Insimenator.org
April 28, 2024, 02:15:09 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Question for the Site community  (Read 10013 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Skye
Creator

Sims Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2009, 02:57:33 pm »

Okay, so I answered your similar message on ss2, and after reading this I must answer.

I am a creator. I create Celebrity Sims. I am also a grandmother, which also makes me a mother.  Thus, Real Life. One of my kids is 11, the other one is 21.  We also have a HUGE family, with lots of drama that also goes in there as well!

Recently my computer has gone fried because of a lightening storm, so I am not able to get in here as much as I would like to.

When I Was able, I was up to my eyeballs in requests. Now I'm good (semi-compared to some of these awesome creators!), but I'm Not quick! I want it done well.  I have waded through all those requests, and Have done a few that hadn't been done before.  Some celebs or real people refuse to be done--that is, they are a mite harder because the Bodyshop couldn't do THAT nose or whatever.....this is what we're up against. We're not sure of what is going to be tough to make until you ask for it.

When we ask you to learn the mesh craft, it is because the community needs More meshers. They simply cannot keep up with the demands put on them....or they just don't know How to do that certain part you need.....Most of us have found something we needed; and just found a way to make it ourselves.

I do hope this answers your questions. And in the future you will be kinder to those you want something from. Add a little patience to that request, then a little more, then a little more patience. If you demand it, or get nasty, you will wait that much longer for your request.

(Breaktime! Whew! That was one tough sim!)
Sincerely,
Skye
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 03:12:53 pm by skye » Logged

I don't have net  so can't do  requests right now. so sorry
DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2009, 03:12:27 pm »

I see my kitty isn't the only one that uses a keyboard for a chaise lounge... Dreamy Titter (pardon the interruption) ...advice continues

Kay you're more advanced than me—I haven't even found body shop yet  Embarrassed  Dunno  Embarrassed Whistle.

ETA: Yep totally serious,  Giggle  Thanks a bunch for the info Skye. I really appreciate that answer to my duncey question.

I never asked before because:
1. I was busy playing (new to the game) 2. I haven't a clue what it does (too busy simming Yahoo)   & 3. too lulzily embarrassed  Embarrassed DOH(yes I conjugated lulz) to ask.
& finally I'll add #4 just for good measure:

I figured it was something I hadn't looked up or read.  I really do read threads and search and didn't want to waste anyone's time with an "i'm curious but havent searched enough (or at all really) type of question.  Which is why I seriously do thank you for thanking time to answer.  I really don't want to encourage anyone to be lazy but think this is an excellent example of how sometimes people do take the time to answer even embarrassingly silly questions that noobs like me didn't know.

On that note I think good advice would also be to read questions similar to your own as well as the FAQ's.  On occasion when I haven't received a response I've found the exact answer I needed in someone else's question/thread.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 04:11:05 pm by DaSpecial1 » Logged

Sims by Dasi:

ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2009, 03:14:34 pm »

In answer to your question about who makes what or who might be interested in making something, the best answer I think anyone can give you is to look at what they've done.  There are several creators that have made the build and bodyshop items necessary for a sci-fi world, fantasy world, medieval world and superhero world.  I know there's some videos on YouTube where a simmer recreated parts of the movie, The Titanic.  There's speeders from Star Wars out there.  There's flying saucers.  There's space shuttles similar to Star Trek shuttles.  There's tutorials for making what approximates a curved roof.

Do you need an interior of everything or just specific compartments?  Do you need a complete exterior or just enough of an exterior to suggest the whole thing is there?  Once you find the little pieces, can you put them all together to suggest the big seemingly impossible whole?

Again, browse the web to see who makes what and make note of things that you can use to create the visual effects of what you want.
Skye
Creator

Sims Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2009, 03:14:55 pm »

Seriously?
You can find it this way: Start, then EA Games, then find your latest game, and you'll find Bodyshop right under that one!
hugs,
Skye

I don't have net  so can't do  requests right now. so sorry
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2009, 03:56:03 pm »

I've avoided saying this, but it just keeps popping back into my head. 

At one time I tried to do as many sim requests as I could and help out in the Help sections on every thread.  The more I did, the more people would come back and be disrespectful to me and what I do.  I saw that happening to others who freely gave their time to help someone make their game they way they wanted it.  It no longer was fun or rewarding for me so I stopped. 

I started modding because I couldn't find any game mods that made it harder to achieve the LTWs.  I would get bored as soon as a family got 10k in the household budget, mommy and daddy both achieving permaplat status, blah blah blah.  So I learned what I needed to to make my own mods or modify someone else's mods that enabled me to play my game.  The only requests I'll consider is for a mod that would fit into my game play.

I regularly look at the mod requests here to see if there's something I'd be interested in doing.  I see some requests that I could do, but don't fit my game, so I pass them by.  I see some ridiculous requests that can't be done and everyone jumping on the "me too" band wagon.  But it doesn't matter how many people think it is a great idea, it's just not possible from my point of view and many other modders point's of view.  I've learned it does no good to tell people it's not possible, so I've stopped telling them. 

One of the nice things about this site is Squinge has a request section here for mods.  One of the bad things about this site is Squinge has a request section.  If some thing is requested in that section, Squinge may do it or he may never get around to it.  But just by it being in that section, the few modders that come by here won't even look at it.  Some creators also have or had request sections.  But if the request doesn't fit them, it just hangs there and nothing gets done.  But if you have a creator in mind that has done the type of objects/recolors/mods/whatever and you think what you want fits their style, ask in their request thread or with PMs or in the general requests threads with a PM asking them to take a look at the request.

ok, I'm rambling more than anything now...that's all folks.

kaykeyser

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2009, 04:04:12 pm »

@ DaSpecial1 I'll help you body shop but  Im not going to upload any thing for you unless you tell me the artit's name of the mesh you want recolored, show me that the artist said it was ok to recolor the mesh and tell me how to upload the mesh.  this is why I don't upload any thing, I can't remember who made what meshes and don't know how to refind the artist to ask if I can upload there work. other things I make I know the artists wishes and there for I can not reupload there work.

but I can link you to what I remember and teach you how to Body shop. 

as for the rest of you all I want is for you to spot

My name is (name)
I like to make meshes of (name)
I have (time) hours of free time
I am/ am not taking requests right now

when you see a request say if you'll do it or not
if a request can't be done say why

Im not asking for any thing else.  Also some posts Im reading were highly helpfull and I'll take that advice. other posts, misunderstood all or part of what I said but I dont want to start arguments.

I do have a new question, how do I keep track of what artist made what meshes?   if I made folders would the game know how to open my made up folders and how to find the downloads if I filled the EA games: sims 2: downloads folder with all kinds of new made up folders?

and how do I ID the names of artists who make meshes?  some people sighn there work, other's don't  how do I find out who posted what?

and how many websites would let me upload my sims files any how?

DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2009, 04:16:10 pm »

Sims2pack clean installer will list them for you. http://sims2pack.modthesims2.com/index.php?page=3

and yes all my CC is clearly labeled in subfolders.  Huge advantage if you have a glitch or problem with CC and need to locate the conflicting file.

Ty for the offer Smiley see you're a creator already! Wink. Finding body shop is great for now though thanks I'm just enjoying playing the game.

Sims by Dasi:

kaykeyser

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2009, 04:25:39 pm »

Sims2pack clean installer will list them for you. http://sims2pack.modthesims2.com/index.php?page=3

Ty for the offer Smiley see you're a creator already! Wink. Finding body shop is great for now though thanks I'm just enjoying playing the game.

clean installer finds out who made a mesh after its in the downloads folder and the zip or rar file has been deleted? 

any how like the other guy said finding body shop means using the version from the most resentr EP
the start up Icon is right along the same menue as the game's start up icon. 

once there you want to folow the menues and do things  I'll screen shot for you if you PM me,
then have a paint program of some kind ready for the recoloring step.

body shop confuses me way less then SimsPE I need a SimsPE lesson that is more simplified then the tutorials. 

if you have a huge Download collection Body shop may take several minuets top open.  So dont rush back here with "my body shop won't work"

some frequent body shop problems are
1. wrong version being used
2. you didn't give it time to oppen yet
3. you have cash files laying about.

I always delete my cash or what ever technical name they have, files before running my game.
some day I may screen shot all these thingamagigs and learn the proper names .

any how my PMs always here for you .

to ancienthighway Im looking for things I think are not out there. I have looked on Sims wiki and modthesims 2 and a small handful of WCIF threads, download sites, etc I think what I want has not been created before.   and Im looking for all kinds of things like a Fly head, I modded one but I wanted feedback on its quality and never got it, and I want the top half of a sub since the botum half wouldn't be shown since it would be under water, but I want entire complete objects when it comes to  sci-fi animals. I also have a number of requests for changing a mesh that exists so it applies to all ages and all genderes   I also have a lot of signs I want created  but I think I found some one to do those I need to wait yet.  also this other person whos helping me cant find a good palce to upload her work so I need a suggestion.  over all I have several 100 thing I want some are  requests for the same things other people made and I wanted to know what other peoples requests were also passed over.

« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 04:38:08 pm by kaykeyser » Logged
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2009, 04:31:56 pm »

See, this is what you just don't seem to uderstand. You can ask for something, but you have NO RIGHT to demand that everyone who reads it answer with a yes or no.

If you really want to track all the artists and what they make, then that's your job, not ours. I've answered that too, and you've been given other suggestions here about that. This is exactly the 'high maintenance/I'm entitled' attitude I'm talking about. Look around. If you see an artist that makes stuff of the theme you like, make a note of it. A person's free time can vary from day to day. I know mine does and half the time I don't know how much time I'm going to have to spend on my 'free time' stuff. Personally, I think a person's free time is no one's business but theirs. Just because they have that time, doesn't mean they're going to spend on your requests.

There's a big difference between demanding and requesting. Your posts are filled with "I want" and that is a far cry from asking. It's unreasonable for you to expect every mesher on this site to come to you to report. You can see for yourself what they do.

As for keeping track of who made what, you can create subfolders in your Downloads folder. So you can have a Subfolder for clothing, and then within that folder have it organized into further subfolders by artist. As long as you have NL, your game will be fine. To help you remember what's what when you're downloading things, create a folder on your desktop (or wherever you download your files to) and label it with the artist's name. So if you see a bunch of stuff here from, say, BlooM, create a folder called "BlooM" on your desktop and download all of the files you like into there. Then, you can make a subfolder in your Downloads called "BlooM" or a subfolder called "Clothing" that has a folder within it called "BlooM". Your install path would then be EA Games/Sims 2/Downloads/Clothing/BlooM.

I have a flash drive with back ups of all the files I've downloaded. I also download a picture of the item and stick them both in a file, so I can easily identify something if I need to.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Roxy2004

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2009, 04:36:54 pm »

and yes all my CC is clearly labeled in subfolders.  Huge advantage if you have a glitch or problem with CC and need to locate the conflicting file.

There are many bodyshop tutorials, both on this site and MTS2.  I've used the tuts from both sites and they are easy to follow.   Some give tips on creating sims others on how to recolor clothing. 

DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2009, 04:41:46 pm »

Ty again you've been more than helpful Kay Smiley.   But really I'd never ask until I search first.  Bodyshop just hadn't peaked my interest yet; I was only slightly curious.  Thx Roxy.

No worries, I don't want to lose the focus of this thread.  Another problem is that series questions are often better placed in separate threads so I try not to stray too far off topic.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 04:47:53 pm by DaSpecial1 » Logged

Sims by Dasi:

ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2009, 04:48:17 pm »

As far as a place to upload the things that are ready for you, there are several options possible.  Do a Google search for filesharing and you'll have a number of sites pop up that allow you to upload your work and a "code" to download it.  This is great for a creator to get their creations to you if it's not to be shared with anyone else.

If you think the things you have created are share worthy, IS has the community downloads section, and if you have enough material and expect to continue creating, you could ask for your own section.  An alternative would be to make your own website.  Freewebs.com offers free web hosting.   There are other free hosting sites available.  You could get onto a blog site and put your downloads there.  Even MySpace or FacePage.
kaykeyser

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2009, 04:58:30 pm »

See, this is what you just don't seem to uderstand. You can ask for something, but you have NO RIGHT to demand that everyone who reads it answer with a yes or no.

Im trying not to demand,if it came off that way sory, its a question that I could ask on other websites with out offending any one, Im used to people agreeing quickly to that kind of question.  its just Im telling you what helps me.

as for ancienthighway's suggestions, I want to share but want to learn  weather or not I would be aloud to post what I made since I don't know who owns the meshes I used or if my Sims are even good looking or if Im aloud to post sims based on copywriter subjects.   I need a lot more resurch.  any how Im going to start looking up threads and FAQs

if people feel like answering questions the way I asked them to fine, if not I'll find my answers in the way your demanding. 

ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2009, 05:10:05 pm »

If you have recolors that you don't remember where the mesh came from, WCIF is a great place to ask.  Post your recolor, ask, and check out the results.
Sierra

Don't mind me... I'm just lurking

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2009, 05:15:19 pm »

as for the rest of you all I want is for you to spot

My name is (name)
I like to make meshes of (name)
I have (time) hours of free time
I am/ am not taking requests right now

when you see a request say if you'll do it or not
if a request can't be done say why

Im not asking for any thing else. 

You're basically expecting us to treat you like someone special, give you special attention, while everyone else are patiently waiting with their requests. When you post something, we should be standing ready in line to give you response. I love to create stuff for the game but this type of attitude makes me skip a request faster than a roadrunner. Undecided

If I make a reguest and get no answers, then I know that either no one is interested or the item in question is not possible to do. Period. I do not need to know why.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: