Insimenator.org
April 16, 2024, 06:41:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can´t place objects in apartment  (Read 4258 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
MilliePly

View Profile
« on: March 17, 2009, 06:42:15 am »

My problem is driving me crazy. I have build an apartmentlot and in some of the rooms I can´t put furnitures. I´t says out of area or something. Like when you are trying to put something outside the apartment. I´ve doublechecked the apartments but there´s nothing wrong. The last apartment I build the first floor worked but not the second and they are exactly the same! I just couldn´t put furnitures in the livingroom but the other rooms worked. I have a balcony but there´s fence all around it. What can it be? Cry
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2009, 11:09:47 pm »

Does it say something like object must be placed indoors when it looks like you are indeed indoors? if so you should put in the cheat moveobjects on by clicking ctrl shift c and type it into the cheat box that comes up then you can place any object ANYWHERE Grin
MilliePly

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2009, 03:27:28 am »

I´ve tried that too but it doesn´t work. It´s like the rooms doesn´t belong too the apartment. This is taking out all of the fun of building apartments cause this has happened before. I guess i just have too stick with  maxis apartment but they are so boring! Sad
amc462000
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2009, 07:41:22 am »

Is this happening after you turn them into apartments? try putting all your furnishing in while it is still a residential lot.
MilliePly

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2009, 05:55:09 am »

Yes, that´s what I´m doing but I don´t understand why this is happening. I must be doing some wrong when building, but I can´t figure out what it is! Thank´s anyway for trying too helping me out Grin
amc462000
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2009, 07:43:19 am »

I am not sure what your answer means; do you mean you are having this placement problem while the lot is still residential? Or after you change it to apartments? These rooms where the problem occurs are real rooms with 4 walls and a roof? no fences inside, even like the little Great Divide running across your floors?
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2009, 07:32:27 pm »

Another thing that could go wrong when building a second floor is when you make the second floor inside a roofline, as in an attic. What I mean is that you place the roof, then some dormers and then you create rooms inside the roof space. This area is considered to be "outside" by the game. Your sims will get cold in those rooms if you have Seasons installed. Angela's room in the Pleasant house in Pleasantview is a good example of this. If you move her bed to the outside wall of the house, she will get cold at night.  For some reason she is fine while her bed is placed inside the dormer, but the roof-generated outside wall where her desk is placed is considered to be "outside" by the game. Certain items cannot be placed on those walls, either, because they have to go "inside" a house.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
SenkoTwiik
Carnival Freakshow

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2009, 10:48:29 pm »

I have the same exact problem with one of my apartments. Even when I put the moveObjects on cheat, it still will not allow me to place furniture in specific places on the second floor. I can place furniture on the left side of the room, but not the right. I don't have any dormers or anything like that, just roofs made for my townhouses, so they are close together, but they are still normal roofs. The room worked fine when it was still residential, when I moved sims out and changed to apartments, some furniture was deleted, and I could not replace them where they were supposed to be. And the apartmentBuildBuyRestrictions on/off doesn't seem to work to try changing things around. Maybe try that cheat on yours and check your roofs or walls? It wouldn't work for me, but now my neighborhood won't even work, so it may work fine for you.

Let He who is without sin...kick the first arse.

My Girls: http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,108744.0.html
My site: http://voodoonightmares.freeforums.org/
galidor

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2009, 05:47:51 pm »

I also recently have had this problem. It's very frustrating. I try to place objects in one room and I get the "Placement not allowed" or something like that. It's the same message you get if you try to put stuff outside of the currently active apt. It's also the kitchen which makes it even worse, cause the refrigerator optios are extremely limited, ex: Make single/many. There's no serve option. Any help with this would be much apprecieated.

Edit: I figured it out. It's the room dividers. For some weird reason when they're used the game sees one part of the divided room as not part of the apartment. I'll attach a screen shot for those who need a reference.
All you have to do is move your sims out, change the lot zoning to residential, save/exit/re-enter, remove the room dividers, change the lot zoning back to apartmentbase, save and move your sims back in. And everything should work fine!  cool

* Untitled-1.jpg (367.07 KB, 996x493 - viewed 330 times.)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 06:36:24 pm by galidor » Logged

Stay away from fools, cause fools attract cops and cops got guns, and cuffs, and cells to stuff you in. :rr:
Give Donnie a Million Hugs!
AFallenangel

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2009, 01:58:48 am »

I had a similar problem but I eventually had to take out all inside walls on my second floor of one apartment (townhouse like). After that everything worked fine it was just a pain in the but because I couldn't have walls on that floor.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: