support, but ... since it's Aspyr or no Sims, *sighs* I live with it.

Well, can you use any of the mods from this site for BV? I am wondering..

Yes, but I don't know if either was specifically made for BV - one is that painting that's a "Date and Wealth Counter" and the other is "Easier Break Up - Less Relationship Change". They both seem to work fine for me.

And umm, I think I can try to get one done. I don't know if Mr Squinge has BV, but I do. If he wants to do one, that's fine. I just don't know enough about mods and Mac to say anything more. :/

Wow, that would be wonderful! Thanks in advance!

Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2009, 01:08:39 am »

But I will let him, Mr Squinge, have a say first to see if this mod is backwards compatible because some mods are backwards compatible with previous EPs. So let him verify first and let us know before one of us do anything.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2009, 07:06:06 pm »

You can't blog in BV that came with FT.

If you have a question about my mods post it here
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2009, 08:02:47 pm »

*Points to the Diary part*

Think that one is backwards compatible? I think she/he was primarily asking for a BV version of this mod request - the diary exists in base and up. I think that might be what she/he wanted, Mr Squinge. Smiley

Dancing Squirrels
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2009, 08:16:10 pm »

This mod is in testing.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 08:27:29 pm by Squinge » Logged

If you have a question about my mods post it here
bellynn

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2009, 08:19:10 pm »

Chaavik was right, I was interested in the diary part. Sorry I wasn't more clear about that.
And thank you both for your help.

Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2009, 08:58:07 pm »

Thought you were interested in the diary part of the request. Smiley

The mod did encounter a problem in testing, but it should be fixed and tested again soon. Check back again in a little while (a day or two) for further updates.

Dancing Squirrels
bellynn

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2009, 09:13:26 pm »

Thanks, I'll be looking forward to it Smiley

Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2009, 05:57:17 pm »

Creativity Gain Enabled For Diary - BV

Let us know if this mod works for you on your Mac. We don't have testers who use Macs (desktop and laptop).

Will keep this thread open until you let us know!

Dancing Squirrels
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: