Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 03:30:09 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My Game Won't WORK?!  (Read 2963 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Madison-Simple-As-That

View Profile
« on: March 20, 2009, 09:49:10 am »

ERGGG! This morning when I turned on my computer and got on the internet for 10 minutes, then I clicked on Sims 2. It wouldn't work! I waited for 10 minutes after clicking play, and nothing.

I tried again, nothing. I took the cd out and cleaned it, nothing.

I also tried restarting the computer and clicking play, but it still doesn't work. HELP ME!!!!!!!

*Cry*  Cry
« Last Edit: March 20, 2009, 09:55:29 am by Jelzi » Logged

I am Madi_Loves_Yew.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2009, 10:01:27 am »

Try going into Documents/EA Games/Sims 2 and delete cigen.package, accessory.cache and group.cache.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Madison-Simple-As-That

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2009, 10:04:55 am »

JOY! YOU ARE SUCH A LIFESAVER!!!  Grin

It worked. Thank you a million times. Smiley
(This game means so much to me, my parents never spend any time on me and I have nothing else to do other than study, and I'm already an all A's student. I'm so grateful.)

What were those files for, anyways?

I am Madi_Loves_Yew.
saowens
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2009, 10:56:16 am »

Those are files the game uses to help it find things in your game faster. Sometimes they get corrupted. I've deleted them lots of times in my game. You shouldn't delete them while the game or body shop is running though.  Grin
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2009, 11:28:52 am »

You're welcome Smiley Each of those files is essentially a database for different things in the game. cigen for bodyshop files (which I believe CAS also draws on, though I could be mistaken), groups.cache catalogues the different game records into groups and accessory.cache, I think, is pretty self explanitory. It catalogues the accessories. Over time these can get corrupted and interfere with the proper loading of both body shop and the game. In fact there are alot of problems that can be caused by these files corrupting. Deleting them doens't cause problems, and restarting the game will automatically cause brand new copies to be generated. It might take a bit of time for your game to load after getting rid of this, but that's only because the game is building the new files.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Madison-Simple-As-That

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2009, 12:10:55 pm »

Oh,okay. Thanks Zordac and Joy.  Cheesy

I am Madi_Loves_Yew.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: