Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 12:37:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help! Houses and N'hoods that i downloaded not showing up..dont know y..  (Read 8043 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2009, 12:49:24 am »

Hmm are you sure your not downloading homes not compatible with your EP's because that can likely cause problems and I feel your pain with the low memory and RAM issue I only have 256 MB of free space lol! tongue
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2009, 02:03:10 am »

If I understand this correctly, you are trying to put houses and SC4 terrains into your game, yes?

Houses: come in a Sims2Pack file, which chucks stuff into the Teleport folder. The house gets installed when you next run the game. General advice for installing houses is that you install them only 1 or 2, at the most 3, at a time and keep exiting the game to continue installing further houses. PITA, I know, especially if your game takes a long time to load, but this stops the game from losing the houses. If you think you previously installed a house but it's not showing up in your lots and houses bin, go to the Teleport folder in My Documents>EA Games>The Sims 2. Are there files there? If yes - delete EVRYTHING in there. These are your failed house installations and they are preventing new houses from being installed. Once you have deleted the contents of the Teleport folder, try installing the houses again. But remember - only a couple at a time. Also, even though the Clean Installer will let you, you should not install houses that require Expansion Packs that you do not have. They will make your game crash. Missing Stuff Packs is OK for some reason, the game will simply remove the content you don't have, but houses that require expansions you don't have will make your game crash when you attempt to enter them from the neighbourhood screen.

SC4 terrains: These go loose into the SC4Terrains folder. They are NOT neighbourhoods. They are terrains which you can use as base for building your own custom hood. This is why you are not seeing anything in the neighbourhood chooser screen. Click on the plus sign box to create a new hood - are your custom terrains there? If yes - you have successfully installed the terrains, go and make yourself a new hood Smiley If not, check the SC4Terrains folder - they need to be loose in there, not subfoldered.

Neighbourhoods: These will come as a bunch of .package files and subfolders in a folder numbered N004 or above. This folder goes into the Neighbourhoods folder. Remember - you cannot have 2 neighbourhoods that are numbered the same and you should never make neighbourhood folders overwrite each other when you put in a new hood or restore a backup. If you have downloaded a neighbourhood that is numbered the same as a hood that is already in your game, it is not enough that you change the number of the folder. You must also rename each and every file inside that folder and all of it's subfolders to correspond to the new hood number. This is best done with a mass renaming utility. I use one called CKRename.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
amc462000
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2009, 07:32:47 am »

re freezing:  take out your whole downloads folder and see if it still does it. it is probably a problem with something you downloaded

re slow: How much RAM do you have?  and yes Seasons etc will slow down your game.
Liyanared

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2009, 09:02:24 am »

when i installed seasons it disabled the custom contents until i shut it up and open it back but i played it for awhile without the downloads and it doesn't freeze [not that much i think]..so maybe yes, something i downloaded is causing this, but then, i noticed that it freezes more when im playing in belladonna cove but not in the other n'hoods... so i took the house that i like to play out along with the people and moved them to the seasons hood...and it doesnt freeze that much anymore! YEAYYY!!!  Cheesy

about the ram, i THINK 160 or 256... hehe..not sure...
but this is a new desktop and the used space is only 1/4 of the whole thing...and it's not that slow if i play in the other hoods rather than belladonna... so thats kinda fine with me.. but i saw this program today that says it can speed up the computer or something of that sort... i wanna try but im not sure..

"https://speedbit.plimus.com/jsp/buynow.jsp?contractId=1686242"
the website of that program...

for the house thing, it does end up in teleport everytime i install it... and i dont install more than 2-3 houses at a time...and i am sure that i chose the compatible house with my expansions... cause just a few days ago, i downloaded a magnificent apartment and it only requires the AL.. but it's not showing up as well... and the other houses that i downloaded are mostly from QBuilderz at MTS2 and im sure i only downloaded the ones that goes with the base game...

oh my, i didnt notice that i typed such a longgggggggggggggg answer..hehheheee...my bad..  Grin
as for the SC4 terrains and n'hood..i think im going to leave that for a while cause it doesnt bother me that much as it does with the houses.. [because im just too plain lazy to build one myself as i tend to take more than 2 hours for DETAILSSSS] lol..my friend say that i have obsessive compulsive disorder..maybe i do... *stops to think about it*
yeah,  maybe..  Grin  Lol..

anyways, can u guys have a look at the speed optimizer thingy.. thankss a bunch!!
and thankssss forever for all the help..im gonna retry all the things said...  Grin
amc462000
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2009, 09:19:32 am »

yes RAM matters.  I have 2gb on my computer and it still bogs down at times.
Liyanared

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2009, 03:23:46 am »

Thanks a lot guys for all the help! I think the problem is solved now as i can install the houses and they worked fine! I'm really grateful for all the help! But..as that problem solved, a new problem arises...my bodyshop crashes everytime i want to use it! N i need to use it to edit my sims. Any help will help so much!
amc462000
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2009, 07:51:56 am »

How much RAM do you have?  How much free space on your hard drive? What operating system are you using? what kind of graphics card?
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: