Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 05:00:50 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Default replacements for a skintone?  (Read 6607 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
JacobM

View Profile
« on: March 19, 2009, 03:15:34 am »

hey, everyone.

i've been trying to do it myself for more than an hour, but i can't do it myself.

i would really like for if anyone can make default replacements of this skintone

http://www.digitalperversion.net/gardenofshadows/index.php?topic=4931.0

someone said they would do it but they've only done the first skintone, and she said it needed to be updated etc.

i really do love that skintone, it looks so exotic. i play with maxis defaults right now because before i couldn't find anything of the quality i wanted for a default skintone.

if anybody can do this, i'd be so greatful. i know there are people out there who make defaults with no problem. this is an amazing community.

if you can, i'd like the light skintone to be S1,
tan skin for S2
medium skin for S3
and dark skin for S4.

simple, i hope. Smiley

thank you guys so much, you are awesome.

i have all EPs, if it matters for anything.
RedMist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2009, 11:04:27 am »

It's easy, just get any default replacement skin and replace the textures by your favorite ones Wink !
JacobM

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2009, 12:55:24 am »

i know, but it is time consuming and i'm not sim p.e. savvy at all, so i was hoping someone could do it for me? Tongue
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2009, 01:47:28 am »

I'll do it in the next few days. I'm in the midst of creating content for the site where I'm a guest creator but I should be able to get to this soon. Your request is on the (thankfully short) list Smiley

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
JacobM

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2009, 03:07:00 am »

hey, thank you very much. just keep me updated when possible. Smiley

**do you think you could make the medium and the olive skintones options for S3? i'm not sure which one i want to use yet.
thanks again.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 09:17:41 pm by JacobM » Logged
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2009, 04:16:23 am »

That was my plan - make a full set of defaults with a couple of options for some of each, as some people prefer to use a darker range while others prefer a lighter skintone set. I'm still not up to filling this request, but it's next on the list so I'll do it in the next couple of days.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
JacobM

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2009, 06:49:24 pm »

oh alright! that'll be good for combinations and such in case i change my mind.
thank you so much for doing this. it's very helpful. Smiley
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2009, 03:52:17 am »

Just to keep you updated, tonight I'm going to make the set you originally requested. I will also do Olive if I get around to it, but making just 4 replacements takes about an hour and a half and it usually gives me a headache so 5 replacements in one night would be a bit too ambitious to undertake, I think.

I will do the rest of the skintones by the end of the weekend. I will PM you the links to download the set you requested, but the download for the mix-and-match set of defaults will most likely be posted on GOS, so that it is on the same site as the original skintones. I need to contact Ninika and ask her where she wants it posted, but a good guess would be that she'd want it on GOS.

JacobM

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2009, 07:24:29 pm »

that sounds good, thank you! i hope it isn't /too/ time consuming.
you're very generous i've been looking for some for weeks.
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2009, 11:38:48 pm »

I heard back from Ninika and she doesn't mind where I post the defaults. For the time being, I'll post the 4 I already did.

S1 - Light

S2 - Tan

S3 - Medium

S4 - Dark

I'll make the rest over the weekend. Taking and editing preview pics will probably take the most time, because there are so many. I'll post a link in this thread once they go up - be it here, on InSim, or on GOS.

JacobM

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2009, 12:17:49 am »

much appreciated. just link me when you have the rest, and i'll probably bookmark it or something. Smiley
have a good night. thank you.
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2009, 02:17:47 am »

The full set is now up on GOS: http://www.digitalperversion.net/gardenofshadows/index.php?topic=11835.0

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: