Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 10:11:23 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: question  (Read 1453 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
vballplexi10

View Profile
« on: March 18, 2009, 09:00:39 pm »

its not really a problem per say but my game has always been full screen or more widescreen but recently its not. its still full screen kinda but now the actual sims screen does not take up my whole computer screen. there are two black bars on each side. it hasnt affected my gameplay but i thought it was kind of odd. any thoughts would be helpful thanks =D
qtpie3552

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2009, 01:27:58 pm »

Try going into the graphic options and changing the settings to 800x600.

vballplexi10

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2009, 07:54:39 am »

ok i will give that a try thanks! Smiley
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2009, 04:21:27 pm »

Setting your graphics to 800x600 will make your game look really ugly if you have a good monitor and graphics card.

Find out the settings for YOUR screen (right click on desktop, click on Properties then go to Settings tab). Write down or remember the setting (it will be something like 1280x1024 or similar). Next time you launch the game, try changing the in-game display setting to match the monitor setting. If you have a wide screen monitor but you are not getting the exact option for your monitor setting in the game, try using the nearest setting.

Standard display settings are in the ratio 16:9 for widescreen and 4:3 for normal monitors. I'm not sure how to fix it if you are not getting widescreen options for your widescreen monitor. And this is what it sounds like, if you are getting black lines at the sides of the monitor.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: