Insimenator.org
April 26, 2024, 01:53:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Strange Error  (Read 2442 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« on: March 15, 2009, 02:20:24 am »

Hey guys this is nothing major but I was just wondering why the game sometimes pops up with a message before the game comes up saying something like "The application failed to initialize within the time period" huh I just took the game out and put it back in and started right up but that has come up like maybe 3 times since I installed AL, just wondering?... thanks you for any help

Today it came up again and I got to write down what exactly it said and it said The Sims 2 Apartment Life 'Unable to authenticate original disk within time period' Retry or Cancel I clicked on Cancel opened my disk tray up picked up the game set it back down and shut the drive then the game started right up, its weird its like its acting as if I pirated the software and its warning me not to continue! also I get errors telling me the game isn't inserted when it indeed is inserted, so how do I get that error when I read somewhere that people can play there game without the disk in the drive? huh
« Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 12:08:45 am by SimGirl20 » Logged
amc462000
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2009, 02:31:38 pm »

maybe it's your disk drive?
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2009, 11:10:31 pm »

Could be but not likely, its nothing major but I was curious on why it was popping up, and it only does it ever so often thanks amc
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2009, 11:18:17 pm »

You can play without the disc but we can't tell you how to do that here try googling it Wink

If you have a question about my mods post it here
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2009, 03:18:30 pm »

What is the point in playing without the disk exactly? thanks for the heads up squinge Wink
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2009, 03:35:00 pm »

It seems to load faster for me.

If you have a question about my mods post it here
Simsane

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2009, 03:38:50 pm »

Hi, I'm probably completely incorrect, but it sounds like a Securom problem to me.  I saw that there is a thread about Securom on this site, but haven't actually read it yet.  There is also some very good advice about Securom on other sites too, as well as instructions about how to remove it and still play.  I would check out More Awesome Than You's site.
Razamataz

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2009, 07:28:13 am »

SimGirl20 on the why use no CD its cause the removing and replacing disks can damage them if not carefull. Then your stuck getting a new disk. Without using the modified .exe's that are out there you can download the Sims 2 store install it and then your game will start without the CD being needed. The Sims 2 Store is linked over at the sims exchange top of screen.

with the slow message I'd try cleaning the CD its probaly dirty.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: