Insimenator.org
April 24, 2024, 01:58:23 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: By The Road To Nowhere  (Read 3787 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
strangetowner

View Profile
« on: March 17, 2009, 10:15:56 am »

Thanks a lot for checking out my story. Comments are appreciated!

By The Road To Nowhere

Part 1: The Early Strangetown Years

Once upon a time there was a small desert town named Strangetown. Strangetown was surrounded by spectacular desert landscape but it was very isolated from the rest of Simland. Strangetown wasn't a town for ordinary people.
Most ordinary people frowned when they heard "Strangetown" and they would often shout at the person who had mentioned it for reminding them of bothersome aliens and ufos. People were saying that weird things were happening in Strangetown and that the whole town was a big mystery. There had never been any population of any other town that had spotted so many ufos as the Strangetownians.
The most asked question in Strangetown was "Do aliens exist among us?".

Strangetowner (aka Oceanborn or The_Oceanborn)
strangetowner

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2009, 10:17:05 am »

Olive and Willow

At the end of Dead End Lane there was a scary looking brick house built in a Spanish style. The Muendas had lived there for two generations now. Peponi and Lerato Muenda had mysteriously disappeared one year ago and their two young adult daughters had taken over the house. They didn't have too much money and they were not used to provide for themselves.
Willow, the youngest one had always been the smart, reserved one who said very little and had her head in the books. She had taken a job as a pre-school assistant to sustain her and her sister. Olive on the other hand was extrovert and popular. She felt too young to start working. She wanted to be young forever and her head was filled with thoughts about Hugh, her fiancé.

Hugh Thanasia had propsed to her one week ago and they had planned to get married very soon. Olive loved this man. He had proposed right outside the house and afterward he had carried her into the bedroom and they had made love.

Hugh was very sensual and romantic, Olive thought. She had not known him for too long but she wanted to marry him so badly. Olive dreamed of a bigger house built in the same Spanish style, a big garden and loads of friends who came and saw how happy they were. "You need to come back to earth", her sister Willow said to her all the time. Olive wanted so much. She wanted to be rich. Hugh was not rich. He lived in a small bedsit and he did not have a job. Willow always told her sister that she had heard rumours about Hugh seeing other girls but Olive thought it was all nonsense Willow had made up because of jealousy. Olive knew that Willow was not like her. She wasn't as popular, good looking and fashionable as her and Olive knew that she wanted the same "fame" in Strangetown.

Willow didn't have many friends or any at all. She said that she didn't have time because she needed to work to provide for her childish two year older sister. In her free time Willow read a lot. If she did not read she was either working, preparing meals or cleaning the house. Olive didn't do any other things than spending time with Hugh, throwing parties or ....... thinking.

There was no big garden like she dreamed about but there was a green, empty yard outside the house. She and Willow used to play there when they were young. She did not remember what had been there. Maybe there had been a swing? Maybe an apple tree? Olive used to sit in an old chair she had placed at the end of the yard and she could sit there for hours. Sometimes her sister thought she was crazy and sometimes she asked if there was a little philosophical mind inside her sister. At times Olive couldn't stand Willow. Especially not when Willow tried to get Olive's mind away from Hugh. Yes, Willow had tried that. Olive thought Willow could be too judgemental at times.  She acted like she knew everything. But she did know everything! At least Olive felt like that. She often wished she could be just like her sister. If she wasn't as naive as she was she could have saved herself from lots of trouble. But it didn't take long until Olive started to think about wedding planning again. Her thoughts fell upon Hugh's brother, Lou Thanasia.

Lou was a florist and he often came home to the sisters and taught them how to make flower upsets. He also promised to make flower upsets for the wedding. Life couldn't be any better.

Thanks a lot! Please comment and tell me what you think!

Strangetowner (aka Oceanborn or The_Oceanborn)
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2009, 11:38:52 am »

Very interesting so far!  I've not yet seen a story about Olive's life, and it's well written.  I hope you'll continue!

Visit me on my blog - Astral Faery's Magical Tales
-For some awesome reading try SimTales:  http://simtalesblog.blogspot.com/
-Need high quality downloads?  Shop Sugah's Place.  A wall to suit your every need, plus much more.  Stop in today!
Zorom

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2009, 03:15:02 pm »

I'm a big fan of strangetown stories, this should be interesting! I can't wait!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: