Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 01:23:05 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: What was Your First Sims 2 Experience Like?  (Read 17072 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2010, 11:17:07 pm »

I first heard about the sims when I was a sophmore in highschool. I was sitting by my friend Patrice in my 1st period Biology class, and she was laughing and talking about how the social worker took her baby away. I was half paying attention, but when she said 'social worker took my baby away' I was like who got their baby took away? She grinned and said, my sim! I was like WTF a sim? I never thought anything else about it, until one weekend I was visiting my sister and she had  copy of The Sims 1 for PS2, I popped it in and started playing, and was immediatley hooked! I played for like hours. I decided if it was this much fun on the ps2, just think how fun it would be on the computer! My boyfriend bought me TS2 Double Deluxe, I came home and installed it, and thought it was the greatest thing in the world. I can remember how excited I was when I got my first CC to show up in the game, matter-a-fact I know what it was. It was Bruno at MTS2's candy lips. YAY lol. I remember decorating really ugly houses. It sucks that my downloads folder crashed, and I lost all my first sims. I remember they were all in Pleasantview, as that was the only hood I played at first. Grin
cgirl369

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2010, 08:42:45 am »

I'd played it twice before, both times at a friend's place and let's just say we weren't good... in those two families I played there was a fire, a death, aspirational failure...

And yet I decided to get it for myself.  I made several houses, including an underwater one, till I settled with an ugly house with no flooring, just foundation (and wondering why all the sims had red environment...) and I made about 20 versions of this one family (I couldn't decide what age the kids should be, and if there should be 2, 3, or 4, lol) before I finally started playing.  I learned about cheats quickly, and was a over the top about using them.  I had no expansion packs and motherloded when needed, so I never sent them to work, and I never bothered to make them have friends or anything- when I wanted them to have spouses, I made them in CAS and moved them in (I had uni by the time the third kid's wedding came around, which made this process easier) and cheated the relationship up so they could instantly be married and have babies.  That family went several generations before I deleted the neighborhood when I was bored...  And no wonder why.  The only interesting family was one that I gave a shop selling fish, boots, and veggies they caught/grew themselves (I had nearly all the EPs by then thanks to an old friend, but I've since had to get a new computer and only have the EPs I got myself).

HATTERS
Cracked Armor

Winter for a year

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2010, 11:09:28 am »

I was introduced by my friend. Its was the sims 1 on gamecube. It was maybe 5th or 6th grade. She said: "You have to play this game with me its so fun!"
Me: "Looks kind of weird...". Little did I know I would still be playing 4 or 5 years later. I soon got very addicted to the game. I played all night long while she fell asleep. I went home and looked up the game. I even bought my own gamecube and sims 1 just to play. When I found out there was a sims 2 on PC I practically freaked out.

My first day playing sims 2 I stayed up till 5 in the morning playing. It was a 12 hour simming a thon. I ended up falling asleep at my desk with a migraine of a headache. I couldn't even stand my own thoughts. I woke up two hours later with a really bad kink in my neck and my back hurting like crazy. So yeah, I loved the game. Cheesy

stryeyeddrmr

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2010, 01:54:04 am »

Well, thanks to my friend who introduced me to the Sims 1 I kept a close watch on if/when they were making a Sims 2. When it came out, I remember rushing to the store and getting it. I think there were only 2 left other than the one I had gotten at the time. I remember I read the book at least 2 times because I would forget camera shortcuts. I also remember feeling (and still do sometimes) happy as a puppy with a new toy. I don't know, just something about this game I love. Perhaps putting all the stories in my head to life, or perhaps it's the "escape from reality". Especially with the hundreds of cc and mods, I'm in simmer's heaven  Cheesy

Sims 2 expansions: $20 New ram for cc: $ 60 Escaping to another reality to the point of addiction: Priceless
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: