Insimenator.org
April 28, 2024, 02:40:39 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: hey my computer crashed but i got a new one, need someone's help  (Read 1877 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
yoyo23

View Profile
« on: March 15, 2009, 07:21:19 am »

i have all my sim games installed but i really need to get back all my custom content can someone copy there downloads file and upload it for me to download, please?

:worship: ignorance.is.bliss :worship:
saowens
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2009, 08:26:06 am »

Sorry to hear about your pc crash. Bummer.  Cry

I really doubt anyone could upload their download folder though since most of us have several gig of files and this site would not allow that big of a file. Not to mention that a lot of the creators don't allow posting of their creations on other sites.

You will most likely have to start over with downloading content.

I would recommend that you start looking here.

*link to booty removed*

Good luck!!
« Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 11:17:16 am by caffeinated.joy » Logged
VampyrMuffinMan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2009, 03:04:17 am »

i have all my sim games installed but i really need to get back all my custom content can someone copy there downloads file and upload it for me to download, please?

If your hard drive from your old computer is still viable, you can simply install it in your new computer and copy the files over that way.  That is the cheapest and easiest way.  Alternately, you can pick up and external hard drive case and basically do the same.  This would cost you for the case and the transfer will be slower.  There are probably a few other things that you can try, but I'd need more detail on your situation.

I'm going to be posting an article on how to install a second hard drive in the very near future, so I'll post a link in this thread when it is up and running.

Check out my HubPages for useful computer tutorials.  [link under wolfie]
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2009, 05:28:23 am »

The OP is kidding, right? They expect me to pay for filehosting sop I can upload enormous files and then use about 2GB worth of bandwidth (that I also pay for) just so they can have the contents of my Downloads folder - which is Maxis match and they would probably hate it anyway?

Honey - we all like different things and what I think is pretty is likely not what you find attractive. Also, I probably have different EPs and SPs to you, which means that much of my CC would crash your game. And I sure as hell am not going to pay for filehosting and waste my bandwidth just so you don't have to look for stuff on various sites. And I don't think anyone else on this site is stupid enough to do it, either.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2009, 11:16:35 am »

I'm closing this. If you have certain downloads you'd like help tracking down (as long you have pictures), by all means post in our WCIF section. Other than that, everyone else has pretty much said it; we all have different tastes, and we all have large dowload folders, so it's just not feasible for someone to share their entire folder. Mine is almost 6 gb...and that's a big file.

It's time to start fresh. Many of us have had to do it at least once.

Oh and Zordac, linking to the booty is only allowed in WCIF threads and download threads in which a creator is giving a shopping list of items they'll need for a creation, and only if the original creator site is listed, so I'm removing that link.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: