Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 05:56:58 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: kids and teens walk home from school...and adults walk home from work?  (Read 6510 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
emoarian19

View Profile
« on: March 18, 2009, 09:33:51 pm »

I like to make my sims walk to school, but they always come home on the bus. is there anyway it can be possible to make them walk home? even when they walk home they can still bring their friends or gf's/bf's etc...

and adults, personally i walk to work everyday..and i walk home. i would also like my adults to have the option of walking home instead of getting a ride back.
kinda like being in college lots.

I hope i didnt confuse anyone. Undecided

PS...
I have all expansion packs.
and most stuff packs all except  M&G/TSS/K&B
I have M&G Stuff now by the way
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 03:04:29 pm by emoarian19 » Logged
JacobM

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2009, 10:12:58 pm »

i think this mod would be effective if there was a mod that allowed sims to walk home if they walked there in the first place. i love how you can tell them to walk to school/work but if they walk there, they should be able to walk back. but if they take the bus/carpool they get a ride back. that makes most sense to me Smiley

you'd best list your expansion packs according to the rules, btw. Tongue
emoarian19

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2009, 10:32:36 pm »

i think this mod would be effective if there was a mod that allowed sims to walk home if they walked there in the first place. i love how you can tell them to walk to school/work but if they walk there, they should be able to walk back. but if they take the bus/carpool they get a ride back. that makes most sense to me Smiley

you'd best list your expansion packs according to the rules, btw. Tongue

haha I forgot  rolleyes...thanks for reminding me!

JacobM

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2009, 05:18:28 am »

hey you're welcome. i don't want your request to get overlooked. Wink
emoarian19

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2009, 05:22:53 pm »

hey you're welcome. i don't want your request to get overlooked. Wink

aww, you're so nice! Grin
JacobM

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2009, 06:41:54 am »

well what can i say. i'm a doll.   rolleyes
aelflaed

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2009, 10:06:55 pm »

Can I third this request? I want my sims to walk home too.
emoarian19

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2009, 11:05:55 pm »

Can I third this request? I want my sims to walk home too.

the more the merrier! I hope they look this one over its really annoying taking the carpool when they dont even talk to the sim they are getting the carpool from. how are you gonna take a ride from a stranger?
l ange bleu

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2009, 12:19:58 pm »

do you think that if  i remove the cars portals (not the service one, but the one use for working cars and school bus) it might work ? or crash the game ?
emoarian19

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2009, 12:45:01 pm »

do you think that if  i remove the cars portals (not the service one, but the one use for working cars and school bus) it might work ? or crash the game ?

I never thought about that, but Im too scared to try it. I wonder if anyone else has?
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2009, 01:36:00 pm »

I think it would probably crash the game or make that lot unplayable if portals were removed.

You need at least BV or AL in order to walk to work or to school. I'm not sure about FT, but BV and AL are the only EPs that allow Sims to walk to work or to school because both EPs contain the code necessary for the walk portals to work on these lots.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2009, 02:07:02 pm »

That would mess up the game because when sims walk to a lot they use an invisible car in the game code.

If you have a question about my mods post it here
emoarian19

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2009, 10:24:12 am »

I'm not sure about FT, but BV and AL are the only EPs that allow Sims to walk to work or to school because both EPs contain the code necessary for the walk portals to work on these lots.

Im pretty sure you can walk in FT i remember being able to walk to the park, but then again I have BV and all the other expansion packs.
!DO NOT DELETE THE PORTALS!
rosesforme17

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2009, 01:11:35 pm »

I know this thread hasn't been posted in for a while, but the original request is similar to mine and I thought it would be better to just include mine here rather than start a new thread. If I should have started a new thread, please let me know.

My idea that I had intended to request today before finding this one, is to have the option to have your sims walk to/from school/work by default rather than take the bus or carpool, unless they have an assigned car. Maybe there could be a pie menu that would let you decide on a per lot basis whether they will be walking or carpooling/bus riding. Whether my idea can be done or not, I would also like to throw my vote in for the original request. Thanks in advance.

emoarian19

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2009, 01:49:14 pm »

I know this thread hasn't been posted in for a while, but the original request is similar to mine.

If you have posted this already I'm sorry. I didnt find anything posted requesting this mod.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: