Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 09:26:03 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Help! Houses and N'hoods that i downloaded not showing up..dont know y..  (Read 7960 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Liyanared

View Profile
« on: March 17, 2009, 02:54:37 am »

huh

I started playing AL just recently.. and i've been playing sims 2 now for quite some time..so i've been downloading custom contents for almost 2 years now [for the base game only-never had any success with expansion packs until recently] and no problems have occured. But recently, i've been downloading custom contents for AL and everything works fine until suddenly i noticed that only for of the many houses i've downloaded are appearing in the game. i've make sure that all the houses i download are AL compatible. and it also happens with downloaded neighbourhoods.. Pleasee anyone help me?? I'm practically begging and kissing your feets by now!  Cheesy

p/s : sorry for the draggy writing! n sorry if i posted at the wrong forum n repeated a question cause it's my first time writing on a forum as big and famous like thiss!!  Grin
Liyanared

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2009, 10:12:57 am »

Sorry, don't mean to be pushy, but i need to solve this to make a story..
pleasee help me guys..  Cry
amc462000
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2009, 02:19:45 pm »

you are double-clicking the sims2packs to install them?  or using sims2pack installer to install them?
Liyanared

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2009, 10:32:13 pm »

earlier on i did that, but then i installed clean installer and reinstalled all the not working ones...
you think i need to recheck??   huh
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2009, 11:05:59 pm »

Please be aware that any neighborhoods need to go in EA Games: The Sims 2: Neighborhoods tongue they will not show up in just your downloads folder, and I would suggest using clean installer to install CC in your game
Liyanared

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2009, 11:57:01 pm »

aww..i tried what you told me but it didnt work..
maybe i need to reinstall it..thnks anyways!  Cheesy
amc462000
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2009, 12:06:03 am »

No, they don't go into neighborhoods.  they can be put in downloads using clean installer. When using the sims2 package installer, they go into teleport until the game is loaded.  

as for neighborhoods that you download, you put those in SC4 Terrains file.
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2009, 12:14:52 am »

whoops! lol
Liyanared

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2009, 01:54:13 am »

lol..i put the folder into SC4 Terrain but nothing happened..sobs..
maybe im doing something wrong.. anyways, can u guys help me with the custom house problem..as i LOVEE to download the beautiful houses available and just too plain lazy to make one myself...  Grin Grin
amc462000
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2009, 07:40:03 am »

what folder?  you just put your terrains/neighborhoods in loose into the SC4Terrains folder. For your houses you use clean installer to install them into Downloads or just double-click the Sims2package file to install it by itself. There is no wrong way to do that. Does your other Custom Content, like clothes you have downloaded or whatever, show up in your game?
Liyanared

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2009, 09:00:04 am »

my other stuffs shows up just fine..only the houses and neighbourhoods.. but as far as i can remember i installed them using clean installer.. early this year, i've downloaded like 4 houses and they show up.. but the rest don't.. and there's something else wrong i think cause i can use one house for more than once.. like it is saying "you can use me all u want but im not goin anywhere!"   Cheesy Laugh2
amc462000
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2009, 09:15:48 am »

?  what do you mean? you can use houses more than once. that is normal.
Liyanared

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2009, 09:21:51 am »

really? before this i only use custom content on base game and when u use a house, that's the only time u can use that particular house.. hehe.. thnksss for the note! i thought my game is bugged..
amc462000
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2009, 09:31:40 am »

Oh yeah, with the base game, once you use a house it is gone; I forgot about that!  Cheesy
Liyanared

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2009, 12:02:53 am »

lol..now, im trying to figure out how to lessen the freezing while playing..it even messes up my game! btw, i've just installed free time and seasons...and it's getting slowerrrrrrr.....maybe because of insufficient ram??
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: