Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 07:58:43 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: What was Your First Sims 2 Experience Like?  (Read 17261 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Madison-Simple-As-That

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2009, 10:35:54 pm »

Psh, I know! That commercial is nothing like the game, and was full of crap that can't happen. *pouts with Joy and sulks with Chaavik*

I remember on one of my first fams, my self sim as a teen, mum and dad and little sister, and I was struggling BIG TIME! I used a maxis house and decorated a little of the inside, and it was terrible, I was a new player, and whenever the social bunny showed up it was watching my sim go to the bathroom and it scared the freaking crap outta me. I thought it came from that little pink bunny toddler toy, and when I sold it and it didn't leave, I got scared. I had my self sim (That looked nothing like me) fight it, and I was just plain freaked out, so I turned it off, later to find outwhat the bunny was and where it came from. Lol.
And I never knew about cakes until my friend told me about it.

I am Madi_Loves_Yew.
Sierra

Don't mind me... I'm just lurking

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2009, 07:34:54 am »

Talking about commercials/trailers... I remember the part from the trailer, where this young couple was sitting on the couch, barely making out and then the female sim rips open her blouse before jumping all over the poor guy. Boy, was I disappointed when that feature wasn't in the game. Grin

Madison-Simple-As-That

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2009, 09:18:30 am »

Oh yeah, I figured it would be just like the commercial, but it was so much different, and the ceiling thing wasn't there, the toys, the clothes, hair, pregnant belly is way different, etc.

I am Madi_Loves_Yew.
Naria
Jedi Master

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2009, 11:43:01 am »

You guys are making me sad that I honestly can't remember my first Sims experience. It was so long ago and I have the worst memory.

But I DO remember all the lies those stupid commercials fed us! Grrrr ...

My other ride is a chocobo.
HappyThoughts
Lump of Clay

Fear me I'm 5'3" ooga booga booga

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2010, 10:15:33 pm »

My first sims experience was traumatizing and I still mourn.  I made an elder female and had her daughter living with her in a small house with only 1/16th's of a clue how to play and after 4hrs elder died while daughter was at work, I panicked turned off my pc's power and didn't play again for about 5 monthes.  Seriously I still feel that desperation and pain over granny.  She deserved better.  I live with that burden so others don't have to LMAO!   

Cheers   Coffee2

Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2010, 12:41:51 pm »

Why in the devil did you reply to a thread that has been dormant for longer than a year? Word to the wise: if it hasn't been posted in for more than a month, leave it alone and move on. Thank you.

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2010, 01:01:33 pm »

My first experience was drooling over it while watching over my cousin's back while she played. I got my laptop not long after (day before New Year's Eve, 05/06), and bought the basegame, NL, Uni and (I think) the 2005 christmas pack together with it.

Since I went to school out of my hometown, and lived in my own apartment (without parents watching over my back) there were lots of late evenings nights from then on...

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
soulofthesea
Composer/Sound Engineer in Training

Axe 'em Jacks!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2010, 01:23:19 pm »

I barely remember what my first Sims experience was like. All I remember was the very first family I made was placed into a house in Downtown (I got the Deluxe package, which was the original Sims 2 game and Nightlife), and that the teenage son looked an awful lot like my cousin Daniel.

What goes on in the Band Room either stays in the Band Room, or goes on Youtube!

I am here
Hammie
Nervous Subject

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2010, 05:12:17 pm »

Well, my first Sims 2 experience was back when the game first came out, just about three months afterwards. Ironically, my cousin, too, got me hooked to it. I ended up spending three hours at her house just playing Sims 2 with her. The next day, I bought the base game. The day after that, I discovered Dina Caliente.  rolleyes Of course, I went in and played around a bit, only to get her pregnant by Mortimer. I ended up panicing when Dina went into her third trimester. I thought she would explode. Unfortunately, she died six Sim hours later of "Sudden Pregnancy Death Syndrome".  Lips Sealed I was really upset about loosing the first Sim I ever played with, and I didn't play again until ten months later after I'd discovered how to bump up the graphics, the Boolprop cheat, and maxmotives. My head about exploded when I found "showheadlines off" and "plumbbobtoggle"!

I'm currently inactive here, find me over on Garden of Shadows instead.
zombie
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2010, 07:05:51 pm »

It was with my cousin, Brianna, I had just gotten the game for my birthday two(?) years ago, and my sister had played it before, ,but not me... So I made a "self sim" of her (who was BUTT ugly) and she did the exact same for me, but we were, like, 11 and 12 then, so it was our best try, and we only had limited CC. Well then we made a hot older brother, and two hot boyfriends, and thanks to inteen my self sim got pregnant- which was fine with us, until the baby grew up to look JUST like my self sim... then we deleted them all.

Then we made a better family- my sister's favorite sim, and a really pretty girl (yogurt, and his wife Shailena) and had them have 329,593,879,000 babies... ish... and then named them: Hobbes, Shamwow, Mr.Clean (a girl), Fireball, etc...

It turns out, Fireball is/was my favorite sim of all time ^.^

Find me on moonlight <3
HappyThoughts
Lump of Clay

Fear me I'm 5'3" ooga booga booga

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2010, 08:22:44 pm »

I thought this post was too old, maybe old posts are like old people, if you stop for a moment nope I can't think of a point, I'm too undercaffenaited.  I miss you granny. My first elder sim, my first elder death, from my first ever sim made family.  Your gone but you'll live forever in my posts now.

Coffee2 Cry2 Coffee Tea coffee

Carlwashere
Irrationally Optimistic
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2010, 08:52:49 pm »

*Don't throw rocks at me!* *Point's at happy's avi*

I barely remember my first sims 2 experience. A friend of mine who lived in the same neighborhood as me at the time showed me the game. (The first one) by this point in time sims 2 was due out in about 3 months, so I had a little stint with TS1. Not too long, never got CC for it. After I got the sims 2, about 1 month or two after it came out, I just played it. I liked the game, never had a problem. I saw CC online, took my drastically dumber brain forever to figure it out. Eventually I did, but pretty much stayed exclusively to furnitures and such. My old computer could barely run the game as is. It wasn't really fun with that old computer, but it was playable. That was my first experience. But REALLY playing the game, that's a different story.

I put the game down for a couple years, as my family and I pretty much ran around the world, finally settling down here. Last summer I was looking through my closet for my simcity disc, which I put into storage the year before, and could only find the sims 2. My cousin was staying over for a few weeks that summer and pretty much told me "why not?" since I could not find my simcity disc.
I'll be honest here, I didn't really feel like picking it up after how long I haven't played it. And the only EP I had was OFB. All I remembered of the game was lag lag lag. But I also got a new computer for my birthday that year. Regardless, I was wondering if it was going to be worth the effort to install the game.

Eventually I did. We both played on and off, grabbing CC smarter than before. And with the new comp, everything ran flawlessly. It was a lot funner then when I played the first time, but I still sort of expected to drop the game as soon as my cousin left. But no.

This "second" first experience is really where I got hooked. I was more interested in the game than just seeing how many houses I could burn down. (I did that a lot when I was younger lol) I was truly hooked to the game. I grabbed CC everywhere, for everything. I just kept playing, I signed up here, played some more. And at this point, I was quite a bit older since the last time I picked up the game, and there was a big difference in the way I played it. And, I'm still hooked, one year on. I think it's awesome.  tongue

I need more freetime.
zammy

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2010, 08:59:40 pm »

I remember getting it and trying to install it in my computer, but the thing was just so awful, that when I made a family (me, my mom, my sister, and my grandma) the loading screen from CAS to neighborhood froze up. We went out to dinner that night (it was my birthday) and it was still there XD Same thing happened with Sims 1 a couple times....

Anyway, then I'd play it at my grandma's house (she had just gotten a new computer, her first one ever) and I made a house....numerous houses.... of me and my then-crush. I have a bad habit of making multiple families of the same people. I think I had four or five versions of my and my boyfriend's sim running around my neighborhood O_o Anyway, back on track, I didn't have any CC but I remember zooming in and out and in and out and in and out just because I could XD Even going through the people a couple times because I could get that close to them!

No idea how I learned about CC, I think from downloading off the exchange since I didn't know about these wonderful sites that didn't thieve. None-the-less, I got some good stuff from there, uploaded my own stuff (I'M SORRY TO ALL CREATORS WHOSE WORK I USED WITHOUT CREDIT! Embarrassed I plead ignorance!) and that's really how I got hooked.

My Sims (2) Blog: The Sims in Wonderland
Aquarius

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2010, 07:40:48 pm »

I actually remember my first sims 1 experience better than the sims 2. All I remember about my first experience with the sims 2 is that the very first family I made was mine(Me, parents, brother, and sister) and my brother was my very first(and only) sim I've raised from teens, to YA, to Adult. I also didin't realize I could download custom content for free until like 2 or 3 years after I started playing the sims. A FEW MONTHS AGO, I just discovered the reason some of my custom hairs and cltohes didint work was because I needed Meshes(and I've been downloading CC for like 3 years  Undecided )

http://dragcave.net/view/FQZT<<<< clickety click click

*Moderation Note:  Only 1 image may be used for signatures.  Must be no larger than 250w x 50h pixels.*
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2010, 11:28:47 am »

^ I'm with you there, I remember my sims 1 experience! My grandma played sims, and I'd seen my brother play it, and wanted to try... all that happened was pee on the front lawn, and a miserable baby. :/

Find me on moonlight <3
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: